HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > .90 Heads Up Class Racing Tech

Old 07-09-2012, 11:17 PM   #11
voltdr

Liked 87 Times in 47 Posts
Default Re: 16 Volt Battery

The charging voltage for a 16V battery is above 18V. So, a 12V charger or alternator putting out 14.5V will NOT charge the battery. Pay BIG attention to the charger/battery maintenance info.
Dan
voltdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 06:04 AM   #12
Robbie Welch
Live Reporter

Liked 262 Times in 124 Posts

Well I got the 16volt in and all I can say WOW. I haven't raced with it yet ,the car spins over like the plugs are out and my poor little holley fuel Pp sounds like its coming thru the floor. Even my water Pp and fan are singing. I've taken the alt off for now but I want to put a 16v alt on it. So I'll need to charge between rounds and any time I'm in the pits. Should I be able to go a couple round with out charging? I know it depends on how much I use it during a run. Thanks Robbie
Robbie Welch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 12:30 PM   #13
GaryGoFast

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Talking Re: 16 Volt Battery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbie Welch View Post
Well I got the 16volt in and all I can say WOW. I haven't raced with it yet ,the car spins over like the plugs are out and my poor little holley fuel Pp sounds like its coming thru the floor. Even my water Pp and fan are singing. I've taken the alt off for now but I want to put a 16v alt on it. So I'll need to charge between rounds and any time I'm in the pits. Should I be able to go a couple round with out charging? I know it depends on how much I use it during a run. Thanks Robbie
I love my 2 Rock 16v's. But I would always have the charger on them, when they are low there is no warning, goes from spinning like a top to dead, no middle ground. I run an alternator.
Old 07-10-2012, 04:57 PM   #14
voltdr

Liked 87 Times in 47 Posts

If you have an East Coast Alternator, they will update it to 16V for $125. They did mine at th beginning of the year. The turn around was fast, too. ALWAYS put the charger on the car between rounds, even if it's only for 10 min.
voltdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 05:17 PM   #15
Robbie Welch
Live Reporter

Liked 262 Times in 124 Posts

Thanks for the replys and info. How have you been doing Gary.
Robbie Welch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 09:12 PM   #16
THE LEGEND
VIP Member

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Robbie,
I don't use an alternator. I do try to keep batteries fully charged but if you get in a round robim situation you will be fine. I made 6 passes before with no charge. I do run 2 Rock batteries, no alternator and a belt drive pump.

On other thing make sure eveything has the proper relays. When I first switched I burnt up a Summit cooling fan. It did'nt have a relay on it though. Put one on and never had another issue.
Chip
THE LEGEND is offline   Reply With Quote