CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   Stock and Super Stock (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   "Live From" Numidia Dragway (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=76303)

Ken Miele 05-22-2020 01:37 PM

"Live From" Numidia Dragway

9 Attachment(s)
Okay folks, I know this is not a national or a division race or even an open, but Numdia is open and I'm thrilled to be back at the track. I did not bring my car, I came to visit friends and watch some racing. I'm here with the Fletcher's and Biondo's. There testing their Stockers, its kind of cool, both sons are driving the Stockers. Timothy is in Dan's 69 Camaro and Dylan is in Sal's Firebird. I saw three Stockers here, Jeanne Linke was the other Stocker. They are also racing bracket cars.

I know some may not like this, but a race car is a race car and I'm just happy to be here. It is a shame that they canceled the division race here in June. I can't see why they did, as today's test went well with no issues, There is over a 100 rigs here, if the weather was better, there would have been a lot more.

I will have more later....

Today is a test and tune, and before the rains hit we were racing until about 1:00. It looks like we will be done for the day as the rain is steady now. Below is the schedule if anyone is interested in coming.

May 23

$10k Super Pro and $3k Pro + Jr. Dragsters
Gates open 8am
Jr. Dragster Times Runs start 10:00 AM
Eliminations to Follow
Super Pro/Pro Time Runs Start at Noon
Eliminations to Follow

May 24

$5k Super Pro and $3k Pro + Jr. Dragsters
Gates open 8am
Jr. Dragster Times Runs start 9:00 AM
Eliminations to Follow
New Entry Time run at 10:30 Am
Super Pro/Pro 1 Time Run at 11AM
Eliminations to Follow

Ken Miele 05-22-2020 10:24 PM

Re: "Live From" Numidia Dragway

6 Attachment(s)
A few more shots of the local bracket racers. I would have to say the day went pretty good, even though the rains came. Everyone was practicing social distancing and following the new rules to stay safe.

Special thanks to the Dimino family..... Its nice to have a safe place to race and enjoy the sport we all love in these tough times.

gmonde 05-22-2020 10:47 PM

yeah!!!!!!! any video or streaming !!!

Ken Miele 05-23-2020 01:16 PM

9 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by gmonde (Post 615195)
yeah!!!!!!! any video or streaming !!!

I will do my best.

The weather has cleared, and testing will continue today around 2. They were supposed to have the 10k and 3k today, but with so many cars, testing only today. The 10k and 3k will be tomorrow, and 5k and 3k Monday. The weather looks great so come on down if you are on the fence.

I few more shots from yesterday and today.

340Cuda 05-23-2020 01:26 PM

Thanks, I wish more folks did the "speed" shots.

Ken Miele 05-23-2020 09:31 PM

9 Attachment(s)
Another day of testing, but it felt like a division race. We had over 290 cars testing today. Tomorrow starts the first of the 2 big dollar races. I did find some Super Stock and Stockers, but mostly bracket cars are here. It was still pretty cool to see so many cars.

Ken Miele 05-23-2020 09:33 PM

9 Attachment(s)
Next batch...

Bob Don 05-23-2020 09:50 PM

Yo Ken - Thanks for the pics!

Mike Jones 05-24-2020 05:46 AM

Love Kyle`s Dart

SSGN 05-24-2020 07:32 AM

Ken
Thanks for taking the time to put this out there. Best reporting I have seen in a long time.
Wink