CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   Stock and Super Stock Tech (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   All the other seat belts (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=73305)

House of Darts 06-11-2019 10:13 PM

All the other seat belts

Didn't find anything in the book, so are the passenger seat belts optional? At N, I am using the factory belts.

Dave Muller 06-11-2019 10:31 PM

Re: All the other seat belts

As I understand it in N you can run stock belts.

I'm running N myself, but I put in a roll bar and use SFI 16.1 belts anyway. And for me running M may be an option later anyway, in which case those will be mandatory.

GTX JOHN 06-11-2019 11:54 PM

We run N and also have a roll bar and 5 pt harness.
You do not need passenger belt UNLESS you are riding
with a stuffed animal (Seen that before) or an inflatable sex
doll (Had that put in my Demon before)!

Lew Silverman 06-12-2019 12:50 AM

If it makes any sense, yes, OE seat belts are OK from N on down, BUT if you install an SFI-rated harness you must replace it every two years. First thing I did was replace the almost 45-year-old driver's belts in the 'wagon, figuring that my peace-of-mind (and safety!) was worth $35 a year. I don't run a roll-bar yet, so i don't use the shoulder harness. I also just left the other OE belts alone.

kansas stocker 06-12-2019 01:41 AM

In the past old belts were ok if they were not required. Has that changed?

Bob Bender 06-12-2019 07:51 AM

I run expired 3in belt in my car all the time with no problems and nobody complaining

SDT1DYI 06-12-2019 10:08 AM

I was told by our Divisonal Tech director if you run a roll bar in N or lower , one can run a 5 point harness that does not have to have current date tags on it. He as well mentioned some tech people may not t be aware of this.

Steve Teeter STK 6380

Eric Merryfield 06-12-2019 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SDT1DYI (Post 590490)
I was told by our Divisonal Tech director if you run a roll bar in N or lower , one can run a 5 point harness that does not have to have current date tags on it. He as well mentioned some tech people may not t be aware of this.

Steve Teeter STK 6380

Interesting, the gremlin is in T, but has a full moly cage which helps it feel like a badass, I wonder if roll bar versus cage would make a difference. Doubt it, but who knows.

Just ordered some new ones from Pro1 with the american flag logo which will match nicely with the red white and blue of the car, and for July 4th of course.

Eric

Chris1529 06-12-2019 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eric Merryfield (Post 590493)
Interesting, the gremlin is in T, but has a full moly cage which helps it feel like a badass, I wonder if roll bar versus cage would make a difference. Doubt it, but who knows.

Just ordered some new ones from Pro1 with the american flag logo which will match nicely with the red white and blue of the car, and for July 4th of course.

Eric

Does Pro 1 re-certify their belts after the 2 years?

Eric Merryfield 06-12-2019 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris1529 (Post 590495)
Does Pro 1 re-certify their belts after the 2 years?

Yes they will, they said they replace all the webbing with new. Of course you have to ship them back. Its likely a better deal for those that run camlock and other more elaborate belts, I run 5 point 3 inch.

I run them in the Dakota and like them. Now they are going in the Dakota, the gremlin and likely the dragpak. I ordered three sets yesterday, they are shipping today. Got to like that!

Eric