HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 04-05-2007, 09:04 AM   #21
Michael Beard
VIP Member

Liked 12 Times in 8 Posts

I'll hang on the fence and watch you make a run any day, Scott! :-D Those runs at MIR last year were phenomenal.

Michael Beard
Staging Light Graphic Design & Printing
Duck Tape/Loctite Racing
J/CM '80 Volare 360 Magnum - World Record Holder
Old 04-05-2007, 11:18 AM   #22
Scott Gove

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

micheal if it will stop snowing up here i plan to be there next weekend. 12" to 18 " today. raking lawn in t-shirt yesterday. see you there?

Old 04-05-2007, 11:23 AM   #23
Dave Ribeiro
VIP Member

Liked 56 Times in 27 Posts

This is where NHRA has created a big problem !!! I agree that anytime you set a record or get the index hit you should be looked at...I don't care who it is or what they run for a car , NO Index or HP adjustment til they have been torn down and found legal !!!! This keeps racing honest for all the other guys who get caught in the middle with Index and HP changes....So if you want to go fast be ready to be torn down and checked as far as gas, scales etc on those runs....This is the only fair way to keep the sport in check, No Adjustments til the car has passed a teardown that day....What does everyone think ??? This has been happening
all along and no-one seems to care or has said anything ????
Doesn't that bother anyone.!!!..Anyway nothing against Arnie, whom I have known for a long time, but we need to stop NHRA throwing around HP + Index changes without teardowns to check out the cars............... This has nothing to do with the people who go fast , but more to do with everyone who gets adjusted HP+ Index
adjustments... just my 2 cents.... Dave...1033/stock

Old 04-05-2007, 04:46 PM   #24
icebrrrg

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Gotta agree with Ray as to the relevance of the index hit. Chances are if you're like 99.99% of the SS field, you are dialing well below the index on race day anyway...so whatever the index is seems to matter little. The only difference would seem to be qualifying position (for what it's worth). Outside of being less likely to make the cut in the prestigious top 16 qualifiers that National Dragster posts in the upper right corner, I don't see why qualifying position would mean anything. To cite a recent example of how little qualifying means, the SS winner at the Orlando LODRS was the 74th qualifier (Jim Harrington) in a 79 car field, while runner up Pierpont only qualified 63rd.

Maybe I'm just missing something about why the index hit would matter. If so, I would appreciate it if somebody from the community would educate me.
icebrrrg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 05:17 PM   #25
John Kelley

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Quote:
Maybe I'm just missing something about why the index hit would matter. If so, I would appreciate it if somebody from the community would educate me.
Maybe not making the field at INDY........

John Kelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 06:02 PM   #26
icebrrrg

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Thanks John - point well taken. While looking at most cases, I merely left out the biggest race.[:-stong-:]

"Some days it just doesn't pay to gnaw through the restraints."
icebrrrg is offline   Reply With Quote