HOME MAGAZINE FORUM RULES SPONSORS CONTACT
     
   
   
 
Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racing Associations > Southwest Nostalgia Drags

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-25-2014, 06:28 PM   #1
Dave Muller
Member
 
Dave Muller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Mesa, AZ
Posts: 263
Default Any SW Nostalgia Drags on the horizon?

Mark,

I have a friend who wants to come out to Wild Horse to watch me race. I'm putting him off until we get back to day racing, but the earliest race I see on the schedule for this fall that I'm likely to attend is the ADRA Memorial race, Nov. 15.

So are there any plans for a nostalgia event coming up? Of course, even if the date doesn't work for him to come, there's still a good chance that I'll be there. But it would be awesome if it were, say, late October.

---Dave Muller
Dave Muller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 11:10 AM   #2
Mark Yacavone
Sponsor
 
Mark Yacavone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Mayer , a fur piece up the road...
Posts: 4,688
Default Re: Any SW Nostalgia Drags on the horizon?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Muller View Post
Mark,

I have a friend who wants to come out to Wild Horse to watch me race. I'm putting him off until we get back to day racing, but the earliest race I see on the schedule for this fall that I'm likely to attend is the ADRA Memorial race, Nov. 15.

So are there any plans for a nostalgia event coming up? Of course, even if the date doesn't work for him to come, there's still a good chance that I'll be there. But it would be awesome if it were, say, late October.

---Dave Muller
Dave, Tentatively scheduled for Nov. 22nd.
But I have to be frank..Not looking good as far as sponsors and backing go.
__________________
Real life never quite adds up...
Mark Yacavone is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 11:50 AM   #3
Dave Muller
Member
 
Dave Muller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Mesa, AZ
Posts: 263
Default Re: Any SW Nostalgia Drags on the horizon?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Yacavone View Post
Dave, Tentatively scheduled for Nov. 22nd.
But I have to be frank..Not looking good as far as sponsors and backing go.
Thanks for the update, I'll be hoping for the best.
Dave Muller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 08:51 PM   #4
Rick Kolber
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 53
Default Re: Any SW Nostalgia Drags on the horizon?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Muller View Post
Thanks for the update, I'll be hoping for the best.
Mark, Have you talked to Kenny Newsome about sponsorship? He works for a place in Tempe that deals in resto and speed parts that I would think may be interested. PM me if you need contact info.
Rick Kolber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 04:00 PM   #5
Mark Yacavone
Sponsor
 
Mark Yacavone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Mayer , a fur piece up the road...
Posts: 4,688
Default Re: Any SW Nostalgia Drags on the horizon?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Kolber View Post
Mark, Have you talked to Kenny Newsome about sponsorship? He works for a place in Tempe that deals in resto and speed parts that I would think may be interested. PM me if you need contact info.
I have talked to them in the past and they didn't want to get on board at that time.
That's not to say they wouldn't this time...Thanks for reminding me
__________________
Real life never quite adds up...
Mark Yacavone is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 08:02 PM   #6
mopacltd
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: yarnell,az
Posts: 179
Default Re: Any SW Nostalgia Drags on the horizon?

Rick, I heard a rumor you were selling you stocker. Any truth to the rumor?
mopacltd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 02:36 PM   #7
Super Wedge Joe
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 11
Default Re: Any SW Nostalgia Drags on the horizon?

Mark:

Here's a thought to get a race. Talk to track Mngt. about getting a fixed price for the car & full crew, thinking $25-30. Have the racers pool their own prize money, say $100. per car. Break down by car count, IE; less than 20 cars, only pay win & RU. Over 20 break down proportionately back to semi's. I would sell the idea to the track as your providing them, with a show, with no additional cost or risk of poor car count to the track. I would also request a designated staging lane for time trials and to set up eliminations. We used to do that back in Div. 1 with the Stock circuit back in the early 70's. Myself, that was a program I used to really enjoy.

Just a thought, AZ Super Joe
Super Wedge Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 04:01 PM   #8
Mark Yacavone
Sponsor
 
Mark Yacavone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Mayer , a fur piece up the road...
Posts: 4,688
Default Re: Any SW Nostalgia Drags on the horizon?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Wedge Joe View Post
Mark:

Here's a thought to get a race. Talk to track Mngt. about getting a fixed price for the car & full crew, thinking $25-30. Have the racers pool their own prize money, say $100. per car. Break down by car count, IE; less than 20 cars, only pay win & RU. Over 20 break down proportionately back to semi's. I would sell the idea to the track as your providing them, with a show, with no additional cost or risk of poor car count to the track. I would also request a designated staging lane for time trials and to set up eliminations. We used to do that back in Div. 1 with the Stock circuit back in the early 70's. Myself, that was a program I used to really enjoy.

Just a thought, AZ Super Joe

Joe ,Thanks, but NO deals with Tribal owners.
$15 spec
$ 30 car and driver, tech card.
Any profit for us has to come from a mark up.

OR

Full track rental....keep the gate $$

Tried the former..Didn't work.

May try the latter, but we need sponsors, backers
Who's in?
__________________
Real life never quite adds up...
Mark Yacavone is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 05:45 PM   #9
Super Wedge Joe
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 11
Default Re: Any SW Nostalgia Drags on the horizon?

Mark:

As a Realtor, one rule I live by is that "everything" is negotiable. You stated that you spoke with the Tribal Owners. I remember reading here that they hired people to run the track. That is who you would have to reach out to. As to their needing to make their profit, the argument is, what if all the cars from your group entered as time trial only. The track wouldn't receive any additional money from the racers. The benefit to the track is the "show" that you would be putting on for them. That would require you or someone designated, to collect and disburse to the winners, the cash for the payout from the racers participating in that event. This can work.
Super Wedge Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 11:25 AM   #10
mopacltd
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: yarnell,az
Posts: 179
Default Re: Any SW Nostalgia Drags on the horizon?

Kenny works for Restoration Performance Center and I believe RPC is putting on a race a WildHorse the last weekend of September.
mopacltd is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:39 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © Class Racer.com. All Rights Reserved. Designated trademarks and brands are the property of their respective owners.Ad Management plugin by RedTyger