CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   Class Racer Builds (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   Dumbo The Flying Elephant (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=72394)

1matcoman 04-23-2021 09:16 AM

Re: Dumbo The Flying Elephant

340Cuda 04-23-2021 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keith 944 (Post 639206)
Robbie welch just had a tire blowout down in Georgia and is asking the same questions
which one did you buy, how much, do you have a link?

Thanks

Like Robbie I blew a trailer tire this weekend so it is a good time to get a TPS, been thinking about it for a while.

Very interested in reviews both pro and con.

Thanks!
Bill

Larry Hill 04-26-2021 08:27 AM

Consolidating information from working books to a permanent reference by category. I’m to old to remember and Dumbo is more complicated than I ever imagined. Today is bread crum organize day.

MR DERBY CITY 04-26-2021 01:21 PM

eezrvproducts.com. ........this tire pressure system monitors the pressure and temp of tires. I have used it for a few years and highly recommend it.....

Larry Hill 04-26-2021 02:33 PM

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^That's the one we use^^^^^^^^^^^^

Larry Hill 04-28-2021 09:01 AM

To my surprise the largest, most pages, section of my notes is the suspension section on the four wheel scales.

Larry Hill 04-30-2021 07:18 AM

For me the biggest question during dissemble is why? Why is there more ware on this side and not the other. After noticing change comes the questions; does it need fixing and if it does how?

Off topic but we are updating our gages in the Cuda to Classic Instruments 40* to 220* water, oil, and trans temp, plus the oil pressure gages.

Larry Hill 05-02-2021 06:43 PM

I removed a piston and rod. Checked the stretch of the rod bolts and the bolts matched the information on my build sheet. When relaxed the numbers agreed again. No sign of cap fretting or back side of bearing insert micro welding itself to the rod. Rings seemed to take to piston and cylinder wall. Top two rings were separated by about 120*, the oil rails were lined up over each other. Was that the reason the top of piston had a little extra carbon build up?

It will be good to know how round and straight the cylinder walls stayed. Our toy airplane engines ran well when they were round and straight.

Larry Hill 05-09-2021 06:15 PM

Selling the Private Lee has been way more time consuming than thought. I'm still finding parts.

I'm sending off a couple of test valves to be coated, I sure hope it will extend the service life of stuff.

Larry Hill 06-16-2021 07:21 PM

Got to finish the boat, then after the Norwalk races it will be focused on Dumbo. We hav a new trans to test and ratios to try