CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   Class Racer Builds (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   Dumbo The Flying Elephant (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=72394)

Larry Hill 08-16-2021 08:00 PM

Re: Dumbo The Flying Elephant

525 miles later the 440 block is honed. This is the block that needs the new pistons and rings, but don’t have either one. As Jeff said it’s going to be plenty loose. I hope it gets me in at Indy. We should get a feel for performance at the BG Pts race.

pmrphil 08-20-2021 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Larry Hill (Post 645364)
We changed rod bearings last time to a different brand and it has seem to greatly reduce the micro welding of the shell to the bore of the rod.

Purchased a Harbor Freight 1/2 ton engine stand what a disappointment. Instead of the engine with a nose up angle it’s a prominent nose down position. Not a good product. I know, I know, what did I expect!

Hey Larry - curious as to what brand you went from and to - care to elaborate?
Thanks, Phil

Larry Hill 08-21-2021 09:32 AM

Cleveite 77 to King.

Larry Hill 09-02-2021 02:02 PM

A/SA class is over and Steve won again, congratulations to Steve Wann. The good news for me is that our car is a little closer in performance than in years past. Going to Jeff Taylor’s shop to get some stuff worked on was for me a good decision. Thanks Taylor and Jeff

After Indy we will drain the brake in oil out and put some racing oil in.

Then back to Dumbo

doglover44 09-02-2021 09:39 PM

When will Dumbo be back at the track ?

Larry Hill 09-03-2021 05:17 AM

Dumbo will be back after everything is checked, documented, and improved. We are still trying to catch the yellow car and it’s BAD fast. I need a lot of help in gaining confidence in my ability to tune the car for different track and weather conditions.

Larry Hill 10-11-2021 06:56 PM

Well tomorrow is when the little elephant is front and center in the shop.
The pink car has its last race in BG this weekend.

All year we have been buying parts for Dumbo, cross your fingers.

Fathead50 10-12-2021 05:11 PM

Hey Larry were you in Indy at the last NMCA event. I didn't get to cruise the pits that weekend. Also did you get the new gauges in the Cuda? it's Scott by the way lol!

Larry Hill 10-14-2021 07:15 AM

We were at St Louis. Gages are great! John and the rest of the Classic team do great work!

Fathead50 10-14-2021 08:17 AM

when you get time can you send some pictures of the gauges in the dash .If you are able to get some close up and back to were you see the dash it would be great. Are you done racing for the season??