CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   Events (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Roll Call for Midwest Class Racers going to Marion SD (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=53294)

bobbyd6 05-28-2014 11:15 AM

Roll Call for Midwest Class Racers going to Marion SD

Midwest Class Racers 1st Event of the 2014 Season will be next weekend June 7th & 8th at Thunder Valley in Marion South Dakota!! Guaranteed Payout of $2,000.00 each day regardless of car count!!! Also free Log Books will be given out to the racers!! Look forward to seeing a record car count there!! Look below on the MCR page for more details!! Lots of new cars & owners from South Dakota, Nebraska, Iowa, Minnesota should be there!! Post on here if you plan on coming!!!

Jason Shepard 05-28-2014 11:34 AM

Re: Roll Call for Midwest Class Racers going to Marion SD

Count me in!! My car is a new build this year also! Looking forward to it!

Alan Nyhus 05-28-2014 11:57 AM

Count me in, as well. -Al

Paul Merolla 05-28-2014 01:23 PM

We'll be there, along with Frank Allen, and John & Rosie Hladky are planning on it too.

Randy Shepard 05-29-2014 07:53 AM

I will be there as well. Gotta try and keep up with the kid!

Sean Marconette 05-29-2014 08:15 AM

Planning on being there if the car runs tomorrow. Is there a schedule for each day?
Thanks
Sean

JRyan 05-29-2014 09:34 AM

Sean,
Someone can correct me if I'm wrong. But, usually Saturday qualifying is at 3,4,5 PM with eliminations following at 6 or so. Sunday we usually have two qualifying hits at I believe 10-11 and eliminations around noon.

We plan on being there with my Nova and possibly dad driving his Olds. Still have a lot of work to do on his though so we're not completely sure about that.

Rick

Dan Wiese 05-29-2014 10:20 AM

Just off the phone with TVD schedule for sat will be time trials 3 & 4 elims @5 (in order to get races done earlier on sat we have gone to 2 time trials) sun will be time trials 9 10 11 elims @1. From the races I have attended this year the starting line crew is doing an excellent job of track prep. Looking forward to a great first race weekend. If all works well Alex & I will both be racing.

Dan Wiese
(507)-920-6135 please call for questions or concerns
John Mcleod
(605)-770-3860

JRyan 05-29-2014 10:44 AM

Well that's unfortunate Dan. I guess we will be rethinking our plans then. I have to work on Saturday and we have to push it to even get there by 3:30.

John E McLeod 05-29-2014 07:11 PM

We got Ryan's worked out and they are coming both days. Possible two cars if they can get Jerry's together. Dale will be there with the firebird,he was still getting used of the speed at test tune. John

Tom Meyer 05-29-2014 09:34 PM

No car done for me yet, mite have to rent one. Anybody need a driver? I can send my resume to anyone interested. Will be sending two pails of C12 for the RUs of sat and sun races. Its always a great time at Thunder Valley. Tom

btrc 05-31-2014 08:20 AM

Our car isn't done yet but we'll be there spectating. Always good car counts and plenty of action at the Marion races with the Midwest Class Racers.

Alan Nyhus 05-31-2014 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom Meyer (Post 433161)
.......Will be sending two pails of C12 for the RUs of sat and sun races. Its always a great time at Thunder Valley. Tom

Tom, that's a generous contribution....thanks! Hope to see your slick Nova S/S'er out soon.

Thanks again! :) -Al

John E McLeod 06-01-2014 09:12 PM

Just got back from bir got a lot of the log books & flyers out.Now it's time to get ready for Marion. log books will be there don't forget to come by if you don't have one. John

Dan Wiese 06-02-2014 05:39 PM

Weather forcast is looking great for the weekend - Money is increadable ($2000 to win $1000 ru) - 2 races 1 tow - only $100 entree per day - We are the main show! So who is coming to TVD this weekend? Looking forward to seeing 50-70 cars.

