HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 04-02-2007, 08:02 PM   #11
Jeremy

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I think a lot could have been changed, the track owners have a construction company, there could have been roads (or at least high spots) built thru the north field where at least where if you did get stuck you wouldn't have to have your entire rig a 1/4 mile thru the mud, and there could have been drainage where the water would drain away from the cars instead sitting there for no telling how long.
There were no Comp or Pro Mods anywhere near where most of the Sportsman racers were parked.
Maybe theres room for 15 or 20 stockers this year but one more tent and that will be gone.
The problem continues to get worse every year as our pit area continues to get smaller every year with no consideration to the S/SS racers. If they don't want us to come at all they should just say so.

Jeremy
Jeremy is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 04-02-2007, 08:04 PM   #12
Kip Martin

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

You have to be dreanged to race there as a sportsman.

Kip Martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 04-02-2007, 08:21 PM   #13
Kip Martin

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

deranged, cant spell

Kip Martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 08:23 PM   #14
jims86tbird

didn't they keep the stocker and super stockers from even getting in pits , like 1991 i think.had to park in a mall to see if ground dried any.
what about memphis in 1990 told all the .90 cars to go home after sitting in the round track parking lot for 3 days . wet is wet but some tracks never add dirt /gravel let alone pavement.
handwritting on the wall.
jim

Old 04-02-2007, 08:42 PM   #15
LILWJ

Jim, i think they were already pitted and got Fridays class runs in before the Rains came! But you know the sad part is, that after the Gainesville enhancement, racers tell me, oh i am not going to Atlanta and you look on the entry list and they are some of the first to enter!!!!!!go figure!

woodro josey
I miss Buster Couch and Lex Dudas.
Old 04-02-2007, 09:58 PM   #16
Chad Rhodes
VIP Member

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Quote:
Just curious with all these problems with the mistreatment of sportsman racer's at NHRA national events why not just stop racing at them and try racing IHRA instead where stuff like this never happens.
when I can run at least 5 IHRA races within a 8 hr drive then I will consider it

Chad Rhodes
STK 2113
www.rhodesmotorsports.net
Old 04-02-2007, 10:09 PM   #17
grant racing

After having attended the IHRA Nationals in Shreveport a few years ago, i can say that IHRA has the same problems. We asked for some help with the mud and all we got was straw. We sloshed through the mud at that race and we just had to live with it. I am not entirly happy with the situation at Houston. We are one of the ones in the biggest mud holes. It looks like Lake Houston around my car and the motorhome. But they were trying to build a road using old pavement and when the rain stops I think that they will reach us. Time will tell if we are treated fairly and if our motorhomes and cars will get out damage free. They need to get us out onto the paved parking and give us time to clean our cars before trying to continue the race. As I said time will tell how well the situation is handled.

Old 04-03-2007, 12:06 AM   #18
Stephen J

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Quote:
Just curious with all these problems with the mistreatment of sportsman racer's at NHRA national events why not just stop racing at them and try racing IHRA instead where stuff like this never happens.
when I can run at least 5 IHRA races within a 8 hr drive then I will consider it

Chad Rhodes
STK 2113

Are you and your dad coming to Div 2 race at Steele in June?

Stephen Johnson #2162
Horace Johnson #2167
SS/D 427 Ford Fairlane NHRA-IHRA
Ex-Jim Van Cleve

Stephen 2162
Horace2167
Stephen J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 12:12 AM   #19
sc4400

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

There is PLENTY of open ground north of the cool down area at Houston Raceway Park. But NOTHING has been done to improve it in 20 years. If you spit out there, every one will be buried in mud. It might as well be a lake. It is completely USELESS. It will be that way 20 years from now.

RIP

If you really care, my name is Mike Van Winkle from Lake Charles La.
sc4400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 10:09 AM   #20
Chad Rhodes
VIP Member

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Chad Rhodes
STK 2113

Are you and your dad coming to Div 2 race at Steele in June?

Stephen Johnson #2162
Horace Johnson #2167
SS/D 427 Ford Fairlane NHRA-IHRA
Ex-Jim Van Cleve

Stephen 2162
Horace2167
We may, if it were a 1/4 mile race there would be no doubt. But it would be fun to pull 400lbs out of the car and run AA/SA

Chad Rhodes
STK 2113