Default Re: NHRA rules for everyone but STEVE TORRANCE

Autostart ? It works for us!
Larry Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 08:52 AM   #32
BKSG1198
VIP Member

Liked 984 Times in 299 Posts

So not coming to Steve defense because it was totally wrong but, this isn’t the first time racers have gotten into each other’s faces and nothing was done about it. All the arm chair racers on FB calling that Steve’s championship should be taken away, etc. should there be some sort of fine or something yup, docking of points...never know. I mean we all know if one of us did it, we’d be suspended or fined...heck we crash our cars cause a motor blows and rather then a dam, that sucks we get a fine for “oiling the track” as you put your wadded up racecar into the trailer. So how about...

Millican vs Herbert at Maple Grove
Force vs. Pedregon at Indy
Laughlin vs Tanner Grays Crew at Houston
Whit Bazemore vs Everyone...lol

The thing is this has been happening for years and the racers from the 70’s & 80’s are sitting back laughing because they used to have flat out fist fights and rolling in the dirt altercations. Problem is nobody had FS1 or Facebook to complain about it.

I don’t think anyone could honestly say after a round loss or win against maybe someone you don’t like or plays games on the line that you haven’t showed your emotions and went to say something to that person
BKSG1198 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 09:06 AM   #33
Bob Bender
VIP Member

Liked 372 Times in 80 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKSG1198 View Post
So not coming to Steve defense because it was totally wrong but, this isn’t the first time racers have gotten into each other’s faces and nothing was done about it. All the arm chair racers on FB calling that Steve’s championship should be taken away, etc. should there be some sort of fine or something yup, docking of points...never know. I mean we all know if one of us did it, we’d be suspended or fined...heck we crash our cars cause a motor blows and rather then a dam, that sucks we get a fine for “oiling the track” as you put your wadded up racecar into the trailer. So how about...

Millican vs Herbert at Maple Grove
Force vs. Pedregon at Indy
Laughlin vs Tanner Grays Crew at Houston
Whit Bazemore vs Everyone...lol

The thing is this has been happening for years and the racers from the 70’s & 80’s are sitting back laughing because they used to have flat out fist fights and rolling in the dirt altercations. Problem is nobody had FS1 or Facebook to complain about it.

I don’t think anyone could honestly say after a round loss or win against maybe someone you don’t like or plays games on the line that you haven’t showed your emotions and went to say something to that person
The big difference is he assaulted him. He should have been sent packing at that point.

Last edited by Bob Bender; 11-18-2019 at 09:09 AM.
Bob Bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 09:21 AM   #34
BKSG1198
VIP Member

Liked 984 Times in 299 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Bender View Post
The big difference is he assaulted him. He should have been sent packing at that point.
Great so now all the times I’ve grabbed your butt your going to get me suspended for sexual harassment....lol
BKSG1198 is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 11-18-2019, 09:24 AM   #35
Bob Bender
VIP Member

Liked 372 Times in 80 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bksg1198 View Post
great so now all the times i’ve grabbed your butt your going to get me suspended for sexual harassment....lol
Yep !!!!!!l
LMAO

Last edited by Bob Bender; 11-18-2019 at 09:31 AM.
Bob Bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 09:27 AM   #36
Dano

Liked 53 Times in 33 Posts

should of been handled just like crossing the line......which he did
Dano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 10:03 AM   #37
stock1080

Liked 81 Times in 36 Posts

another thing I got out of this was that Tony Pedregon comment "that he should have just gotten out of Steve's way" because he was running for a world title. Really? we all do that, right? He is the worst "play by play" man ever. Greg Anderson really takes the cake also, Erica just won and he couldn't wait to say something, good lord.
stock1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 11-18-2019, 10:54 AM   #38
jmcarter
VIP Member

Liked 2,705 Times in 853 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by stock1080 View Post
another thing I got out of this was that Tony Pedregon comment "that he should have just gotten out of Steve's way" because he was running for a world title. Really? we all do that, right? He is the worst "play by play" man ever. Greg Anderson really takes the cake also, Erica just won and he couldn't wait to say something, good lord.
Agree on Pedregon of course but since I zip through the DVR pretty quick during the Pros, what did Anderson say? Keep in mind that EE had ripped him pretty much all weekend and Greg is a pretty intense guy.
jmcarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 11:41 AM   #39
bigshow2966

Liked 81 Times in 35 Posts
Talking Re: NHRA rules for everyone but STEVE TORRANCE

Quote:
Pedregon was just used to "getting out of the way" when he was driving for Force.......
bigshow2966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 11-18-2019, 12:02 PM   #40
Bobby DiDomenico

Liked 88 Times in 45 Posts

Quote:
another thing I got out of this was that Tony Pedregon comment "that he should have just gotten out of Steve's way" because he was running for a world title. Really? we all do that, right? He is the worst "play by play" man ever.
Surprised when they mentioned he took a long time to stage, that nothing was said about the Official Starter being in control on the line. Curious what everyone thinks Buster would have done. If he was dawdling that much and fuel load is a safety concern why not shut him off and send Torrance on a single? The only part of the event we didn't fast forward through was that and the Force vs Hight match up.
Bobby DiDomenico is offline   Reply With Quote