CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   Bracket Racing (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Dragrace Results ? (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=7836)

Frank Straton 11-09-2007 09:39 PM

Dragrace Results ?

Anyone have any idea why Dragrace Results Bracket Talk forum is down? I know this is a class racer site, but I'm glad to see they put a Bracket Racing section in. I know some don't like us, but Bracket racing is a class too.

Sean Ward 11-09-2007 10:45 PM

Re: Dragrace Results ?

Heck were Bracket Racers

Dave Goob Cook 11-10-2007 02:11 PM

Hopefully, DRR will be gone forever.....waste of bandwidth.

A bracket section here now?
Whoo-hoo, we're almost like citizens now...:D

Mitch Perkins 11-10-2007 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frank Straton (Post 46934)
Anyone have any idea why Dragrace Results Bracket Talk forum is down? I know this is a class racer site, but I'm glad to see they put a Bracket Racing section in. I know some don't like us, but Bracket racing is a class too.

Looks like Danny forgot to pay his bill.......AGAIN

Mitch Perkins 11-10-2007 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sean Ward (Post 46942)
Heck were Bracket Racers

If it has a dial in on the window, handicapped start, and a breakout rule. It is bracket racing.
Class elims. and record setting options are the big difference. Having a legal record holding class car is an accomplishment for sure. But in the end ...it's still run Your dial racing.

Mitch Perkins 11-10-2007 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Goob Cook (Post 47008)
Hopefully, DRR will be gone forever.....waste of bandwidth.

His Bracket series is dying quickly Dave. Super low car counts all season.

76 RACER 11-11-2007 03:12 AM

Goob,your right! Must be the Karma from those 8x10 black and white glossys catching up to him. There are alot of good people on DRR and there are some that would make this site as unpleasent as DRR. Just my opinion......

Chip THELEGEND Johnson 11-11-2007 10:57 AM

DRR seems to be having lots of down time lately. I have had some fun over there. In fact it was the first site I ever went on. I hope it comes back.
I love Classracer just as much. Different crowd over here. Some of them hav'nt realized they still use shoepolish on Sunday.LOL
Thanks Classracer for the bracket forum.
Get the word out guys maybe we can have a new place to spend our winter down time.
Chip Johnson

greg fulk 11-11-2007 07:33 PM

I think their's quite a few "class" racers that got their start as "bracket" racers. I have cut WAY back on my bracket racing .....the things that around here (southern oh, eastern ky & western wv) have turned me off to bracket racing are 1) buy backs! (nothing like beating a "hitter" frist round then have to run him again in a money round) 2) lack of a "footbrake" only class. we just have no box class & 3) piss poor payout for anything but S/pro (been to track many times where no box out # s/pro 2 or even 3 to 1 & then still pay the full money to s/pro!) that being said "class" racing is not perfect BUT if I put a guy on the trailer 1st round I don't have to worry about seeing him in the finals! Good luck to all the bracket racers! oh heck i just thought of something....left my shoe polish in the car in the trailer.....that stuff as frozen by now we've had a few nights in the 20! Guess I'll buy new in the spring! ;)

Jim Scott 11-11-2007 11:07 PM

I read on the DRR main board that he is changing servers to eliminate the "down time". He says it will be back up at the begining of this week.

76 RACER 11-11-2007 11:23 PM

Thats good because all the BS on that board can stay there! Seems like everytime that guy cant pay his bills he is changing something! Looks to me like the racers arent the only ones tired of Dannys lame stories.

Guy M. Price 11-15-2007 12:02 AM

If you "guys" don't like me, just tell me to "go home" and I will react as fast as my bowels do when I eat too many pinto beans! I dance the "Mess" well! Just have to set still and let my bowels move! I won my first race 50 years ago at an NHRA "sanctioned event" in 1957 on an old air strip in southeastern Arizona--
no Goob, it wasn't part of Mexico then! This was after the Gadsden purchase!--where we used a flagman!
I still have the trophy with "C Stock" engraved on it! Since then I have raced Super Street and a lot of Bracket races! I prefer bracket racing because, at least where I live and race, you feel at home with all bracket racers but at S/ST races I get the feeling folks are looking down their noses at me as if to be saying: "We don't need no bracket racers here!" or "We are better than you!" Maybe it's just where I have raced Super Street events! Just don't have that feeling that I "fit in" with those who only 10.90 race! I enjoy running those fast dragsters trying to chase me down and with the advent of "Crosstalk" which I had petitioned for before it was ever announced! I have seen a lot of racers come and go and come back and go again! I have lived by the motto that was in the locker room of the old gym where I used to dress out for football (yea, 6-man football) and basketball and baseball when I was in high school! It said: " A winner never quits and quitter never wins!" I ain't no big time winner, but I sure ain't a quitter either! Will gladly stop by and offer my comments if I feel welcome! I am a big DRR fan because of all of the people I have met on there over the years. Those folks are very valuable to me and I would hate to see it go away as at my age you don't like to start things over again! I hope I have enough "class" to be welcomed on "Class Racer"!

LNorton 11-15-2007 01:16 AM

Hrmmm... I own a domain name that would be perfect for a bottom bulb racing forum...

But I dont really feel like dealing with all the BS and $$ it takes to keep up, especially when in college.

Guy M. Price 11-15-2007 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Scott (Post 47178)
I read on the DRR main board that he is changing servers to eliminate the "down time". He says it will be back up at the begining of this week.

IT CAME BACK UP THIS MORNING AROUND 10:15 A.M. (MST)!!!

