CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   TNT Hot Rod Super Series (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   TNT Super Series to pay $5000 to win at Empire this August! (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=61516)

Ted Barnes 03-07-2016 11:23 PM

TNT Super Series to pay $5000 to win at Empire this August!

1 Attachment(s)
TNT Super Series to pay $5000 to win at Empire this August!

Record payout is GUARANTEED with NO MINIMUM CAR COUNT!

In an effort to do something memorable for its tenth season and to give sportsman racers a bigger weekend at Empire Dragway, the Joe’s Transmission TNT Super Series is holding the $5000 Bonanza on the Friday evening before the IHRA Summit Pro-Am Tour at the Western New York race track. Total purse is over $8000 in cash and prizes.

Series promoter Ted Barnes elaborated, "When Joe Boniferro came to me with the idea I thought it was great. It gives racers even more of a reason to come to Empire for the Pro-Am."

There will be no minimum car count to guarantee the $5000 for the winner and racers don’t have to pay a series registration fee... even though the event is a round of the Joe’s Transmission TNT Super Series. Open-bodied, left-hand steer cars are allowed and there is no minimum weight requirement... with all other rules as per Hot Rod in IHRA rulebook. "Super Rod cars are WELCOME!"

He went on, "Everyone will get two qualifying runs with the field qualified based on closest to the index. TNTSS qualifying points will be awarded as normal as the event is part of the 2016 points championship. Cars will be paired randomly for the first and second rounds."

There will be buybacks for first round losers costing $75 who will go immediately into round two but will race each other. Buybacks will not earn championship points after a first round loss. The field will then be laddered for round three based on their original qualifying position, where lane choice goes to the better qualifier. Standard TNTSS specialty awards and contingency postings paid as usual.

Joe Boniferro, proprietor of Joe’s Transmission explained how the idea came about, "I have been a long-time supporter of the series and they are a great bunch of guys who can compete with anyone in North America. This race allows them to compete for some decent money when the players in Hot Rod are in town for the IHRA Summit Pro-Am Tour. I have to thank Roy and Tara Lister for stepping up as presenting sponsors. I am sure the Tour regulars will be surprised how good our guys are! I am looking forward to a huge turnout and some of the best index racing on the planet."

The event is made possible with support from Boniferro Speed & Custom, The Balancing Act, Dilts Piston & Hydraulics, HeadsUpRacer.com, Scott Jahren Paint and Louie's Car Clinic along with Hoosier Tire Canada, J&S Collision, DRE Engine Diapers, Crane Cams, Permatex and VP Racing Fuels.

More information on the event can be found on the Joe’s Transmission TNT Super Series website at www.tntsuperseries.com and on Facebook at www.facebook.com/TNTSuperSeries