CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   Stock and Super Stock Tech (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Alf Weibe contact (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=75732)

anoldsman 03-15-2020 09:40 PM

Alf Weibe contact

I’d like to purchase a bolt in Stock Eliminator legal rear suspension for a 1970 Oldsmobile. Can someone please give me Alf Weibe’s contact information?

Dave Jung 03-19-2020 12:20 PM

Re: Alf Weibe contact

I spoke with Alf and your in luck. He said he has 1 kit left. Check PM for contact info.

Dave

anoldsman 03-19-2020 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Jung (Post 610334)
I spoke with Alf and your in luck. He said he has 1 kit left. Check PM for contact info.

Dave

Thank you very much Dave. I just sent Alf an email. Fingers crossed that he hasn't sold it yet.

Dave Jung 03-19-2020 06:34 PM

No problem. Now when are we gonna be able to race again? That I don't know. Stay safe and healthy.

Dave

Mike Taylor 3601 03-20-2020 11:27 AM

Is Alf in witness protection program? about year ago I was going to try to get a suspension setup and I could'nt find any contact info...
Has he quit making his suspension?

Don Turk 03-21-2020 12:05 PM

Is there any reference material in regards to set up and tuning of this suspension. Just curious as I am running and tuning the suspension now.
Thanks
Don

anoldsman 03-21-2020 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Taylor 3601 (Post 610386)
Is Alf in witness protection program? about year ago I was going to try to get a suspension setup and I could'nt find any contact info...
Has he quit making his suspension?

I’m sorry to say that yes, he is retired and is not making the parts anymore. I sent him payment for his last set.

anoldsman 03-21-2020 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Don Turk (Post 610442)
Is there any reference material in regards to set up and tuning of this suspension. Just curious as I am running and tuning the suspension now.
Thanks
Don

Alf told me that he will send detailed instructions and shock recommendations. If Alf is ok with me sharing this information, I’ll send you what I can.

Mike Taylor 3601 03-24-2020 03:59 PM

If he is not going to make anymore would he have problem with someone copying his ideal...not to go in business, but for my own car..
when I was trying to reach him I thought I would make my own, but I couldn't even find any pictures of his suspension.. I know basics of what it looked like but not detailed..
I don't even know that he did G-body setup?

anoldsman 03-24-2020 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Taylor 3601 (Post 610687)
If he is not going to make anymore would he have problem with someone copying his ideal...not to go in business, but for my own car..
when I was trying to reach him I thought I would make my own, but I couldn't even find any pictures of his suspension.. I know basics of what it looked like but not detailed..
I don't even know that he did G-body setup?

I'll let someone that knows Alf answer this question. From what I found while resarching these, he kept the suspension "close to the vest". I certainly don't want to take anything away from all of Alf's hard work and investment.