CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   .90 Heads Up Class Racing (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Division 2 Super Street National Event (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=80570)

NHRA1926 10-10-2021 01:31 PM

Division 2 Super Street National Event

Any ideas on where NHRA will be holding Super Street National Event in division 2 in 2022? Now that Atlanta is done, which National Event do you think they will have this class compete at? I sure would love to see it held at Bristol!

BKSG1198 10-12-2021 10:05 AM

Re: Division 2 Super Street National Event

I would think Gainesville probably, I think Charlotte would get too many D1 cars filling it up and make the D2 guys mad if they couldn't get a spot. Bristol could be a choice also but, that race is normally a 3-day event and packed with alot of classes and we know how NHRA is on a time constraint now with live TV.

Keith 944 10-12-2021 11:54 AM

Personally, I think being super street only gets one national per division it should be in the middle of the division. not up at Epping or down at Gainesville. put the event in the middle of the division!

jmcarter 10-12-2021 03:20 PM

Understand what Keith is saying but would bet it will be Gainesville again. S/ST folks better go get some grade points while they can because it will fill fast.

jkblade 10-16-2021 05:43 PM

I'd like to see it moved around to the different national events within the division to allow access for guys that can't travel far for whatever reason. Some events would be close and you could save some travel money and time and others you'd have to put a little more into it.

Charlie Yannetti 10-17-2021 11:43 AM

Since NHRA has already placed quotas on all classes to limit car counts, why not include S/ST at ALL National Events, and dump Top Fuel Harley, and any other circus side show they come up with??.. OH WAIT!!.. S/ST racers are actually Sportsman Racers.. HMMMMMMMMM...

doglover44 10-17-2021 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charlie Yannetti (Post 650171)
Since NHRA has already placed quotas on all classes to limit car counts, why not include S/ST at ALL National Events, and dump Top Fuel Harley, and any other circus side show they come up with??.. OH WAIT!!.. S/ST racers are actually Sportsman Racers.. HMMMMMMMMM...

I would love to see Super Street at all national events and be a world championship just like the other sportsman classes !

Dewdlebug 11-08-2021 08:28 PM

Something to consider.
A lot of the tracks don't have the pit space or physical room to handle a large car count. So the detail run schedule gets jacked around so that they're running R1's on Thursday or Friday. I personally would prefer to let the grade point system work as intended and lower the quotas so that the 3 day event schedule becomes the norm at most Nat races w/ Qual runs on Fri and elims on Sat & Sun.

That being said, Gainesville gets my vote. It has the space and it's always nice being able to tie a div and a Nat on back to back weekends.

BKSG1198 11-18-2021 01:05 PM

Looks like Charlotte 1 and Epping for the Super Street Nationals