HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 04-03-2007, 07:41 AM   #11
jarn05

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

hey tom p kiss my *****, i guess hemi cars should loose the scoops to? it is small minded thinkers like yourself that have ruined s/ss racing i wish people like you would go back to golfing with tea and crumpets where you belong!

jarn05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 07:55 AM   #12
Bill Belden

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Hemi cars came with hood scoops,,

1100 I/S
Bill Belden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 12:40 PM   #13
keith ohanesian

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

There will be a lot more super mod classes getting beaten up soon.. There is no reason to complain, they don't get horsepower. This is just going to make everyone keep up with the Benjamin's.

Old 04-03-2007, 07:04 PM   #14
BPotts

Liked 12 Times in 2 Posts

My SS car has a scoop, but it is FAR from being a comp motor.....
Old 04-04-2007, 06:33 PM   #15
SS Engine Guy

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

DID the car get a complete tech inspection before an index is hit? Should be the same on all runs if we have to play with the AHFS BS both SS and SSmodified.

SS Engine Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 10:34 PM   #16
Patrick Kelliher

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I know this is a suspicious forum, but I know Arnie. He may throw money around, but he doesn't cheat. That has never been his style. It's sad that every time someone runs great numbers right away people are implying cheating.

Patrick Kelliher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 01:04 AM   #17
davyjones

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Patrick I can say for myself that I never said anything about the legality of his combo . I am sure he was pumped and found legal when he set the record ,and I belive he and all his cars are legal . The only thing I was saying without saying it ... is the best of the best high end comp motor is a DANGEROUS index assualting weapon in SS/MODIFIED. No matter how fast you are or how many rounds you win it seems a little foolish to run 1320' when your competitor who left first turned on the red light .

davyjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 01:33 AM   #18
Bryan Broaddus

Liked 18 Times in 3 Posts

Wow Ray,

I am sure glad I don't race Super Stock in the division you described. Sounds like a really warped group. I am glad I race in Division 6 and 7 where most all of the folks are really quality people.

I do however understand Davy Jones point. I don't know Arnie Martel but I do know some others that run in SS/DM and they are going to be in trouble as a result of his stellar performance. It is allowed to bring a state of the art Comp Car into Super Stock but it is not always wise to bomb an index for no real reason. Seems pointless to me.

Old 04-05-2007, 02:55 AM   #19
SS Engine Guy

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I'm sorry if anyone misread my inquiry about tech for an accusation of cheating. I just wondered if since he red lit then he wasn't required fuel check or scales. Was he teched or not? Simple question. Apparently nobody knows or is willing to say he was or wasn't checked. If a index hitting run isn't proven to be legal then it seems heavy handed to take away index.

An index hit on those kind of classes is a pretty big deal when you have your dollars tied up in a combo like SS/mod. Easy to say "no big deal" unless it is your wallet that just got lighter. I personally don't give a rats behind who thinks who is legal, illegal or otherwise... Who's buddys with who or who thinks they know ***** and don't.

Simple qestion? Was the car scaled, fuel checked and teched after the index hitting run? Doen't matter who it is. That should apply anytime AHFS or any other BS is applied. Stock, SS, SS/mod.

SS Engine Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 06:40 AM   #20
Scott Gove

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

well said Vierheller, apressiate the comments. However the system jumps the gun. I made a total of 2 yes thats 2 runs last fall at atco they wack the index 15. 8.007 record run. 8.01 back up. car was legal, ohanesian can tell you that story. i get the record at 8.01 ??? instead of 8.00 then get wacked 15 in one hit. now granted its obvious id have got it sooner or later and ill get some more im sure. the 7 second passes didnt count because they were test and tune on thurs the 8.0's at the dutch didnt count because it was nat open race. did any body call nhra about this? several last fall said they were gonna bitch. super stock is performance based competitive racing . in my world any way. i thought that if i run fast, built nice cars that are hard leaving and straight running down the track, i might sell some race cars. its called advertizing. Ronnie Sox god rest his soul didnt become a legend sand bagging and driving the brakes on. He probably didnt have 2 rolls of duct tape all over his windshield , rearveiw mirror and cardboard taped to his helmet either.and no i dont think im famous and i dont suspect i will be either. if they would fix comp id be there. it aint all money either. martels got more in his trailer than i got in the whole operation. alot of its hard work. they say you cant buy happiness, you cant just buy the seven second zone either. i tried that a few years ago, it didnt work ,i had to work for it. if you cant afford to run fast work on your tree and dial ins . history has proven it dont take alot to drive around my sorry *** on the tree. not likly that ill get in anyones way. but im having fun!!! after all thats what its really all about.