CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   Stock and Super Stock (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   "Live" from Charlotte 2019 (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=74422)

Larry Hill 10-08-2019 01:52 PM

"Live" from Charlotte 2019

We are here after the short uneventful 250 mile trip from Virginia. Nothing much is happening! It is cool and overcast. Weather should be nice the rest of the week. 70-83 during the day and 50s at night. We ate at a good place this morning for breakfast. Louis's Grill. I even got out and went to breakfast!!

Well more later!!

Larry Hill 10-08-2019 08:54 PM

Re: "Live" from Charlotte 2019

Well it has been a slow day! No controversial anything going on! Had a great dinner at Razoos Cajun Cafe!

Larry Hill 10-09-2019 05:24 AM

Here in stacking it's been great to catch up with old friends, talk about potential rule changes, and who is going to win the championship. Anyone seen Joe, we thought he might have been here to try to to slow the Allison freight train.
I'm kind of hesitant to post this but I purchased a new Port A Tree Eliminator Next Gen. From my point of view it has a lot features and benefits, the best part I like is the old people friendly part. In a matter of minutes the practice tree reconfirmed that I need serious help at the starting line.

I suppose this will be the next line in in the conversation of "Can you teach an old dog new tricks?" I guess time will tell for this white haired racer.

Frank Castros 10-09-2019 06:23 AM

Larry,
You're an early riser! Good luck this weekend.

HR9121 10-09-2019 06:59 AM

I've talked to Alli about this before, she spends quite a bit of time practicing before each race. I have a full size Porta Tree in my garage although it's not the newest version. I got home from work yesterday and for the first time in a long time went and made a few hits on it. Looks like it's certainly helping Alli so what the heck I need some all the help I can get!!!

jmcarter 10-09-2019 08:06 AM

I was a bit surprised as well that Joe didn’t try to block Allison at Charlotte but by the same token he’d probably have to attend the Dallas and Vegas races as well to keep some others at bay. Others with mathematical chances are all great racers so it will be very interesting runs to the finish line in both Stock and Super Stock.

Good luck to Cooter and Larry, sorry the Boss couldn’t get his car repaired in time. Going to be a good race, look forward to watching on NHRATV.

Tom Goldman 10-09-2019 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Larry Hill (Post 599444)
Here in stacking it's been great to catch up with old friends, talk about potential rule changes, and who is going to win the championship. Anyone seen Joe, we thought he might have been here to try to to slow the Allison freight train.
I'm kind of hesitant to post this but I purchased a new Port A Tree Eliminator Next Gen. From my point of view it has a lot features and benefits, the best part I like is the old people friendly part. In a matter of minutes the practice tree reconfirmed that I need serious help at the starting line.

I suppose this will be the next line in in the conversation of "Can you teach an old dog new tricks?" I guess time will tell for this white haired racer.

Larry, Have you tried the "distraction " mode on the practice tree yet ? it's great , It's like having all the drivers who play staging games lined up next to you at once !!
Really makes you focus on your game .

Mark Yacavone 10-09-2019 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmcarter (Post 599451)
I was a bit surprised as well that Joe didn’t try to block Allison at Charlotte but by the same token he’d probably have to attend the Dallas and Vegas races as well to keep some others at bay. Others with mathematical chances are all great racers so it will be very interesting runs to the finish line in both Stock and Super Stock.

PM sent

Larry Hill 10-10-2019 06:14 AM

Parking today around 8:00 AM. They sometimes pull us in a little earlier than that so be ready. I have a short list of things to do on the car to be ready for the race.

Eight of us had dinner in the shade of a motorhome. Wine, cheese, pepperoni, and crackers was the first course, almost forgot some chose beer instead of wine. A fresh green salad with grape tomatoes was complimented with only the finest of bottled dressings Charlotte had to offer. Main course was red beans and rice prepared in the finest southern Mississippi tradition, with sausage, beef, and just the right spices. Fresh French bread topped off with parkay provided just the right balance for the main course. And now what everyone waits for is dessert. We had two freshly purchased, but unopened bags of cookies, oatmeal and my favorite chocolate chip. What a great time we had with friends here in stacking, you just can't do that in a Wal-Mart or a truck stop. Sure hope your listening St. Louis.

HR9121 10-10-2019 07:00 AM

Wow I can't wait until I grow up so I can join in the fun! For me it's a day of work until the girls get out of school then the 4 and half hour trek to the track where we will arrive after hours and have to stay in the holding lot overnight. In the morning hopefully they let us in a little early so I can park, make a mad dash for the registration trailer and hopefully still make the first run. I noticed the schedule only shows 2 runs for Stock. See y'all later!