CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   Nostalgia Stock and Super Stock (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   Help! Need Pics of 68 US Nationals - 68 RAII Firebird (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=43798)

bulletpruf 10-13-2012 08:32 PM

Help! Need Pics of 68 US Nationals - 68 RAII Firebird

Fellas -

I know it's a bit of a long shot, but looking for pics of a 68 Ram Air II Firebird raced at the US Nationals in 1968. It was 4 sp car, likely red at the time, but could have been black. Raced by the Frame Brothers, sponsored by Wells Pontiac in Richmond, Indiana.

Might have also been raced at Columbus OH in 1968.

Here's what I have from the US Nats:

Entry: Frame Bros Pontiac
Driver: Dick Frame, Richmond IN
Car: 68 Pontiac

Also looking for contact info for Truman Fields (also has a 68 RAII 'bird racer) and Mike McKinney (also from Richmond, IN, had a RAII racer, too).

Thanks in advance for any info!

Scott

Todd Hoven 10-13-2012 10:05 PM

Re: Help! Need Pics of 68 US Nationals - 68 RAII Firebird

removed

Hemi Moose 10-16-2012 04:31 PM

There was a thread about Truman Fields last week look for his engine builder, and I think Bob Rice or Frito has an old photo of the Firebird that you're looking for.

michael mercer 10-17-2012 05:13 PM

I have some black and whites I shot at Indy 68. I had just spent a year in the Gulf of Tonkin and was on my way to Little Creek, Va. Nice way to spend part of my leave. I will try to dig them up this week.

Frito 10-17-2012 08:12 PM

bulletprof,

I just spoke with Mike McKinney and he remembers the car. As a matter of fact he is is good friends with the Frames. PM me your name and a phone number and he will call you.

Frito

bulletpruf 10-17-2012 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michael mercer (Post 352403)
I have some black and whites I shot at Indy 68. I had just spent a year in the Gulf of Tonkin and was on my way to Little Creek, Va. Nice way to spend part of my leave. I will try to dig them up this week.

Michael -

That would be much appreciated! Thanks for your service. I'm active duty Army, myself.

Scott

bulletpruf 10-17-2012 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frito (Post 352430)
bulletprof,

I just spoke with Mike McKinney and he remembers the car. As a matter of fact he is is good friends with the Frames. PM me your name and a phone number and he will call you.

Frito

Frito -

I got Mike's # from another member here, but thanks for the offer. Supposed to speak with him later this evening.

Do you have any pictures of the Firebird or know who does?

Also, if you're from the area, let me know if you remember a dark green (Peppergreen) 1970 RAIV GTO, M21, 4.33. That's my car; it was sold new at Wells Pontiac and I bought it in Richmond about 5 years ago. Still trying to nail down some of the early owner history.

Thanks,

Scott

bulletpruf 10-17-2012 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hemi Moose (Post 352227)
There was a thread about Truman Fields last week look for his engine builder, and I think Bob Rice or Frito has an old photo of the Firebird that you're looking for.

Do you have contact info or a screen name for Bob Rice?

Thanks

Scott

Hemi Moose 10-17-2012 11:33 PM

Scott,
Bob Rice is on here under his user name and probably has a lot of older GM race car photos, just as him...as for that other thread that was mentioned from last week, here ya go...

http://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=43009

Run to Rund 10-18-2012 10:05 AM

Two more possibilities: find on ebay, etc. copies of National Dragster; also video CDs of the race may be on ebay.