HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > .90 Heads Up Class Racing

Old 01-31-2010, 07:30 PM   #11
luckydog

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: national trails super series

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Hoskinson View Post
Obviously I enjoyed it, but I have heard alot of other racers who don't. The Sportsman class, Pro class, Bikes, and even some of the Super Pro class racers are tired of being at the track all day long to get 2 time shots and first round completed by 5pm.
I somewhat agree with you Bill, however, it's not like we were there every weekend. I for one hate seeing this series go away. Us .90 guys are losing places to race in a hurry, especially if your an IHRA guy in Division 3. What we had going at Trails was a good thing, and it sucks that there wasn't more support for it. I didn't support it nearly as much as I would have liked to, they just always seemed to schedule races on top of IHRA stuff. As far as the race at Edgewater, I would consider it if there was a .90 race each day.
Old 01-31-2010, 07:41 PM   #12
Ron Finney

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I like racing D-3 at NTR, but it is 3+hours away. Edgewater will only be a little over an hour, so depending on the schedule I am going to try and make it.

Ron
Old 01-31-2010, 08:41 PM   #13
kmyers

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Bill, So what I am understanding from your post is that none of the other racers care for the Super Series, trust me, I didn't like getting out of there late either, but I think there could have been other things done to accommodate the time restraints. I know they limited the time runs to one on Sunday and they couldn't help the breakage. I know the crew works hard and do an excellent job to get us on the track the best and safest they can with what they have to work with.
NTR ran the Super Series 6 times out of the several weeks they were open, and four of those days were scheduled on Saturday/Sunday events. That makes it a 4 weekend series. How does the Super Series entries compare to the Super 32 which is still on the schedule as a full series.
Hey Bob, I'm not sure Rex would survive driving that far w/ Penny or is that Penney surviving. LOL

Last edited by kmyers; 01-31-2010 at 09:09 PM. Reason: adding to it
kmyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 10:21 PM   #14
Cisco Kid

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Cisco Kid

we were planning on running 2 cars in super street,and we are close to sealing a deal on a 3rd car,and we also planned on running the entire super series this year,i am sure once i tell dad he will be pretty bummed out,he was looking forward to it this year ;-(
Cisco Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 10:24 PM   #15
Cisco Kid

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Cisco Kid

plus my dad used to tell me a bout the weds night super series they had many years ago,i think that would be pretty awesome
Cisco Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 07:05 PM   #16
Bill Hoskinson

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Kenny,

I hear what you are saying, but when I heard that NTR was going to cut a time trial on Sunday to help get things done faster on Sunday, I thought to myself.... 'not good"

It really didn't bother me... But look at this from the other racers stand point that are not participating in the Super Series. They lost a time trial, but the Super Series guys are still getting 2 because most of us were racing Super Pro as well.

So now you have people who are still sitting all day and only getting one time shot. I'm not trying to talk down anyone, or any group of racers, but the fact is alot of these guys change things on thier cars to try and make them better, or most consistant, and one time shot on Sunday is simply not enough. Plus, these same folks watch us screwing around in the staging lanes being paired up on a ladder system, (which I love btw) but it wastes alot of time, and I think things like that attract alot of negative attention from other racers.

I do agree that there are other things that could be done to help keep things moving faster. But that is totally out of my hands.
Bill Hoskinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 07:14 PM   #17
Bill Hoskinson

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I think it's important for us to learn and understand all the different factors that lead to the demise of the Super Series, so that if we ever get the chance to put another series together, we can avoid the same pitfalls.

I love racing Super Street, and I would love to see a series put together. Last year I posted a topic on DRR asking what people thought about a traveling series that mirrored the Carolina Coalition Races.

There were alot of people who were interested. But as hard as it is to put a schedule together at just one track, making a schedule work well for everyone at 5 or 6 different tracks is 5-6 times harder.

Just my .02.
Bill Hoskinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 10:27 PM   #18
kmyers

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I understand it's a business and Layton has to take care of the track that way. If it means for him to remove a class to accommodate the majority, then that is what he needs to do, but he's eliminating the added income for cars that are already there. I loved what Joe did with the ladder and setting us up while the other super classes were on the track. All said, besides the weather, I think last year went well (w/ Joe's help) and the car count seemed to increase from the previous year, except Super gas, which seemed to be pretty low. I'm just a little frustrate with the fact that we only have the Divisionals to race .90 heads up racing. I really enjoy racing that way.

P.S. It's Kevin
kmyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 10:37 PM   #19
Bob Verwold

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hay... P.S. It's Kevin, do you owe Joe some money .................
Bob Verwold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 01:44 AM   #20
mitch sowers

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Super gas has always been the weak class , as far as car count at NTR super series races.
Do away with super gas at these races, if they want to go 90 style racing, run S/ST OR SUPER COMP. These two always get the car counts.
Mitch & Zee
366P S/ST
S/G
mitch sowers is offline   Reply With Quote