HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > .90 Heads Up Class Racing

Old 12-06-2010, 02:47 PM   #1
TS310C

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Super class survey

Anyone get their super class survey email yet? I did and the survey was a little confusing, I thought. It was one question only and that was what you wanted your index to be. They gave 3 choices for S/G 9.90, 9.50 and 8.90. However, I don't know if I didn't read carefully enough or what, but I thought it was asking which class you raced so they could send you to the correct survey. Therefore, I clicked on 9.90. Now I know that I am the poster child for A.D.D. and that others may pay more attention (assuming the info was actually there) but if I did this then surely there are others that will do the same thing.
Old 12-06-2010, 03:00 PM   #2
Rick Bailey

Liked 10 Times in 7 Posts
Talking Re: Super class survey

Ryan.......from NHRA ?.............why don't you copy and paste for those that haven't or may not !!

Don't you just love it when the ADD kicks ,kicks,kicks, kicks,kicks, in !

Rick
Old 12-06-2010, 03:03 PM   #3
TruRacrMotorsports

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Super class survey

Here is what I have...I think things in all classes should stay how they are...what a bunch of balogna! One of the choices for SST is bracket racing...What the!? Is the West Coast smoking something!?

Dear Racer,
You are receiving this e-mail resultant to discussions between NHRA and the Sportsman Racers Advisory Council for the Super Categories. The discussion centered about the possibility of changing the index or manner of competition in Super Street. The SRAC representatives feel there is a need to lower the indexes by up to a full second in Super Comp and Super Gas, but did not feel that was warranted for the Super Street category. The discussion did raise some questions about Super Street however.

The manner of competition that is up for discussion would be the possibility of changing Super Street from its current state to a full tree category with class parameters of 10.00 to 10.99, dial your own index. The second question is to allow Super Street racers to run a second vehicle in another category at Lucas Oil Drag Racing Series events.

We are asking for your input to further this discussion. Please follow the link below to cast your vote to either leave indexes as they are or change to one of the options listed, and for the possibilities of change to the competition policies of your category.

Here is a link to the survey:

This poll is not intended to be a final determination of any change. It is simply a way for us to gather information to see if a change is even on the radar. Poll results will be published at nhra.com.
Thank you for your support of NHRA Drag Racing and Happy Holidays,
Mike Rice
NHRA Pacific Division Director
SRAC Super Category Chairperson
TruRacrMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 03:04 PM   #4
Tom Joseph

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Cool Re: Super class survey

I hope all of you think this out. As I get older I seem to be more thoughtfull of others and what I believe is if NHRA makes SG 8.90 and SC 7.90 they will lose part of their base. I have a SG car that will easily run 8.90 but some don't. Does NHRA think those that can't will just call up an engine builder and order a new 1000 HP motor for 15 to 25 grand just because NHRA and some people that didn't think this out said so. Nope won't happen they will go to IHRA or bracket race and the car counts will go down. NHRA is the one that stands to lose the most here so I am confused as to why they are even thinking of this. I'm emailing NHRA and say just what I have said here. Merry Christmas to all.

Last edited by Tom Joseph; 12-06-2010 at 03:08 PM.
Tom Joseph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 03:05 PM   #5
TruRacrMotorsports

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Too early...that was my SST, this is what I just got for SC....

Dear Racer,
You are receiving this e-mail resultant to discussions between NHRA and the Sportsman Racers Advisory Council for the Super Categories. The discussion centered about the possibility of changing the indexes of Super Comp and Super Gas. The SRAC representatives feel there is a need to lower the indexes by up to a full second. Both categories have had the same index since their inception into NHRA competition and the SRAC feel the need to change is based upon safety and the need to keep pace with the growing phenomenon of having larger horsepower engines.

We are asking for your input to further this discussion. Please follow the link below to cast your vote to either leave indexes as they are or change to one of the options listed. If you are licensed for both categories, you will receive separate emails for each, as we would like to keep the class votes separate.

This poll is not intended to be a final determination for any possible change. It is simply a way for us to gather information to see if a change is even on the radar. Poll results will be published at nhra.com.

Here is a link to the survey:

Thank you for your support of NHRA Drag Racing and Happy Holidays,

Mike Rice
NHRA Pacific Division Director
SRAC Super Category Chairperson
TruRacrMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 03:08 PM   #6
Bryan Gillespie
Banned

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

got mine, faster,faster
FYI it did say do not forward and to those who do there will be red lights in 2011, LMAO
Bryan Gillespie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 03:13 PM   #7
PAT 3340

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Question Re: Super class survey

scotty, do you sit at the computer all day???
PAT 3340 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 03:22 PM   #8
Rick Bailey

Liked 10 Times in 7 Posts
Angry Re: Super class survey

Sorry kiddies,, if the classes change, Hayden and I will be done !.....................At best, (with fresh rebuild) I'm good for 8 teens................... I'll be damned if I spend 20g for and eng and convertor. And because some folks knocked the **** out of the indexes because of MPH.

Thats right ! I said it ...............lol

Rick
Old 12-06-2010, 04:08 PM   #9
TS310C

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I don't know that I have really spent much time thinking about this. I guess I can see both sides. For me, if I want to go faster I just enter S/C. I ran a couple of races with the Midwest Super Comp guys last year and had a blast. I was able to do that without NHRA changing any indexes. If some of the fast super comp cars want to go faster I suppose they could run T/D. There are some races that would be hard to qualify for, but that is what a 100hp shot of nitrous is for. LOL I don't know, a big part of me says leave well enough alone. If anyone actually thinks it will put more spectators in the stands they are dreaming. Until NHRA decides to give tickets away like ADRL and Norwalk they won't get any more spectators at these races.

I guess the other side is that these indexes have been the same since the inception of the class and all other classes have gotten faster. But then again, the super classes are different than the other classes.

Whatever, my brain hurts! LOL
Old 12-06-2010, 04:18 PM   #10
Jeremy Lehrke

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Clutch Man-

1) There is hardly anyone in the stands that watch super class cars anyway...and the people that are there are usually standing as close to the finish line as possible, as high up as they can, most of which are either friends, family, or other racers.

2) If the indexes are adjusted all that is gonna happen in a year or two is that the guys who can still afford to .90 race will have motors/cars that are capable of running way under the index. Eventually the cars are going to be sitting on the stop like they are now, maybe not quite as long as now, but on the stop none the less.

In my opinion the .90 class cars should stay the same. Same tree, same index. If I wanna go faster I will, but I don't need it to be mandatory because NHRA changed the index in the class I'm running.

Just my .02

Lehrke
Jeremy Lehrke is offline   Reply With Quote