CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   Stock and Super Stock (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   "Live" From The Columbus Points Race (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=41940)

Larry Hill 07-20-2012 12:39 PM

Re: "Live" From The Columbus Points Race

Well it has stopped raining and super stock is in the lanes! It is still awfully cloudy though!

Jeff Teuton 07-20-2012 12:43 PM

We are drowning down here, and we are trying to redirect it. 2 to 3 inches daily. But the proof in the pudding is salt water is running under the surface going North in the Mississippi. Good for fishing redfish, but usually only happens around Dec or January. That means it's dry. Yall get running up there. We need some gossip, inuendo, or just plain bs.

Larry Hill 07-20-2012 01:39 PM

Super stock and super comp have run and super street has been called up. So stock is next! Lots of fast A/SA cars here--Johns, Boburka, Lynch!

Jeff we had lots of BSing going on last night, but I drank too many of those Lime a Ritas to remember what was said!

More later

Michael Beard 07-20-2012 01:46 PM

8 Attachment(s)
Had a long delay, but once racing action got underway, things have been smooth. Tech went well and I swapped in some fresh C-11 (as before, the only thing I could buy at Bristol this weekend was VP-112, which is not on the accepted fuels list). Finished flushing the fuel system about time they called Super Stock. Still had to check tires etc, and by the time I got to head to the lanes they were probably on their third call. Even so, I was the first car in line. Gotta say, best 60' I've had in awhile, so hat-tip to the track crew!

Got to see some old friends (no pun intended, Lovins!), meet some new ones, and was able to congratulate Larry Hill in person for his Wally. I really look up to Larry. I have no choice, really! ;-) Also saw Greg and Andrew Hill, Ronnie Traupman and Aaron Allison (who is running his B/CM Vega in Super Street. I found a nice high n'dry (as recommended) on a gravel-based piece of grass right inside the gate.

The run itself was good on the tree and 60', yet still slower than Atlanta. Wind is creeping up. Traction was great. Track surface itself has a couple little dips and humps in the right, but not anything to upset a car my
speed.

SS Q#1 78.7 deg, 72%, 28.93, 3,145' DA

danny waters sr 07-20-2012 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael Beard (Post 336330)
Had a long delay, but once racing action got underway, things have been smooth. Tech went well and I swapped in some fresh C-11 (as before, the only thing I could buy at Bristol this weekend was VP-112, which is not on the accepted fuels list). Finished flushing the fuel system about time they called Super Stock. Still had to check tires etc, and by the time I got to head to the lanes they were probably on their third call. Even so, I was the first car in line. Gotta say, best 60' I've had in awhile, so hat-tip to the track crew!

Got to see some old friends (no pun intended, Lovins!), meet some new ones, and was able to congratulate Larry Hill in person for his Wally. I really look up to Larry. I have no choice, really! ;-) Also saw Greg and Andrew Hill, Ronnie Traupman and Aaron Allison (who is running his B/CM Vega in Super Street. I found a nice high n'dry (as recommended) on a gravel-based piece of grass right inside the gate.

The run itself was good on the tree and 60', yet still slower than Atlanta. Wind is creeping up. Traction was great. Track surface itself has a couple little dips and humps in the right, but not anything to upset a car my
speed.

SS Q#1 78.7 deg, 72%, 28.93, 3,145' DA

Hey Michael , Danny Jr is there running super comp....tell him i said hello....he went by himself . keep a check on him for me please....good luck

Larry Hill 07-20-2012 03:26 PM

Stock just made their first run. 82 stockers. Looks like the rain is probably gone for the weekend. Sun has come out a little and it is a little windy and cooler. Everyone is supposed to still get 2 runs today. I don't know the exact order of stock qualifying, but # 1 is around .90 under. Up in the top is Johns, Andrew Hill, Beach, Witherspoon, Butner. Bill Skillman is in his 2013 Mustang. Adkinson did not get a good run. Nichols pulled off at the starting line. A couple of new Mustangs here I had not seen before. Skinner and Nick something and Mike something. I will know more when DRC puts up times.

Dick Butler 07-20-2012 08:47 PM

Did you say Skinner?

Larry Hill 07-20-2012 11:04 PM

Yes there is a Kevin Skinner in a BB/SA 10 Mustang here.

Well we are done for the day. It turned out to be a nice day overcast all day and cooler tonight. It was only 74 when we made our last run. Really nice. Coolest weather we have seen in a long time. It is supposed to be 87 tomorrow, but not near the humidity as today. We start out at 9 in the morning with superstock out 1st, then sc, sst, then stock and super gas. We run 1st round at 6 tomorrow, with super stock running at 2.

I have been lazy today and did not get out my camera. I will try to do better tomorrow!

Ben Holt 07-21-2012 12:24 AM

Skinner's dad Mike owns a few businesses in the Columbus area and are a wonderful sponsor of many facets at Trails. Wonderful people, too. They wanted to get into class type racing, and thought the cobra jet program looked enticing. They bought Bill Howell's car after Bristol and are just getting started. Nice to have a new face in the Stocker ranks!u

Stephen & Horace Johnson 07-21-2012 05:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Larry Hill (Post 336396)
Yes there is a Kevin Skinner in a BB/SA 10 Mustang here.

Well we are done for the day. It turned out to be a nice day overcast all day and cooler tonight. It was only 74 when we made our last run. Really nice. Coolest weather we have seen in a long time. It is supposed to be 87 tomorrow, but not near the humidity as today. We start out at 9 in the morning with superstock out 1st, then sc, sst, then stock and super gas. We run 1st round at 6 tomorrow, with super stock running at 2.

I have been lazy today and did not get out my camera. I will try to do better tomorrow!

Larry,
any idea what happend to Ray Paquet and his SS/B thunderbolt?