DemonChick 11-17-2007 12:08 PM

This is great they put this Bracket Racing forum on here, I just noticed it now.

I have been lurking here at Class Racer for years, posting once in a blue blue moon, and enjoy reading what everyone has to say in all the forums. Nice to know we have somewhere else to go.

To bad about DRR, going off line lately, have been going there since the beginning. I will still go there when it's up but will come here more often!

Thanks ClassRacer, for the Bracket forum!! :cool:

Vicki Strell

thumbprint 11-19-2007 03:34 PM

Hope all the new folks enjoy this site, Its a hoot.

Mopower 12-21-2007 03:16 AM

Well it looks like that 10K race that Danny's brother won last month was only good enough to get the site running again for a month. Looks like the wife was the one that kept the bills paid, now Danny is lost since she left his cheating *****.

Gordon Boven (DECON) 12-21-2007 03:39 AM

I see a lot of the people hanging out over here >> http://www.pacific1320.com/forums/index.php

LNorton 12-21-2007 03:54 AM

Maybe it is time to build up a more reliable nation wide bracket racing forum that wont go down all the time...

Dave Goob Cook 12-21-2007 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LNorton (Post 51353)
Maybe it is time to build up a more reliable nation wide bracket racing forum that wont go down all the time...

http://perfectrun.com/ipw-web/bulletin/bb/index.php

No anonymous users, just good clean racing chat, tech info, some jokes, and fun......on the web since 1999........

76 RACER 12-22-2007 01:11 AM

Goob is correct to a point. At one time there were more games played and bogus login names used by Perfectrun members on DRR than Milton-Bradley and Parker Bros. had invented games for sale to the world. I am sure it has changed since the arch rival of PR members has passed on to a higher consiousness of life!!! Goob is/was a moderator on PR and has always done a great job! Its worth the trip to cruise thru their site and say hello. Ya never know when you just might become a CLUB MEMBER....lol

Merry Xmas to Dave and the best damned biscuit and gravy manufactuer on the planet!

Freddie 12-23-2007 07:45 PM

I have been looking on here for a while now and decided to post.. I have raced S/C, Comp Eliminator, and SS over the past 25 years, But I have done far more bracket racing than anything else..

Glad to see a area on here for us Bracket racers..

As for DRR.. I dont know whats going on over there, but it is a shame.. they had a great series going, and I enjoyed running thier events... but I think I am going back to heads up type racing this year..

Dave Goob Cook 12-24-2007 02:09 AM

Hey you ol' son of a biscuit eater, tried to call ya a couple times, let us know you're okay.

Happy Holidays, if you get back home way, the B&G is being served about 10 ish on Christmas morning......:p

Jim Young 12-24-2007 06:14 PM

Looks like one more of us made it over here. Hope you are all enjoying the holiday.

SST1010 12-24-2007 06:26 PM

Hay if the other site keeps droping. you need some place to hide out

bottombulb 12-25-2007 01:31 AM

Merry Christmas Jimbo. Thanks for the card. Tell Toni merry Christmas also, from Rita, Amanda, Q-jet, and myself.

Floyd Staggs 12-25-2007 10:15 AM

I'm like Guy. Been racing since '58, flagman, heads up, no red lights, no breakouts.
I remember the first lights, a yellow and a green.
The first time they had a Christmas tree I went on the first yellow. Oops!
Nowadays it's a lot more complicated but it's still fun.

Mongo 12-25-2007 12:00 PM

Meryy X mas to Jimbo and Bud!

76 RACER 12-25-2007 05:43 PM

Hey Mc Goob...
What? You have tried to call? When? Damn boy you know I'd answer the phone fer ya! Been really busy with the work thang. Ya gonna be on the home front tanite? I will call ya's.... Twas the day of Xmas and all I can do is dream of them B and G. I know I am a missin' out! You had better have a clean house when get in town...lol Ok...here goes. I had known Goob for a few years from the internet. We had never met face to face. I had the oppurtunity to get to Indy. Goob and his best half invited me to stay at their house. When I arrived at their home and Goob meeting me at the airport I was never so amazed in my life that two people could keep a house and the grounds so perfect! I couldnt even find a speck of dust in or on the window sash of their home! No one has no idea how clean and perfectly arranged this house was and I know still is!!! Goobs office was a differnt story. It was perfectly clean but not as organized as the public part of the home. To think I was anal!

Happy Holidays Brotha!

mannymen 12-26-2007 10:05 AM

Anyone talk to Danny/Tracey Sons to find out what is with bracket talk being down for over a week???

Jim Scott 12-26-2007 10:17 AM

you can pretty much figure the site will be down for another week atleast.

76 RACER 12-26-2007 10:54 AM

I think its called paying your bills!

Dave Goob Cook 12-26-2007 12:18 PM

Glad you're still working away Brotha......

I had to clean the office back in October for the wedding......I have full view of the entire floor and desktops!! :eek:
You'd be shocked, I still am!

Talk soon!! Chandra thanks ya for the props on the housekeeping.....
Now to try to recover from that B&G feast yesterday.......:D

76 RACER 12-26-2007 10:48 PM

Mc Goob.....
Nice going. Tell the boss all I can do is speak the truth. Just got in and I will call ya's in the AM for sure. I am on the jones fer some of dem B an G! The wedding was in Oct? Damn I have been workin way to hard for almost 3 months...whew! Did anyone wear hats at that affair? You are the only one reading this arent you???? wink wink.....lol

Dave Goob Cook 12-27-2007 02:04 PM

The krew from the left coast were supposed to bring the hats, but chickened out at airport security......;)