HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 04-04-2007, 09:07 PM   #41
james schaechter
VIP Member

Liked 1,212 Times in 249 Posts

Ok, for you guys that are really pissed about a girl getting your ride (like you were next in line anyway) -Get Over it!

Come on, the reality is that there are more women driving then ever. However, they are not stealing YOUR RIDE! I don't know Stan, but I bet if Courtney wanted a powerglide in there, both cars would be in the garage instead of racing.

And Jason, dude, I am guessing you are a young guy just itching to race. What have you done to get your ride? Stay positive, this shouldn't be about bashing anyone. The way I look at it, I can appreciate someone taking what they have and building on it. You know there are a lot of folks out there working for food and shelter instead of bitching about how unfair life is because they weren't given a race car to drive. Lighten up and be thankful we get to worry about this stuff at all!

Old 04-04-2007, 10:10 PM   #42
icebrrrg

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Very well stated James.
icebrrrg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 11:16 PM   #43
sc4400

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Yeah, the hard way! Daddy's money and somebody else's cars... Thats the dumbest thing I have heard in awhile...anyboby else wanna give this chic anymore thata boy's??? Daddy needs a son....

Envy and bitterness will only hold YOU back,and have no effect on the subject of your childish blather.

RIP

If you really care, my name is Mike Van Winkle from Lake Charles La.
sc4400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 12:17 AM   #44
BushwackerRacing

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Let me set the record straight for everyone----Daddy's $$ is not paying a penny for Courtney to drive the Super Stock or Stock car of Stan Holt. The venture is solely supported by Stan Holt who is also an associate sponsor on Erica Enders Pro Stock car. Some of you may not know but he suffered a serious injury to his hand and will not be able to drive either car for a year or more. He transferred all his points to her for the COMPLETE season---she also had points from Belle Rose and the Houston Divisionals which gave sufficient points for the NHRA Nationals @ Houston. I do not understand all the speculation and complaints concerning Courtney driving the stick shift cars. Although she's never driven a stick, she's had experience with 7 sec. dragsters and just because she's a girl does not mean she gets special treatment. Trust me racers, that will never happen with Mike Bush her crew chief. She would crawl thru a bucket of @$%&^! to drive either car and has an extremely intelligent approach to all aspects of the racing endeavor. She helps service both cars before the races, between rounds and at the shop. She works beside the guys with NO complaints no matter how dirty a job. Mike will bring her to winning form before long as he did with Lee Bannister, Jeffrey Miller and a few others. She brings new life to a sport that needs all the help it can get and trust me racers, our Sportsman Classes need support. We should be grateful she's well spoken, intelligent and brings some pizzazz to our sport!
See you at the Races,
Frances Bush
Bushwacker Racing

Bushwacker
BushwackerRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 12:30 AM   #45
BushwackerRacing

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Come on now! I wish you'd be more supportive of someone just starting out that had the guts to go with a car that didn't have a $300 button and a stutter box.

FYI she has done extremely well driving the stick cars in testing and she'll soon have enough passes under her belt to become competitive.

Frances Bush

Bushwacker
BushwackerRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 09:24 AM   #46
LILWJ

Well i for one like to see young Ladies in our sport, they might tolerate the NHRA Enhancement better than we do. Courtney, i am for you 100%, you go Girl, Kick some butt!

woodro josey
I miss Buster Couch and Lex Dudas.
Old 04-05-2007, 11:08 AM   #47
Chuck Norton

Liked 69 Times in 15 Posts

Having known Stan Holt and Mike Bush for several years, I'd say that if the two of them are comfortable with a driver, any driver, that's good enough for me.

c

Old 04-05-2007, 05:12 PM   #48
Tom P

Liked 213 Times in 85 Posts

I think it'd be kind of cool to have the Force girls driving Stock or SS cars too. The recognition would help the class.

Some of you guys must be old enough to recall when Super Stock and Stock had "star" drivers that used to get featured on Match Race posters.

Tom P is offline   Reply With Quote