CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   Stock and Super Stock Tech (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   C-11 (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=76878)

Ryan Horensky 07-30-2020 01:53 PM

C-11

Has anyone had any issues with C-11 passing fuel check? I buy in sealed 5-gallon containers. Fuel passed fine at the Lebanon Valley Divisional. During the Columbus Divisional, fuel checked fine during qualifying. I had my fuel checked after 4th round of eliminations and I was told it checked good, but it's close to going on the bad side. When I asked what he meant, I was told the fuel is borderline dead. I then took the container to fuel check the next morning and was told it was no good. I then opened a sealed 5-gallon container at fuel check and had that checked. I was told the fuel out of the new sealed container was worse and did not pass. The date on the sealed container and the already open container was March 2020. I have been told the fuel has a 3 year shelf life in the sealed 5-gallon containers. Not sure how much truth there is to this? After scrambling for fuel, I ended up having to put C-25 in the car for the SportsNats. The C-25 was in a plastic jug out of a 55-Gallon drum. The C-25 passed fine. Not sure if anyone else has had similar issues with C-11?

Mike Taylor 3601 07-30-2020 04:19 PM

Re: C-11

Only time I have had any issues is if I leave fuel in the cel or plastic jug a weekl..I have had C-11 from 3 year old drum pass fine.. unless I leave in cell or plastic jug a week..
I had some test stale at Columbus too...alot of people in line with me were... I went back and put new I had just took from new drum and was good then..

Lee Valentine 07-30-2020 04:25 PM

We had a time when Bryan passed and I failed both filled with the same jug before run.

Jeff Niceswanger 07-30-2020 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ryan Horensky (Post 619777)
Has anyone had any issues with C-11 passing fuel check? I buy in sealed 5-gallon containers. Fuel passed fine at the Lebanon Valley Divisional. During the Columbus Divisional, fuel checked fine during qualifying. I had my fuel checked after 4th round of eliminations and I was told it checked good, but it's close to going on the bad side. When I asked what he meant, I was told the fuel is borderline dead. I then took the container to fuel check the next morning and was told it was no good. I then opened a sealed 5-gallon container at fuel check and had that checked. I was told the fuel out of the new sealed container was worse and did not pass. The date on the sealed container and the already open container was March 2020. I have been told the fuel has a 3 year shelf life in the sealed 5-gallon containers. Not sure how much truth there is to this? After scrambling for fuel, I ended up having to put C-25 in the car for the SportsNats. The C-25 was in a plastic jug out of a 55-Gallon drum. The C-25 passed fine. Not sure if anyone else has had similar issues with C-11?

Yep, last year, identical. VP took back 30 gallon from me and replaced it. I was told by Pete(at fuel check in div 3) that C-11 is a problem in hot muggy weather. I'm switching to 12 . Not worth the hassle

REGGIE WINKLES 07-30-2020 09:04 PM

No issues with C-11 in 15 years. Always use 5 gallon pails.

GTX JOHN 07-30-2020 09:27 PM

We have some borderline at fuel check.....

Always close enough they have warned me to
replace = Not quite bad enough for a hard fail!

Pedigo Perf 07-31-2020 07:30 AM

I was told that bad C-11 was why Darrel Goheen got DQ'd at Topeka during eliminations.
He bought his in Kansas.

Signman 07-31-2020 09:37 AM

Ryan
Race fuels in general don't like being stored in hot locations like leaving it in the trailer week or more between races. Been there.

As stated it does not store at all in plastic jugs. Been there.

Race fuel does not like large changes in temp store in a cool as possible stable temp like a garage. I store it in my shop or garage, sheds can get really hot.

And this one is unavoidable it really does not like being shaken as in when traveling to and from races. Whether sealed or not.
VP themselves told me 5 gallon cans even if sealed are not 100% only drums are reliable. The crush seal around the spout is not the greatest.

5389stk 07-31-2020 01:05 PM

Watch where you buy from. Large distributors buy empty 5 gallon cans and seals and package there own out of underground tanks. You have no idea how old it is. 55 gallon drums are ok.

superdart 07-31-2020 01:36 PM

If there battery is low, it doesn’t read correctly