HOME MAGAZINE FORUM RULES SPONSORS CONTACT
     
   
   
 
Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2018, 09:04 AM   #1
Tom Meyer
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Pierce NE
Posts: 623
Default Richard Freeman on prostock on CP

Just read the story on comption plus, what Richard Freeman has to say about the future of pro stock. I think in runs side by side with what's happening in stock and super stock as well.RICHARD FREEMAN: TIME TO GET POSITIVE ABOUT PRO STOCK. Tom
__________________
Tom Meyer 5240 SS Stock ???
Tom Meyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 09:07 AM   #2
X-TECH MAN
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Lake Placid, Florida
Posts: 2,943
Angry Re: Richard Freeman on prostock on CP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Meyer View Post
Just read the story on comption plus, what Richard Freeman has to say about the future of pro stock. I think in runs side by side with what's happening in stock and super stock as well.RICHARD FREEMAN: TIME TO GET POSITIVE ABOUT PRO STOCK. Tom
Stock does not exist anymore. Its a made up name for a class that NHRA just happens to run as a filler for the Fuel cars and other so called pro's.
X-TECH MAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 09:40 AM   #3
jmcarter
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Richmond Hill GA (and Port Ludlow WA)
Posts: 2,380
Default Re: Richard Freeman on prostock on CP

Freeman lost a lot of credibility in my book over the whole Mopar deal. If Pro Stock is in a sad state it's because he helped make it that way. The 'any body' rule is just a cheap ploy to lease engines so that they can continue to exist a bit longer.

As for CP, they're running a poll about making National Events two day affairs. Gee, wonder who would suffer under that plan? It's not hard to see NHRA doing exactly that....Fuel, Pro Mod, Factory Stock, Harley Fuel and a few other exhibition classes. Hope I'm wrong but would not be surprised.
__________________
Jim Carter
2340 Stock
2340 SST/2340 Super Stock
jmcarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 09:37 PM   #4
Mike Jones
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 364
Default Re: Richard Freeman on prostock on CP

http://www.competitionplus.com/drag-...bout-pro-stock
Mike Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 10:06 PM   #5
MR DERBY CITY
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Derby City, USA
Posts: 1,034
Default Re: Richard Freeman on prostock on CP

Very interesting article that revealed the NHRA not only slashed the round money but ALSO cut the winner money in Pro Stock .....WOW......and I thought they only treated stock and superstock like red headed step children........it's equal opportunity.....LOL !!!!!!!
MR DERBY CITY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 09:12 AM   #6
nhramnl
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 177
Talking Re: Richard Freeman on prostock on CP

NHRA slashed Pro Stock round money and payouts? If that trend continues, the Pro Stocks will soon be running their qualifying sessions at midnight, right after the Junior Dragsters, snowmobiles and jet cars. You'll see them in the staging lanes, with a towel on their windshield, in hopes of being able to at least partially see where they're going, in the dew. On other occasions, they'll get called to the lanes, sit there for an hour, and then be told to go back to their pit. They'll be pitted a mile and a half from the staging lanes, in the dirt. And if the weather isn't perfect, they won't get any qualifying shots at all, so the other 198 categories at the event can get a time trial.
nhramnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 09:31 AM   #7
jmcarter
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Richmond Hill GA (and Port Ludlow WA)
Posts: 2,380
Default Re: Richard Freeman on prostock on CP

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhramnl View Post
NHRA slashed Pro Stock round money and payouts? If that trend continues, the Pro Stocks will soon be running their qualifying sessions at midnight, right after the Junior Dragsters, snowmobiles and jet cars. You'll see them in the staging lanes, with a towel on their windshield, in hopes of being able to at least partially see where they're going, in the dew. On other occasions, they'll get called to the lanes, sit there for an hour, and then be told to go back to their pit. They'll be pitted a mile and a half from the staging lanes, in the dirt. And if the weather isn't perfect, they won't get any qualifying shots at all, so the other 198 categories at the event can get a time trial.
We been there, done that!
__________________
Jim Carter
2340 Stock
2340 SST/2340 Super Stock
jmcarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 01:28 PM   #8
jmcarter
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Richmond Hill GA (and Port Ludlow WA)
Posts: 2,380
Default Re: Richard Freeman on prostock on CP

Rumor on CompetitionPlus is NHRA is planning on raising purse to $7500 for Fuel 17/18 non-qualifiers, furthermore at the expense of Pro Stock purses. Sure seems like they want Pro Stock to just go away to avoid one of those nasty little lawsuits like Pro Stock Truck. The Winternationals will be very interesting, suppose testing at Bradenton and Phoenix this month will tell who is cramming a leased GM motor from Elite or Gray into their Darts and Mustangs. The Fox coverage at the Winters won't be as interesting without a Warren Johnson to stick a microphone in front of to ask about the current state of Pro Stock...doubt the average viewer will know who Richard Freeman even is.
__________________
Jim Carter
2340 Stock
2340 SST/2340 Super Stock
jmcarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 05:55 PM   #9
X-TECH MAN
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Lake Placid, Florida
Posts: 2,943
Cool Re: Richard Freeman on prostock on CP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmcarter View Post
Rumor on CompetitionPlus is NHRA is planning on raising purse to $7500 for Fuel 17/18 non-qualifiers, furthermore at the expense of Pro Stock purses. Sure seems like they want Pro Stock to just go away to avoid one of those nasty little lawsuits like Pro Stock Truck. The Winternationals will be very interesting, suppose testing at Bradenton and Phoenix this month will tell who is cramming a leased GM motor from Elite or Gray into their Darts and Mustangs. The Fox coverage at the Winters won't be as interesting without a Warren Johnson to stick a microphone in front of to ask about the current state of Pro Stock...doubt the average viewer will know who Richard Freeman even is.
Top Fool and Ha Ha cars are not worth the extra money. NHRA should have put the $$$$$ into Stock, and Super Stock.
X-TECH MAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 09:33 PM   #10
James Perrone
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: LONG ISLAND N.Y.
Posts: 934
Default Re: Richard Freeman on prostock on CP

I was reading on Facebook that at the Charlotte 4 wide
Nhra has invited 8 Grudge cars to entertain the crowd
The circus has now jumped the shark. Clown Cars and all
. Pro Stock doomed. No prep racing next.
__________________
james perrone 1290 STK
James Perrone is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:38 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © Class Racer.com. All Rights Reserved. Designated trademarks and brands are the property of their respective owners.Ad Management plugin by RedTyger