CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   Stock and Super Stock Tech (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Race prepared quadrajet (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=75767)

jmoneyfoot 03-22-2020 12:01 PM

Race prepared quadrajet

I'm just looking for some input on who builds a good stocker quadrajet and what can I expect to pay to have one done. Thanks

Hacksaw 03-22-2020 12:20 PM

Re: Race prepared quadrajet

Dean Oliver, Arkansas. He will build one from your good supplied core or he may have one. Deano's 1-870-830-5470

nhramnl 03-22-2020 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hacksaw (Post 610491)
Dean Oliver, Arkansas. He will build one from your good supplied core or he may have one. Deano's 1-870-830-5470

I wholeheartedly support this recommendation; Dean is an old-fashioned, honest, give-you your-money's-worth kind of guy, who builds carbs that will stand up against anybody's "Trick of the Week" stuff. And then he supports his customers. I don't honestly think I've ever heard a complaint.

jmoneyfoot 03-22-2020 06:23 PM

What's a rough cost to have one done?

Mike Pearson 03-23-2020 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmoneyfoot (Post 610524)
What's a rough cost to have one done?

I bought one from Jim Boburka about a year ago. He is with out a doubt as good with Q jets as anyone. I gave $800 for the carb. Lots are running the Deano stuff. I don't have any idea what he might charge but I would guess between $800 - $1200 for a good carb. Money well spent as these are typically bolt on and race with maybe minor metering adjustment to fine tune.

Dan Johnson 03-24-2020 10:54 PM

Dean just finished a stocker motor quadrajet for me and the price was well under $800.00 . Took around 4 months but I was in no hurry as we don't race in the winter here in South Dakota. True gentleman, he'll be my carb guy.

nhramnl 03-25-2020 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan Johnson (Post 610715)
Dean just finished a stocker motor quadrajet for me and the price was well under $800.00 . Took around 4 months but I was in no hurry as we don't race in the winter here in South Dakota. True gentleman, he'll be my carb guy.

My experience has been if you don't like Dean or the work he produces, there's probably something wrong with you. An increasingly rare example of someone who allows you to actually enjoy the purchase, installation and use process. With Dean, you NEVER feel taken advantage of.

427FE 09-15-2021 09:40 AM

Is DeanO carbs still around? A friend left a message and i emailed them with no response. Maybe super busy?

Tim Barrett 09-20-2021 07:18 PM

My choice is Leon Miranian,,I have 3 of his carbs, the one on my 255hp 350 G/SA Camaro works great. I haven't been able to get my DeanO carb to leave like Leon's does,,yet.

Joe Schweigert 09-25-2021 10:40 AM

Dean Oliver's are the best you will not regret going with his , Several years ago I was on the Dyno a friend wanted to compare his Boburka carb vs my Deano and the Oliver carb was measurably better all around !