HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 04-22-2019, 07:48 PM   #21
Mbodnar

Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
Default Re: Evans coolant.

Im currently running it switched from water to Evans because of going to Gainsville, getting the car ready in NJ was still very cold. Temperatures got to about 180 back at the trailer, was a two-mile round trip, to the lanes, the run, back to the trailer in Gainsville. So I'm somewhat happy, what im not happy about is going to their trailer and the national event with a receipt from jegs for $355 for coolant, and they told me I'm ineligible for contingency because I didn't buy it from them at a national event....fook them for that reason.
Old 04-22-2019, 10:09 PM   #22
Darrel Goheen

Liked 70 Times in 31 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbodnar View Post
what im not happy about is going to their trailer and the national event with a receipt from jegs for $355 for coolant, and they told me I'm ineligible for contingency because I didn't buy it from them at a national event....fook them for that reason.
I didn't know it was required to purchase from Evans. I sure hope their product proves to be good because their contingency requirements doesn't make sense to me. The coolant is advertised heavily as being a lifetime coolant so what are you suppose to do with all of the contingency required purchased product? I guess if you had a fleet you could use it but I don't have a fleet. I heard of a wheel company that has a similar re-purchase requirement.

Last edited by Darrel Goheen; 04-25-2019 at 12:25 AM.
Darrel Goheen is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 04-22-2019, 11:02 PM   #23
1320racer
VIP Member

Liked 398 Times in 189 Posts

again, their contingency decal will never be on my cars.

https://classracer.com/classforum/sh...t=evans&page=3
1320racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 08:30 AM   #24
Herbie Null

Liked 285 Times in 55 Posts

Why don't you guys complain about companies that don't post contingency, If you are not happy with a sponsor that is paying for contingency then don't use their product. Why would you keep complaining, so we lose another sponsor? This site should be called ClassBasher.com (where we try to kill the sport of drag racing) Anyone on here that want's to judge Evans Coolant and not the fake news, please see me at the races and I will open up my radiator cap and you can see the results for yourself, then look at a radiator core that uses just water. Lets get more sponsors on board, not chase them away. What message are we as a racing body sending to a potential sponsor. (We want your money and we will not follow your requirements) Thanks Evans Coolant, I for one use your product and got paid, Evans was one of the first ones to pay. The Water Company has never sent me a dime and my water pump, radiator and engine block loves Evans Coolant! Bash away guys.

Last edited by Herbie Null; 04-23-2019 at 01:25 PM.
Herbie Null is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 09:48 AM   #25
Herbie Null

Liked 285 Times in 55 Posts

Quote:
Im currently running it switched from water to Evans because of going to Gainsville, getting the car ready in NJ was still very cold. Temperatures got to about 180 back at the trailer, was a two-mile round trip, to the lanes, the run, back to the trailer in Gainsville. So I'm somewhat happy, what im not happy about is going to their trailer and the national event with a receipt from jegs for $355 for coolant, and they told me I'm ineligible for contingency because I didn't buy it from them at a national event....fook them for that reason.
Mike, Evans would have sold you the same product you got from Jegs at a racer discount. If you got the 4 gallons of coolant plus 4 gallons of prep from Evans the cost would have been $224.00 I always get the 6 gallon package from them at $191.00 that's $32 dollars a gallon. This is the site address to register and how to get the racer discount packages https://www.evanscoolant.com/nhra/

Last edited by Herbie Null; 04-23-2019 at 10:07 AM.
Herbie Null is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 04-23-2019, 07:57 PM   #26
Keith 944
VIP Member

Liked 1,641 Times in 520 Posts

Quote:
Got to read the fine print a lot of companies are like this now be careful most of them now want you to buy at the national event
Keith 944 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 08:34 PM   #27
Mbodnar

Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts

Right but, where are the national events when its -10 and snowing lol
Liked
Old 04-24-2019, 11:00 AM   #28
Lenny5160

Liked 432 Times in 225 Posts

Quote:
Right but, where are the national events when its -10 and snowing lol
Then you just need to buy it again at a national event for contingency reasons and put it on the shelf!

I can understand some of the 'proof of purchase' requirements, but it seems crazy that a company wouldn't grant contingency for a proven purchase from one of their authorized distributors.