CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   Class Racer Builds (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   Dumbo The Flying Elephant (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=72394)

Larry Hill 04-10-2019 07:27 AM

Re: Dumbo The Flying Elephant

We took three days off to drive 1600 miles and see some old friends, do a little work, and learn about the gen III hemi. Now it's back to work.

Larry Hill 04-11-2019 05:40 PM

Got some much needed interior parts at the semi local bone yard. It was only a 125 mile round trip. Ah the perks of living in the country

A friend of mine went to the Holley school for FI and now he thinks the Holley stuff could, in a pinch, run the space station. I'm going to need a catch-can for my brain.

Larry Hill 04-14-2019 09:09 AM

Playing with the heads on the flow bench today if I can get all the tooling to work..

Dan where do you index the plugs on a Hemi?

Larry Hill 04-17-2019 08:10 AM

Only had to make a few parts to get heads on the flow bench. I dont know how good they will run but the new castings are pretty consistent port to port. I did pick up some flow on the exhaust side. I got the header flange to match the port better.

Larry Hill 04-17-2019 09:16 PM

Tomorrow I will be playing with alcohol. I will check all the runners and chamber volumes for correct cc. Now is the time to get it right. That way in tear down I can be fearless because it will comply with the rules. Everyone knows that almost right is still wrong. Not to be confused with "The Daily Ledger".

Dyno 04-17-2019 09:50 PM

Larry, where can we get a good set of headers? Picked up 23 HP today and never fired the car up yet! What you going to use for spark plugs?

Larry Hill 04-18-2019 07:49 AM

I have that info in shop, I will text to you. I have set of Kooks SS and MR2 headers, I will keep the best one and sell the other one.

I know the feeling 392 @ 400 from MoPar, NHRA adjustment before first run 392 / 400 now 392 @ 430

Is it an over kill to have Kirke racing seats with a "Rich Corinthian Leather" seat cover? Just asking!

Kirk Morgan 04-18-2019 07:06 PM

Not if you are Ricardo Montalban.

Larry Hill 04-19-2019 08:04 AM

Pored alcohol all day and only lost 1/2 a qt. The heads are legal right out of the box. The runners are good and the chamber is big 5 to 6 cc. I will run it that way and then recheck before we make an adjustment.

Does anyone how much to cut to reduce chamber size by 1 cc?

Thanks

pmrphil 04-19-2019 08:36 AM

Normally, .006 per cc is fairly close.