HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock

Old 03-01-2021, 09:14 PM   #1
Larry Hill
Live Reporter

Liked 9,422 Times in 1,951 Posts
Default Living The Dream

Red lighted first round of class and first round in elimination. We pack up Sunday so we could leave early today, not so we had a dense fog advisory, got to leave at 6:30am. Fuel $303.60. I-10 to I-55 while we are on the bridge with just enough shoulder to get out of the travel lanes a astute driver informed us something was broken on our motor home. So upon inspection the foot was down rubbing the road a d sending sparks everywhere. The pin had fallen out of the cylinder rod and robbing a few parts from the lift we were back on the road

Zipping right along in Fla. in the rain we picked up a nail in a trailer tire and ruined it. 65 min later we have the spare installed and I’m soaking wet, but living the dream. We have been on the road 11 hours and are still two hours from the track in a rest area on I-10. We are now One hour in trying to enter Gainesville points race and nothing has changed on the car or class from yesterday. NHRA get with the program, please keep in mind we don’t have to do this, and make this process more user friendly. Each racer will only carry so many straws before they say to hell with it
Larry Hill is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2021, 09:55 PM   #2
Frank Castros
VIP Member

Liked 2,071 Times in 765 Posts
Default Re: Living The Dream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Hill View Post
Red lighted first round of class and first round in elimination. We pack up Sunday so we could leave early today, not so we had a dense fog advisory, got to leave at 6:30am. Fuel $303.60. I-10 to I-55 while we are on the bridge with just enough shoulder to get out of the travel lanes a astute driver informed us something was broken on our motor home. So upon inspection the foot was down rubbing the road a d sending sparks everywhere. The pin had fallen out of the cylinder rod and robbing a few parts from the lift we were back on the road

Zipping right along in Fla. in the rain we picked up a nail in a trailer tire and ruined it. 65 min later we have the spare installed and I’m soaking wet, but living the dream. We have been on the road 11 hours and are still two hours from the track in a rest area on I-10. We are now One hour in trying to enter Gainesville points race and nothing has changed on the car or class from yesterday. NHRA get with the program, please keep in mind we don’t have to do this, and make this process more user friendly. Each racer will only carry so many straws before they say to hell with it
It sounds like an adult beverage is in order.
Frank Castros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2021, 10:32 PM   #3
Pistol Pete
VIP Member

Liked 688 Times in 182 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Castros View Post
It sounds like an adult beverage is in order.
I’d say A Very Tall One At That !!
Old 03-01-2021, 10:56 PM   #4
rognelson777

Liked 132 Times in 72 Posts

i can order on walmart or amazon and have it the next day with one click. NHRA Step up
rognelson777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 03-02-2021, 11:13 AM   #5
G Schenck

Liked 81 Times in 35 Posts

Larry, I spoke with the Div 1 guy that was helping the process at No Problem and he said that they are working on it. Do it one time unless there are changes.

Greg
G Schenck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2021, 12:22 PM   #6
Larry Hill
Live Reporter

That sounds like good news for all of us. I can’t imagine how long it would take for a two man team with both racing stock and super stock to get it done.
Liked
Old 03-03-2021, 09:55 AM   #7
Larry Hill
Live Reporter

It’s cold, it’s wet, it’s muddy in the pits, coffee is ready, and it’s test and tune day. Friday will be “Show And Tell Day” if the weather is good it will be worth the trip.