CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   Class Racer Builds (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   Dumbo The Flying Elephant (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=72394)

Larry Hill 01-30-2024 08:51 PM

Re: Dumbo The Flying Elephant

Sometimes you stumble upon a deal. Case in point is the PRI show a few years ago. Pac had a show special on the spring height micrometers I bought all four they had and today I used the real small ones and they are very accurate. It was a case of nothing else would work besides snap gages. And I hate snap gages. Thank you PA C

Larry Hill 01-31-2024 09:49 AM

I have to make an adapter to keep the mic centered on the valve stem. Plus I have the added fun of checking with top locks, standard locks, -.050 locks, and +.050 locks to get the best setup for the head. Man I love this game!! It’s all worth it when the light come on in our lane in a heads -up race, and when it doesn’t I have a new roadmap to follow and guide me.

Larry Hill 02-01-2024 09:00 PM

I finally got the stuff made and was able to figure installed height. The kool part is I was instructed to get several different sets of valve locks. The standard, the +.050, the -.050, and the top lock. It moves the installed height around and with the help of shims I will be able to get to my coil bind target number on each spring. I’m hoping to get to size to plus .005” on installation height.

A tip of the Hat to all of the cylinder head folks, it’s not easy just to get the installed height correct, past Tech, and run hard all the way to the Finnish line. The real good cylinder head people are a bargain.

Larry Hill 02-04-2024 08:53 AM

I’m getting to use my Christmas present from Patsy. It’s a plastic tray from Summit that holds all of the valve train parts in each cylinder’s location.

Billy Nees 02-04-2024 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Larry Hill (Post 692484)
The real good head people are a bargain.

Larry, you are talking CYLINDER head people right?

Larry Hill 02-05-2024 07:55 PM

Thanks Billy. I think a little quicker than I type. I will change it.

Larry Hill 02-15-2024 11:30 AM

Once I got the heads mocked up now waiting on parts. We had to withdraw from Florida.

doglover44 02-28-2024 03:54 PM

Hope Dumbo is coming along well

Larry Hill 03-02-2024 12:31 PM

We have been working on some secret squirrel stuff. More latter but not to much.

Larry Hill 04-14-2024 08:39 AM

Not much advancement on the secret squirrel stuff but today I get back in the saddle. I’m not sure how life got in the way so much but it did. I did have Bob Toy fix an electrical gremlin that almost bit us last year. So now I have to double up and catch up. Indy is just around the corner.