CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   Top Sportsman and Top Dragster (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   TD and TS Q16 at LVD Sept 5 (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=27648)

pentastarrail 08-10-2010 05:05 PM

TD and TS Q16 at LVD Sept 5

To ALL my fellow TD and TS racers,

I have received some GREAT news.

The last Quick 16 race at LVD that is to be held on Sunday, September 5 (Labor Day weekend) will be contested in the following manner:

6.00 to 7.49
-- NO EXCEPTIONS, if only 2 cars enter then SO BE IT.
7.50 and slower cars will NOT be added "to fill the field".

All NHRA TD/TS rules apply.
These rules will be WITHOUT DEVIATION.

Entry fees are $135, ($100 toward the purse, $35 for track).

SO for all you guys/girls complaining, hike up your skirts and bring the baddest that you have and hopefully you brought enough.

We'll be looking for you "camel toe", "moose knuckle", "blownhemi", and "Mr. Chimpo". :-)

By the way, if no one knows me by my screen name, this is Frank Zeffiro.

Michael Galofaro 08-11-2010 04:41 PM

Re: TD and TS Q16 at LVD Sept 5

You going Frank ? Is it quick 16 TD and quick 16 TS or just the fastest 16 ? And yeah it will be interesting to hear the responses and if any of the clown posters show up (although you should not be looking for camel toe or moose knuckle - remember you're married :D)
I will say I was chuckling with their posts though - lol.

OK back to the race - what's the payout? WTF is 135 to race (it's $35 entry fee) How about it's 100 to race period - national events are cheaper to get into for crew.

Everyone local to the area (NJ,PA,NY,CT etc) who runs these classes should post on here if they are going to go or not. This way we get an idea of what the race will be like and if anyone is going. Over 1200 people looked at the other link so people know what's going on so reply yes or no. It would be nice to finally get a nice series in the area we can all run - eventually doing something like the DC outlaws and the Pro Comp association - very fast index racing. Pro comp is perfect at 6.20 - a TS class would be up to them I guess. 6.40 or 6.50 would be a great number. Both pro tree etc etc. OK enough rambling about things that won't happen.

Again if you are going to attend - OR - not attend, let it be known.

HofmannRacing 08-11-2010 06:22 PM

Not going to attend.

Already have plans for that weekend, as well as many other racers.

But I am trying to get this race moved to the weekend before, or if it is not possible to move, Then we are (myself and the track) thinking of having a race on Sunday Aug 29th which would be a Q16 or a Q8

This is what I'm thinking as of now

Q16 = 7.49 and quicker (dial in race)

Q8 = 6.99 and quicker (dial in race)

Q8 = 6.40 and slower Heads up pro tree

So rather than complain about it,lets hear your input and we will see if we can put a race together for that weekend.

79monte 08-11-2010 07:41 PM

what is the payout gonna be? they gonna guarantee a certain amount?
not worth the toll money otherwise

79monte 08-11-2010 07:51 PM

if your gonna make it a fast race then make it either
Q16 or Q8 fastest car ( door or dragster) heads up pro tree 1/8 mile or
1/4 dont matter but you are gonna have to guarantee some kind of decent
money to get some fast cars
just so know one gets all worked up my name is Tim Antinora

Michael Galofaro 08-11-2010 11:44 PM

Tim,

I agree 100% about they need to make it a quick 8 or 16 pro tree first to the line wins. 16 might be a bit watered down but 8 would be very fast (IF the payout was decent)
I can EASILY come up with 8 cars for a quick 8 that would run the first to the stipe stuff. Spread the word a bit and some of the pro comp guys would show up.
It can easily be a fun, fast field IF the track wants it. But I have been told many times over they DONT want to do that. How about it Track Mgmt - make it like a pro comp race first to the line and a decent pay and lets have a fun race.

OK 60 (now 128) more people read this ad - is anyone going to voice an opinion besides Tim and Wayne? There are alot of fast racers on this site so get involved and voice your thoughts so we can get something like this going - don't worry about peoples feelings. If your for it, say it and let's get a race going - door car, dragster, altered etc . How about the tracks view?

masracing 08-12-2010 05:26 AM

I am in the same boat as Wayne that Setp. 5th might not work for me.

However I am all for the weekend before. If its the weekend before I will be there!

My vote is for quick 8 or 16 qualified field. Bracket format from there. Top dragster and top sportsman rules apply.

I will talk it up with some of epping racers. There are a good number of 6.8 and faster cars that might be able to be enticed to come down for this. I will make phone calls and see what I can do once the track finalizes something

I dont agree with a heads up. If its heads up I am probably out. Wont spend the gas money or entry fee to know after first qualifying session who the winner will be. I say stick with the top dragster top sportsman format and see what happens. Just my opinion but
If there are enough guys willing to commit to show up and run heads up have at it but I probably wont be one of them.

