CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   Factory Stock and Super Stock (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   New Comp Eliminator A/FX Class (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=80798)

SSDiv6 11-05-2021 02:23 PM

New Comp Eliminator A/FX Class

The 2022 NHRA Rule Book amendments shows a new class, A/FX, for next year, for Cobra Jets, COPO Camaro's and Drag Pak's with a lot of creativity and freedom.

FACTORY EXPERIMENTAL
DESIGNATION

A/FX preceded by car number.

Reserved for 2019 and newer Manufactured Automobiles with Factory production engine of the same make. Manufacturer engines and bodies not listed in this section may be submitted for acceptance in Factory Experimental.

Currently Accepted makes/models:

Chevrolet (Camaro – COPO) – minimum weight 2,650 lbs.
Dodge (Challenger – Drag Pak) – minimum weight 2,650 lbs.
Ford (Mustang – Cobra Jet) – minimum weight 2,650 lbs.

All minimum weights listed above include driver.

Andrew Hill 11-05-2021 03:20 PM

Re: New Comp Eliminator A/FX Class

"Aftermarket planetary or clutchless transmission with a maximum of five forward speeds
and reverse permitted. Automatic transmission prohibited."

This class is going to be cool as hell!

BRETV 11-05-2021 04:14 PM

The future Pro Stockers, very cool!!!!

Bret Velde
2003 ??/SA

Carguy49 11-05-2021 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BRETV (Post 651594)
The future Pro Stockers, very cool!!!!
Bret Velde
2003 ??/SA

Just what I was thinking. Let's see who jumps on the bandwagon and just let's her rip. I am excited for this new class.

I didn't look at the rulebook amendments - what is the index??

jmcarter 11-05-2021 05:12 PM

Future Pro Stockers, possibly even replacing FS if enough people make the changeover and take advantage of a bigger tire. If they phase out PS NHRA will probably keep it a “sportsman” class since the purse will no doubt shrink accordingly. Maybe they won’t muck it up with pulley changes for the sake of parity.

Carguy49 11-05-2021 05:36 PM

I did some checking. Looks like it will be an exhibition class at first.

If it becomes a real class, I HOPE NHRA doesn't mess with it and let it stay all 3 brands (Ford, Chevy and Mopar). Otherwise it will be no better than Pro Stock is now, and Factory Stock. Just my 2 cents.....

Pistol Pete 11-06-2021 10:01 AM

I didn’t see where these cars are going to run in Comp Elim.

Or am I missing something ??

Dyno 11-06-2021 02:59 PM

I read the description of the class. It reads very intricate and expensive to build.

Charles Stewart 11-06-2021 07:08 PM

You can see more details and specs for thoses A/FX ,on page 48 to 59 of the Exhibition Rulebook, at the bottom of the rules section, on NHRA RACER.
Good reading...

Superfan1 11-07-2021 11:59 AM

Let's all pray that the NHRA doesn't screw this up like they have done to the Factory Stock Showdown and, to a somewhat lesser degree, Pro Mod. This has the potential to be absolutely great!