CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   .90 Heads Up Class Racing Tech (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Super gas hood rule (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=68902)

Rory Christianson 02-04-2018 11:02 PM

Super gas hood rule

Hi
Just working on a super gas car which is getting a enderle stack injection so stacks will be sticking through the hood.
Car will have a hood just no scoop over the stacks is that fine in super gas ?
Or is there a rule stating otherwise ?
Thanks

FireSale 02-05-2018 01:50 AM

Re: Super gas hood rule

Check with a tech. There is a reference to an 11 inch rule for hood scoops on SS and SG, but no stated exemption for stack injecters. If a carb has to be covered then injectors might also.

Tom Goldman 02-05-2018 09:50 AM

Only carbs sticking thru the hood need a flash shield to prevent fuel from siphoning out .
Stack fuel injection is ok without a scoop or flash shield ,as there is no fuel bowl or vent for fuel to siphon out of .
I would defiantly run screens in the stacks . hard enough to keep debris out of a carb let alone 8 stacks !

Keith 944 02-05-2018 11:29 AM

There is a 55 Chevy that runs stacks in s/g saw him at Maple grove I believe. X2 with the screen!

Rory Christianson 02-05-2018 10:56 PM

Thanks guys appreciate the info
Yes I was going to run some kind of screens
Next
Any thoughts of pros and cons to making one competitive ?

Thanks again

Tom Goldman 02-06-2018 12:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rory Christianson (Post 555264)
Thanks guys appreciate the info
Yes I was going to run some kind of screens
Next
Any thoughts of pros and cons to making one competitive ?

Thanks again

the down side of mechanical injection is that for it to make it work consistently on a throttle stop usually requires closing down to Idle.
Some racers have had some success using a part throttle bypass off the barrel valve [similar to what a Sprint car or old Modified Stock car would have used ]. by using a controlled bypass on the barrel valve I've known a few racers who successfully got the injection to cruise on the stop at around 4000 rpm. But most guys opt for going to idle as it yields much higher MPH .
Kinsler used to offer a nice slip in domed screen that had a formed ring that secured in the stack tube. ...not sure if they still have them.

Rory Christianson 02-06-2018 09:35 AM

Thanks
I will look into both and see what I can figure out with it.
Wanted to run it for the nostalgia look which I like, but if it had to many disadvantages in a .90 class car I didn't want to be fighting myself against consistency either.
Thanks again

Lenny5160 02-06-2018 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rory Christianson (Post 555289)
Thanks
I will look into both and see what I can figure out with it.
Wanted to run it for the nostalgia look which I like, but if it had to many disadvantages in a .90 class car I didn't want to be fighting myself against consistency either.
Thanks again

If you have it, try it. Launch and go back to idle as quickly as possible. Only have enough time WOT to get a good reaction time.

My S/C car has Ron's Terminator mechanical injection, and I think it repeats very well.