Dan Wiese
5707 STK

Special Thanks
Watertown Chrysler Ford (series sponsor)
Iverson Chrysler (event sponsor)
Midwest Race Cabinets ( contingency sponsor)
Grosz Racing (Stick car contingency sponsor)
Thunder Valley Dragways ( host track)

bdixon 06-03-2014 08:56 AM

I will be there with my silver duster along with 6 or seven other ones....Bryan

John E McLeod 06-03-2014 12:56 PM

More perks for mcr race this weekend 100 dollar contingency certificate for winner from C J motorsports both days thanks to Cary Shonley. John

Dickens 06-03-2014 02:12 PM

oh yea

John E McLeod 06-05-2014 08:47 AM

Will have midwest race cabnets decals at dan wiese and my trailer sat. Stop by and thank Charlie Berner at his trailer for this great program.This is one of the things that makes MRC so great. John

mcink 06-06-2014 10:46 PM

http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/i...7/DSC_4896.jpg

bobbyd6 06-07-2014 08:07 PM

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...2&l=7aebe49fa8

bobbyd6 06-07-2014 08:10 PM

https://www.facebook.com/bobby.devine">Bobby Devine</a>.</div></div>

Dale Rethke 06-08-2014 02:24 AM

http://i62.tinypic.com/1tq3pv.jpg

Tom Meyer 06-08-2014 09:39 AM

Bill Bogner with the win Randy Johnson RU. 47 Cars this thing just keeps getting better. 2 grand to win thousand RU and round money if you win first round, with 2 races in one tow. Looks like 52 cars on sun. Tom

Dan Wiese 06-09-2014 10:36 AM

Sunday 52 cars but mother nature got the best of us with 4 cars left. so purse was divided between Curt Heib - Jerry Mooney - Rick Wessels - Troy Neigebuer (sorry if spelled wrong ) Special thanks to all the racers who participated some driving 400 plus miles to get to TVD. Allso thanks to Glen for running a good show . The track was prepared very well. What a great way to start our season can"t wait till our next show July 5-6.

Midwest Class Racers
Watertown Chysler Ford
Iverson Chysler

Alan Nyhus 06-09-2014 12:30 PM

A great weekend of racing.....nice job by the Midwest Class Racers, Glen Rapp and all his hard working staff at Thunder Valley. The guys on the starting line really have a handle on the track and traction.

I went out first round both days and had a blast! :) -Al

JRyan 06-09-2014 01:40 PM

The guys did an outstanding job on the starting line. The last five passes for me on Sunday the 60' only varied .007 from 1.491-1.498. Couldn't ask for any better then that. Too bad the program was cut a little short yesterday with the rain. Hopefully we can make it back down in July.

Rick

John E McLeod 06-09-2014 06:42 PM

12000 DOLLAR PAYOUT WEEKEND!!!!!! What a great weekend of racing!!!!!! I want to thank all the racers , sponsors, & track workers. This program is just getting better all the time. John

Dan Wiese 06-10-2014 11:49 AM

In Thanking people I almost forgot one of the hardest working MCR person at the track - Melinda Koppien . Thank You for your tireless efforts to keep everbody informed & paired up from round to round. Its people like Melinda that make MCR a great place to race.

Midwest Class Racers

Alan Nyhus 06-15-2014 07:53 AM

Tim McVay does some incredible photography at Thunder Valley and posts much of his work on TVD's Facebook page. This shot of Mike Koppien's high flyin' SS/EA 396/375 Camaro is an example. Thanks,Tim for all your work!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...ps902e8746.jpg

Willie's East Side 06-16-2014 07:27 PM

Midwest Class Racers will be at Thunder Valley Dragway in Marion South Dakota, July 5th and 6th 2014

Willie's East Side 06-16-2014 08:52 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Axemaker / Reuland
G/SA
Sam Reuland

DJ5600 06-16-2014 11:06 PM

I really like seeing all the pictures.Thanks I know its a lot of work .