Others post what you think we need different opinions up here

B.J. Masiello

pentastarrail 08-12-2010 06:48 AM

Heck,
Let's have 2 races. A Q8 and a TD/TS race.
Different weekends of course.

I understand about the Sept 5. That is a VERY popular weekend.
If I'm not mistaken Epping has something going on also.

But let's see what kind of response we get.
I know there are other guys out there with fast stuff.
Let's see if we hear from them.

Also your opinons are encouraged..... (Thanks Tim).

1855sc 08-12-2010 08:59 AM

I dont have a dog in the "fast car" fight, but since everyone is worried about what the payout is going to be, ie: moose crap, camel jockey, blow hard, etc. putting $100.00 into the pot per car will only equal $800 or $1600 to the Winner/RU correct? what about the whinners that will comeout of the woodwork saying you wont have any money to pay back. And I am sure that the above mentioned wont come out for that prize money, they really have fast cars!!! lol...

again, this is only my opinion... just preparing you for the next level of questions...

Debbie Moses

Michael Galofaro 08-12-2010 11:00 AM

Deb and BJ you guys are both right in you opinion. We all just have diff ideas and wanna race diff things. Yes in a heads up quick 8 format you will not be competative - that's fine and you guys should keep the normal quick whatever bracket style race.
My point is we have enough racers local to have a heads up race. And no I will not be coming to race for 800 to win when you expect me to pay 135 to enter - Neither will anyone else. The pro comp racing is ZERO entry and 4 people in for free paying double that to win - same with the dc outlaws (think they are 1200 to win - not 100% sure)
I said this in PM's to people - if the track does not get involved and promote it and get the fans to help with the payout it will never happen. We can easily have a field of 8 dragsters running 6.50 and faster but the race will never happen in the way the payouts are described. The entire concept to having fast cars is to get people to come watch - thus paying the purse. Everyone benefits.

I could be wrong - just my 2cents.

I also would like to see the 3 stooges run.

masracing 08-12-2010 01:40 PM

Mike speak for yourself on the no one is coming for that payout

If they can guaruntee 800 bucks for a quick 8 or 1600 for a quick 16 I will be there

3 rounds of work to win 800 bucks. What other race pays that around here

I was at Atco two weeks ago for a 25k race. paid 300 dollars to enter. Lost in the 4th round and got my 300 dollars back 4th round means I would have allready won a quick 8 and runner upped in a quick 16.

Bottom line I show up to race. If you can find the cars to support a quick 8 heads up race more power to you. I will save my money and go to another Top Dragster race.

I wish some others would post there opinions on this topic

B.J. Masiello

Michael Galofaro 08-12-2010 02:18 PM

Nobody goes now for the payouts they have so what are you talking about ? They have a 1000 to win and the first race I was told had 2 cars !!! YES 2 cars. The last race had cars but they were all super pro cars - correct e if I am wrong but the final was 6.80 dial vs 10.50 dial. And there is nothing wrong with that if that's what you guys want.

I understand you will race for 800 for a top dragster race. I would too if I had a regular dragster car that most people have around here - (which people that run 7.00-7.70 consider a top dragster car) when you have cars like I, warren, frank, brendan, wayne, glenn puluse, gary from syracuse the pro comp guys etc etc we are not going to do that. - you ask anyone if they are going to pay 135 + crew so now 200 + to race for 800 if that flies ?? The pro comp racing pay more than double that and free entry for 4 crew. So your 800 -135-140(4 crew) -200 fuel to get there - 50 tolls-100race fuel and nitrous we are at 625 just for me to come there for the day - I win the race i pocket 175. Now I feed everyone and wear and tear - is it worth it? I know we dont do this to get rich but at least make it a little enticing - no ??

You pay 800 to win quick 8 free entry etc then MAYBE some of the people above will race. You cannot compare the bracket racing at atco with ANY quick 8 racing. That is just what it is bracket racing - I dont have a car to be able to run those races - neither do the above guys.

So if you don't think we can get at least 8-10 cars to run 6.50 or better I just gave you 7 names and there are others from the pro comp and dc outlaw class that would come IF the race was right.

You and Debbie are talking about one race - I am talking about a total diff race. One is for bracket cars (ones that you can race and drive around 20 rounds a day) the other is not. And again that is fine - I am not saying for you to pay money and try to run the quick 8 - run the bracket program. As was stated they should have a quick 8 (meaning first to the line) and a bracket class as well. When I or any of the above people hear quick 8 racing we think quick 8 not brackets - so maybe if there was more clarification then none of us would be bothering to see what's going on, pay etc etc. And prob keep morons off the page as well - although they are pretty funny.

Are we on the same page now ?

HofmannRacing 08-12-2010 03:14 PM

Ok Guys ,heres how it looks as of now.I will know more by sat and try to finalize everything by then.

