CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   Stock and Super Stock Tech (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   3rd Gen Camaro wheelie bars (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=79583)

Tadshy 06-19-2021 11:35 AM

3rd Gen Camaro wheelie bars

Does anyone have a suggestion on wheelie bars. I Have an 83 Camaro Super Stocker that I run in GT/MA. The right side wheelie bar recently got bent and I need to replace them. Not sure if I should just get another set like I have which are the older style with the flat bottom bar and the spring loaded upper bar. Just wondering if someone is using a different style that would work better.
Thanks.

jimmyparker 06-19-2021 06:13 PM

Re: 3rd Gen Camaro wheelie bars

Search S&W Race Cars for F-body wheelie bars.

SSDiv6 06-19-2021 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tadshy (Post 642292)
Does anyone have a suggestion on wheelie bars. I Have an 83 Camaro Super Stocker that I run in GT/MA. The right side wheelie bar recently got bent and I need to replace them. Not sure if I should just get another set like I have which are the older style with the flat bottom bar and the spring loaded upper bar. Just wondering if someone is using a different style that would work better.
Thanks.

Get away from the flat leaf style wheelie bar and like Jimmy Parker stated, look at the bards sold by S&W with the NHRA Stock Eliminator legal length and attachment points.

ss3011 06-20-2021 12:29 PM

My 91 Formula has wheelie bars from PK Race Cars . They work well , all round tube , top bar sprung , and are built to easily use a floor jack under the rearend . I recommend them .

Tadshy 06-20-2021 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ss3011 (Post 642332)
My 91 Formula has wheelie bars from PK Race Cars . They work well , all round tube , top bar sprung , and are built to easily use a floor jack under the rearend . I recommend them .

Thanks, Do you have a website or phone number for them? I looked but couldn't find anything.

ss3011 06-20-2021 07:00 PM

I guess the real name of the business is PK Race N Rods , they are in Millersport , OH the phone number off the web is 740-407-6848 . Hope that helps , they are well know and race Super Stock in Div 3 .

Tom Goldman 06-21-2021 04:17 PM

The S&W bars are a good choice , they fit with no issues.
Ken Keir's mono bar is also good if you have a larger budget .

Adger Smith 06-23-2021 10:10 AM

If you can balance your car it might run quicker without them.
My gen 3 is about a nickel quicker without them.
It is the unsprung weight that my set up doesn't like.
I found it when I put my spare 6.50 third member in..
I took out an aluminum and installed an iron (same spool and gear ratio) Strange third member. Found that same nickel that shows up when I just mount the wheelie bars.. Ride along, no use...but if you need them there are a lot of ways to use them.

Tadshy 06-26-2021 02:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ss3011 (Post 642354)
I guess the real name of the business is PK Race N Rods , they are in Millersport , OH the phone number off the web is 740-407-6848 . Hope that helps , they are well know and race Super Stock in Div 3 .

Thanks for the info.