CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   Stock and Super Stock Tech (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Best fuel for Stock (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=75804)

Rose Racing 03-25-2020 08:39 PM

Best fuel for Stock

Im bored your bored everybodys bored soo lets discuss fuel.....What fuel do you prefer and why? Sunoco 110, Sunoco 260 GTX,VP C11, Rocket? Has anybody tried Sunoco Surge? Better product,more consistency or easier getting you through fuel check or just faster? Lets hear it!!! Also second question what product do you recommend using to clean out your stock fuel tank getting ready for Stocker use? Thanks

FireSale 03-26-2020 01:29 AM

Re: Best fuel for Stock

Depends on compression ratio. There are two. Static, which is just the volume of the cylinder and chamber and dynamic, which takes into consideration the valve events while the motor is running. Static never changes and dynamic runs all over the place with different cams based on when the intake valve closes. Pump gas has a lot of junk in it, especially ethanol. You'd probably be burning cash above Sonoco Standard 110 leaded.

Edit: I have two home tracks. Pacific Raceways has Sonoco on pump. Bremerton will be selling Renegade 110 and 112 by the barrel this year. It's located at a municipal airport and some guys hit up on AVgas. Not recommended...

Alan Nyhus 03-26-2020 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FireSale (Post 610814)
You'd probably be burning cash above Sonoco Standard 110 leaded.

How did you determine this? -Al

Billy Nees 03-26-2020 10:22 AM

[QUOTE=Rose Racing;610797] What fuel do you prefer and why? Sunoco 110, Sunoco 260 GTX,VP C11, Rocket? Has anybody tried Sunoco Surge?[QUOTE]

I just use Blue Sunoco in everything. It's readily available, it (almost) always checks and it's (somewhat) reasonably priced.
I would love to use Sunoco Surge as I have heard good things about it from some buds who have used it but I don't think it's on the approved list.

Rose Racing 03-26-2020 11:35 AM

[QUOTE=Billy Nees;610827][QUOTE=Rose Racing;610797] What fuel do you prefer and why? Sunoco 110, Sunoco 260 GTX,VP C11, Rocket? Has anybody tried Sunoco Surge?
Quote:

I just use Blue Sunoco in everything. It's readily available, it (almost) always checks and it's (somewhat) reasonably priced.
I would love to use Sunoco Surge as I have heard good things about it from some buds who have used it but I don't think it's on the approved list.
What have you heard about Surge? and according to classracer info it is?
Sunoco 260 GTX Green 1.47
Maximal Light Red -0.85
MaxNOS Yellow 0.08
SR18 Yellow -1.10
Standard Light Purple -0.20
Supreme Light Blue -0.70
Surge Light Yellow -0.45

Mark Yacavone 03-26-2020 11:35 AM

I'll take the second part..
Throw the stock tank away and get a fuel cell, even if you have to buy a used one on Ebay..Much easier to keep clean and to change fuels.

SDT1DYI 03-26-2020 12:37 PM

Well I believe there's no one answer to your question asking " what's the best fuel and why". Depends on a large amount of variables specific to each engine, Carburator ( 2 barrel or 4 barrel) compression, timing, manifold heat etc.
Most find a fuel that's available , spend time at TNTs to get a tune up, jet size, timing etc that works for that specific fuel weight and vapor rate. Then they stay with it.
At one TNT session in my low compression motor and low RPM, I ran 92 Octane pump gas. It was faster. High octane generally slows the burn rate. My motor does not like slow burn rates, nor does it like
fuels with higher temperatures required for vaporization.
I would recommend , read the technical specification of each fuel carefully. There are differences.

Steve Teeter STK 6283/6380

Jim Caughlin 03-26-2020 12:52 PM

Although there might be some general recommendations based on the combination, welcome to the world of Stock and SS: testing, testing, testing. You can't just read an article and/or go by what someone tells you. You want to go fast, better get on the dyno and make a bunch of test&tune runs.

Dan Fahey 03-26-2020 01:20 PM

Fuel Cells for Fuel Injected Engines.

Can a Stock Sending Unit to be bolted in it.
Or is an aftermarket fuel pump desired.

Rose Racing 03-26-2020 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan Fahey (Post 610848)
Fuel Cells for Fuel Injected Engines.

Can a Stock Sending Unit to be bolted in it.
Or is an aftermarket fuel pump desired.

I was gonna use an edelbrock 110 mechanical pump