2 seperate races

race #1 Q8 Heads up pro tree 6.40 index

open to door cars -dragsters-altered-funny cars (no nitro) whatever 8 fastest cars will run heads up with a 6.40 cut off

race #2 Q8 dial in racing

open to dragsters-door cars-altered's (top dragster-top sportsman rules apply) with the exception of this will be 7.49 and quicker

Payouts and entry as of now are looking like:

Q8 heads up: no entry fee for car and driver and 2 free crew (additional crew $35.00)
Winner $1500.00
Runner Up $750.00
Semis $125.00

Q8 dial in racing: entry for car and driver $135.00 $25.00 per crew guy
Winner $800.00
Runner up $400.00
Semi's $100.00

i'm going to start its own thread when i know more,so for now rather than complain about it , just let me know if you want to race that day Aug 29th..from what i see its a pretty good deal..
lets see:
Divisional race 4 days long $175.00 to enter add $35 per crew guy, food- fuel -tolls-nitrous-race fuel..ect....and have to go 3 rds to get entry back! dont know about you guys but it cost me a $1000.00 to run a div race and it pays $1500 to win, and most of you guys run these races and have no prob doing it...so whats the prob with running a 1 day race for the payouts above?

JR fuel 08-12-2010 03:17 PM

My vote would be for a Quick 8 or 16 dial your own e.t.

Michael Galofaro 08-12-2010 03:23 PM

For race 1 count me in.

jayork1331 08-12-2010 04:23 PM

no dog in this fight just a fan who loves fast cars....just wondering if maybe using the 6.20 pro comp index might entice others to come. I know that 6.40 is the proposed but maybe a few more racers will come if it were 6.20 where the field is comprised of a quick 8 and those that dont make the cut will run the 7.49 and quicker making that a quick 16...

pentastarrail 08-12-2010 05:07 PM

HEY,
Can I double enter??

just kiding

I'm in for the heads up Q8 (as long as my trans is OK).
The boss is in for the regular dial in Q8.

masracing 08-12-2010 05:51 PM

Count me in for the dial in race

I will recruit as many others as I can! Sounds like it should be a great day cant wait

Everybody is getting what they want so all that is left to do is race. No reason for anyone not to be there.

How about a King of the hill first to the finish line race for the winner of each class. No extra money just bragging rights. Just kidding! or am I?

B.J. Masiello

ScottHall 08-12-2010 08:02 PM

I'm in for the Heads Up Q8. We will be there.

I will be @ Indy, so September 5th is out.

Scott Hall

Michael Galofaro 08-12-2010 09:04 PM

Is it going to be the fastest 8 or the fastest closest to 6.40 without going under it? I assume it's the second ? Either way this will be an awesome race and I look forward to coming and appreciate Wayne Hoffman and whoever he is working with at the track for putting this together - especially this fast.
I do believe there is going to be a place for a class like this in the coming years. As I mentioned there is a nice handful of people in the area who want to run this stuff and will support it. Along with the dial quick 8 we can now have the best of both worlds and, if possible, please everyone.
The 6.40 index will allow some of the fast TS cars to compete as well if they choose - if you make it the 6.20 pro comp index that will eliminate them from the race (well most of them).
Either way if the guys I mentioned are not on here but their friends are let them know and post a note if they will be interested and if they are coming.
It only makes sense to understand what we are dealing with (to see if we have the cars and people) to make it correct. This way the track will see first hand the interest and can feel comfortable that it will be a success.

Just my 2 cents - look forward to it.

waynelvd 08-13-2010 01:23 PM

So if i let Racer and 2 crew in for "free" who covers the payout , nevermind the Insurance, staff, and compound ?

ScottHall 08-13-2010 06:08 PM

Waynelvd...

I was wondering the same thing. I remember I had the same concerns voiced on this forum last year.......

It doesn't go over to well.....

But....I am looking foward to attending what ever LVD can put on for a race....

Scott

EVIL CLOWN 08-13-2010 10:40 PM

mir is 8/28 no way i will come there but let me see 800 to win maybe i will show NOT !!! GOOD LUCK RACERS

Michael Galofaro 08-14-2010 03:50 AM

Are you kidding me I did not even look at the schedule - the MIR nat event is that weekend ?? I thought it was the following. Well this sucks now.

jayork1331 08-14-2010 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael Galofaro (Post 204126)
Are you kidding me I did not even look at the schedule - the MIR nat event is that weekend ?? I thought it was the following. Well this sucks now.

Hey Mike, Start out with Cecil County on Aug 20-22nd then you could always come to Lebanon valley on the 29th then go to Epping on Sept 10-12 and win the show there .Completing the trifecta with 3 wins in a row.......:)

Michael Galofaro 08-15-2010 12:07 AM

It's an idea - but this combo is 100% brand new now - absolutely going to be in epping for the pro comp stuff. I also wanted to run the Elite 8 stuff at the IHRA nat's.
Cecil is most likely a no go just because I am not running the Div 1 stuff with this new motor. I will just play it by ear - either one will do just fine without me - ;)