HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 07-14-2015, 10:05 PM   #1
buzzinhalfdozen

Liked 12 Times in 9 Posts
Default United UXT trailers

Anyone with first hand knowledge on these? Thinking of ordering a smooth side 26 footer never had problems with my last smooth side. But I have heard lots of horror stories in general. Any info would be great. Thanks.
Old 07-15-2015, 03:00 PM   #2
DW

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thumbs up Re: United UXT trailers

I couldn't be happier with my 40' smooth side stacker from United which is 6 years old & was ordered as I wanted it both inside & out.
Doug Wesler
Old 07-15-2015, 07:32 PM   #3
jim hensley

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: United UXT trailers

I just bought a United 24' from Liggans RV in Gadsen AL, great guys to work with you. The only thing about the United that I dislike is the dove tail does not drop as low as my other trailer, so I had to get an extra length flap to load my car without tearing off the spoiler. I also got a smooth side which i think looks nice. They do have their bad points. My previous trailer (ATC) was smooth sided also, but after hail damage, I learned the disadvantage. They really can't replace panels easily like a riveted panel. That 3M tape is good stuff, it does not come apart. They ended up fixing it by installing new sheets over the existing sheets. This added unnecessary weight to the trailer. So go with smooth sides but just don't get any damage to a panel.
jim hensley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015, 05:18 PM   #4
Jim Bailey

Liked 589 Times in 110 Posts
Thumbs up Re: United UXT trailers

We used a UXT 30' Stacker as a support trailer for Jim Head Racing. Beat the **** outta it. Way way over loaded it. It held up surprisingly well. Think we bought it from Bruce Litton. We did have to maintain it, but overall, for the price, it was a pretty good trailer. - JB -
Jim Bailey is offline   Reply With Quote