HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 02-15-2010, 04:35 PM   #1
FED 387
VIP Member

Liked 300 Times in 160 Posts
Exclamation NEW NHRA enviorenmental policy READ IT

Check the NHRA website new enviorenmental policy READ IT you must take a course BEFORE you can race at the Gators--Comp 387
FED 387 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 04:38 PM   #2
Ed Fernandez
Veteran Member

Liked 100 Times in 45 Posts
Default Re: NEW NHRA enviorenmental policy READ IT

Recognizing the need to further protect the environment at racing venues, NHRA has announced a new environmental management policy for all NHRA events and/or facilities, effective at all NHRA Full Throttle Drag Racing Series events beginning with the NHRA Gatornationals, March 11-14.

The program involves three primary rules that must be followed regarding the use, possession and disposal of regulated waste. First and foremost, each participant must participate online in a mandatory training session regarding environmental uses as they relate to racing. The training presentation will be available on the National Event Registration website after logging into their account. Second, no halogenated or chlorinated brake cleaners may be used at NHRA events or facilities. And, finally, the responsibility of compliance with Federal, State and Local regulations belongs to the participant.
NHRA will post information provided by tracks on the national registration website when provided by the national event facilities.

NHRA intends to work with government entities, agencies and tracks to monitor and enforce the new environmental management program. Penalties, for non-compliance, will be assessed by NHRA, with a minimum $1,000 fine imposed for any violation.

The entire environmental management responsibility program as well as the training session will be posted on the registration website. When competitors log into their account, they will be required to complete the training and sign the agreement before they can complete the registration process.

Does this include the installation of rectal pollution scrubbers to be installed on the
inhabitants of the Glendora HQs?
Former NHRA #1945
Former IHRA #1945
T/SA
Ed Fernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 02-15-2010, 04:45 PM   #3
John Kelley

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Fernandez View Post
Second, no halogenated or chlorinated brake cleaners may be used at NHRA events or facilities.
I think the brake cleaners refered to are mainly used by the fuel racers. They use them to clean clutch parts between rounds and clean the car to get oil off after a blowup.
I doubt the sportsmen racer use it very much.
John Kelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 04:53 PM   #4
63corvette

Liked 308 Times in 92 Posts

NHRA is just doing this to cover their *****. And I do mean $$$$$.
The biggest problem is in the Pro Pits anyway. Almost everything they use in the way of liquids is hazardous materials.

All this is about covering NHRA and putting any responsibility on to the racers themselves.
It is all about the money as always with NHRA.
My 2 Cents
63corvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 05:41 PM   #5
Pete Beau

Liked 31 Times in 12 Posts

Sooooo, no more dumping the black tank before leaving the track? Damn.
Pete Beau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 05:45 PM   #6
mr305

Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
Send a message via Yahoo to mr305

So I guess this means we are gonna have to start buying sfi Brake Cleaners now at $200 a can! Hahaha
Aaron Disinger
327y
mr305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 05:54 PM   #7
63corvette

Liked 308 Times in 92 Posts

I just came back in from my COLD shop after inspecting my brake cleaner cans and carb cleaner cans and what is printed on them.
I have 3 different brands of brake cleaner and all say Contains No Chlorinated Hydrocarbons. The one brand of carb cleaner says the same.
One of the brake cleaners did say not for use in California but not the reason why.

I retired from the Natural Gas Industry and before I retired in 2000 we stopped using and could not even buy without a permit the Chlorinated Cleaners or Solvents. Unless someone has some really old stuff I am not sure you can even buy it anymore at a parts store. It is for industrial use by permit only.

Just My 2 Cents
63corvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 05:55 PM   #8
art leong
VIP Member

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete Beau View Post
Sooooo, no more dumping the black tank before leaving the track? Damn.
Why not when they park us in the fields. LOL
Old 02-15-2010, 06:17 PM   #9
buzzinhalfdozen

Liked 12 Times in 9 Posts

First, why would NHRA asess any fines when this is an environmental issue, wouyldn't the EPA be asessing fines? Second being in the Auto industry I can't even remember when everything switched to non chlorinated but it's been a while. As bad as I hate to say it looks like just another $ generator for the NHRA, with the guise of being eco police. If their that worried about the environment find some different fuel for their fuel cars that doesn't leave a giant yellow cloud at the starting line. I doubt that stuffs good for ya. Joe
Old 02-15-2010, 06:34 PM   #10
Rick Bailey

Liked 10 Times in 7 Posts
Angry Re: NEW NHRA enviorenmental policy READ IT

I think there had better be some legal opinions on this! I know this! from prior experance..........by you noting, signing, or confirming that you have been trained, or educated in any form...........you are setting yourself up for being busted..........It's the same as admiting that you know better and you should not have done it...........

My previous employer used to use the same tactics. bust ya, then whip out the signed form that you have been trained...........Your fired.

Ok Sportsman commitee go to work on this.