HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 09-11-2013, 03:59 PM   #11
SStockDart
VIP Member

Liked 459 Times in 174 Posts
Default Re: 9/11

This is a day, like JFK assassination (High School Study Hall for me), where everyone remembers where they were. I was being prepped to have a knee replaced (on my birthday, no less) and saw the first plane hit....(video)....Did not see any more until several hours later when I got back to the hospital room, but I was so doped up that nothing registered with me until the next day.

On a related subject..has everyone noticed the million Muslim march on DC has drawn a total of 25 Muslim supporters and a million bikers. I love the idea of a million "Hogs" surrounding Muslims.

God Bless America
Old 09-11-2013, 04:12 PM   #12
buzzinhalfdozen

Liked 12 Times in 9 Posts

To my knowledge I don't know any Muslims, but to have a "rally" on this particular day shows either an utter lack of forethought...or respect. Now the fact that the park service folks actually gave them a permit knowing the group and the day it was to take place now that is telling. Would they give the Klan a permit for lets say MLK day? Don't think so.
Old 09-11-2013, 04:26 PM   #13
Tar Heel

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzinhalfdozen View Post
To my knowledge I don't know any Muslims, but to have a "rally" on this particular day shows either an utter lack of forethought...or respect. Now the fact that the park service folks actually gave them a permit knowing the group and the day it was to take place now that is telling. Would they give the Klan a permit for lets say MLK day? Don't think so.
Very well said sir.
Old 09-11-2013, 05:38 PM   #14
frank m

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Today is one of those days you count your blessings
Watching the 9/11 coverage this morning i could not help remembering that morning.
I had family and friends who worked in NYC and spent hours calling them eventually getting in touch with everyone hours later,only to hear storys of bravery by our FDNY,NYPD and all first responders.
say what you want about New Yorkers being cold and full of self indulgence but not on that day EVERYONE became one and reached out to help anyone
Thats what make NYC the best city in the world
and Osam binladen you can kiss my Italian *** rot in hell
Old 09-12-2013, 09:03 AM   #15
Mike Taylor 3601
VIP Member

Liked 116 Times in 48 Posts

My wife and I have pictures of us and son we took on top of World Trade Center observation deck in Aug 98,my grandmother and aunt lived in Staten Island,that trip always will be in my memory it was last time I saw my Grandmother she passed in 99 and have pictures from trade center that can't be done again.
My wife and I plan on revisiting when buildings are complete,she went last year and saw the memorial,we'll get pictures from top again!!

Not trying to get off thread,I don't keep up with news etc.much,but I have noticed after 911 all I heard was how President Bush should talk and negotiate with sadam & alquieda(spelling?) but over the Syria deal I'm not hearing the talk it out stuff?

Thank's to all our First Responders that gave so much and remember all who lost their lives trying to save others Armed Forces that have made sacrifices since 911 and still are.Thanks to our Veterans that have done and sacrificed so much in the past.

Mike Taylor 3601
Mike Taylor 3601 is offline   Reply With Quote