HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > .90 Heads Up Class Racing

Old 11-04-2007, 01:57 PM   #11
Jeff Niceswanger

Liked 838 Times in 292 Posts
Default Re: Linn Bebout was in a near fatal car accident on Sunday night

Thanks for keeping us posted Angie.We will keep him in our prayers. It's just a horrible thing to happen to such a nice family.
Old 11-04-2007, 03:13 PM   #12
TMAZ321

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to TMAZ321

Bob, Linda, Angie, and Robyn;

I have received several calls about Linn and Cole. The racing community has their hearts and prayers in your corner. This is so tough, we are thinking of him every minute.

Travis
TMAZ321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 04:15 PM   #13
Angie Webb

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Saturday was very tough. A team of doctors started working on him at 2am and we were not certain he was stable till late afternoon. As the doctor said critical but stable. They made it very clear he won't be out of the woods for two weeks. He did try to open his eyes today and communicate. He can hear us so that is very promising.

Angie
Angie Webb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 04:51 PM   #14
Dick Butler
VIP Member

Liked 32 Times in 19 Posts
Thumbs up Re: Linn Bebout was in a near fatal car accident on Sunday night

Angie, thanks for the updates. Take care of yourselves too during this stessful time. Dick Butler
Dick Butler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 08:58 PM   #15
bj3648

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Linn has always been a feared and respected competitor in Super Street. I have missed seeing him and big blue during the last 2 years. Everytime I lined up against him I knew I was in for a fight. We are all praying for him at Racers for Christ. Lord, I pray that your hands will be on Linn and the Doctors that are working on him. Please give him a speedy recovery. His family needs him and we would love to see him back at the track. Lord let your will be done and may you be glorified in this situation.

Amen

B.J. Bennett
Good News Nova 3648
bj3648 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 04:15 PM   #16
Angie Webb

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Today Linn was stable enough to move him to do a CAT scan but during the scan things got unstable again. They continue to see small improvements in him. Such as he got a bit better early this morning but then after the scan he is the same place he was yesterday at this time. They have kept him on meds because they fear he will start pulling at the all the tubes in him. Which is common in a person of his age. But they are trying to give him less meds so that he can respond to them, not always working but somethings have gotten better. Such as they are giving him less pain medication. Which he did open his eyes this morning and look at my dad when he ask him to. But then the set back from the scan happened.

They have put a needle in his head to watch the pressure in his brain and it is staying at normal levels. That tells us that his brain is healing it's self and that it's not bleeding.

They are concerned about infection as he does have a fever. They have not been able to do a lung culture, they were hoping to do that today but didn't happen. So maybe Thursday........

So many of you have sent cards and that is very comforting to our family to know so many people care.

-a
Old 11-08-2007, 10:25 PM   #17
Watson Racing

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Sorry to here about linn, Our prayers will be for him and all the family he is a strong person and will pull this

RICK WATSON
Watson Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 10:41 AM   #18
Webster

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Talked to Angie late yesterday afternoon..................still described as "touch and go" but, stable.

Won't be out of the woods for several more days.............he needs lots of good thoughts right now!!!!!!!!
Webster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 10:53 AM   #19
Angie Webb

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

As of Friday night Linn is awake. It is unclear how much he understands, but does try to "talk" which with the vent doesn't work. He gets upset and frustrated. All of which are good and bad. The good part is he understands and knows we are there. The bad part is he understands and fights the vent. I told him last night that I would be back he looked right at me and blinked his eyes, I ask if he said "OK" and he blinked again. He has an infection that we are concerned about but hopefully the antibiotics will take care of it. His white count is very high. It went down when they had him on 5 antibiotics but took him off some because they thought they figured out what his infection was. Since then his white count went up so they put him back on all of them. They ask him if he's in pain and he shakes his head "no", this was just this morning. Today is going to be a tough day. He is awake, frustrated and wants his arms free, which they can't do because he will pull the tubes out. He's still very strong. They have turned his vent setting down today and will continue to do so over the next couple of days. His peep" is at 10 and to start considering taking him off that it needs to be at 7.5. Then move down below 5 or lower to take him off. They are still using it as a means to help heal his lungs.

Since he has become so aware of what's going on the medical staff has advised us that only family can go back into visit him right now. We certainly appericate all the support and it's really nice when some of you stop by and visit with our family. My Mom still hasn't left Columbus. She usually stays at a nearby hotel and is there all day. So stopping by to see her and Robyn his wife is good. My Dad went back to work this week. I'm going back to work next week also. (I was off because I had surgery when this happened.) Which will leave my Mom at the hosptial by herself alot more. So visitors to see our family (mosty my Mom and Robyn during the day) is great. They enjoy visiting with people.

He is aware of all the cards being sent as we can take them to his room and put them up so we have been doing that. The gifts and cards have been wonderful.

Thanks so much for your support and prayers.

-a

Last edited by Angie Webb; 11-10-2007 at 10:57 AM.
Old 11-10-2007, 02:16 PM   #20
Dave Goob Cook

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Horrible news, my thoughts and prayers for a successful recovery.
Dave Goob Cook is offline   Reply With Quote