CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   All Star Racing Association (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Saturday 29th ASRA postponed due to Laura (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=77168)

Marc LaBrecque 08-27-2020 08:43 PM

Saturday 29th ASRA postponed due to Laura

Saturday's ASRA make up of race #1 will be postponed till Sunday Aug 30th . this race is locked and will continue with one rerun to complete rnd #1 LaBelle vs Boucher and go into 2nd round . Drivers will have one time shot . Race #5 and the shootout are TBD at this point the BOD hopes to have new dates for these races ASAP ! Thanks for your patience.

The ASRA BOD

Bobby Broadbent
TJ Boucher
Billy Pomponi
Eric Merryfield
Gene Moynahan
Marc LaBrecque

B Parker 08-27-2020 09:36 PM

Re: Saturday 29th ASRA postponed due to Laura

Thanks Mark, Not an easy decision but the right one. Barry

T. Boucher 08-27-2020 10:14 PM

1 Attachment(s)
For the race #1 Make-Up that is now scheduled for this Sunday, August 30th, here is a crude attempt at sharing the ladder for 2nd round pairings.

Please remember, drivers need to return in the same vehicle and class that they were driving when the race was initially started back in June.

tstickff 08-28-2020 03:23 PM

I applaud the efforts of the BOD, I know there’s no easy decisions. But I also think it’s more beneficial to the members and the organization to hold a complete new race, we will attract close to 50 plus cars, it helps the track they get more entry fees, plus the membership gets another race in. I say screw the shootout and just decide that money to the top 16 in points currently. We have all had races that we wanted to attend cancel this year, let everyone have one more good all star race! We can handle the make up race another time. I’ve been thrashing all week and was really looking forward to this race. Just my two cents.

Billy Harper 08-29-2020 08:15 AM

I have to agree with Tim have a open race you will get more cars have the make up race and shoot out another day

T. Boucher 08-29-2020 10:04 AM

Thanks Tim and Billy for sharing your thoughts. Unfortunately due to schedule constraints with the tracks and upcoming division 1 races, the BOD all agreed that we needed to prioritize the completion of an event that the racers and track were already invested in (multiple reasons for this). We are working to schedule the remaining race and appreciate the patience of the racers as we work on locking in a date.

tstickff 08-29-2020 11:05 AM

I understand, thank you for the reply Tj