HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > .90 Heads Up Class Racing
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 06-21-2010, 01:41 PM   #1
schultz

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default Byron Pro Am?

Where was everybody? Gauranteed payout plus national event contingecy pay for Sunday. No IHRA membership needed, and Byron is a nice clean facility and they treat everbody good. Yet no one supports it. People piss and moan about NHRA, and yet when there is a laid back, fun atmosphere, good paying race nobody comes. I just don't get it. I know Joliet ran two weeks in row before this event and NHRA D5 was in Denver, but only 80 cars? Come on.

Schultz
schultz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 03:21 PM   #2
Bill Baer

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: Byron Pro Am?

I'm sorry to here there was a low car count at Byron (we love racing there) but the timing was bad, Most of us raced 4 of the last 5 weekends in a row with the last two being long weather delayed marathons at Joliet.
So in order to heal up our wallets, and promote domestic tranquillity we took last weekend off.
I too am disappointed for Ron and BJ they have earned better support.
Old 06-22-2010, 03:25 PM   #3
TS310C

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

We had planned to attend, but like the others have said it was just too many races in a row. I have to do my yard work sometime. LOL I am sorry to hear there was a poor car count, we would have like to come. We do like the place and it is close to home. Hopefully they will be able to do this again next year.
Old 06-23-2010, 10:40 AM   #4
Michael Lyons

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Like some said all the races in a row in this region doesn't help. Not to mention this time of year there are alotta graduation parties to go to. And of course everyone sitting around on saturday of last years event, waiting for the water to stop perculating thru the track didn't help much. Which funny thing happened again this year. I also don't think the racers who were there last year appreciate the track owner? getting on the p.a. and bitchin about the car count and saying they would have to evaulate whether or not they would have this race again next year was too good for business this year.. imho
However the track was really good this year, they did a better job of managing the burn box so you didn't have wet tires after doing your burnout. The personel from the track I've dealt with have always been friendly and with the low car count was able to get outta there early enough on sunday to still get home on sunday this year I had a swell time...
Michael Lyons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 12:07 PM   #5
Bill Baer

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

"I had a swell time... "

Byron is my favorite track because of the laid back atmosphere it's hard not to have a good time there.
Old 06-24-2010, 06:48 AM   #6
TS310C

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Michael has a good point... There are a lot of racers that are tired of listening to the track owner on the PA. Include me in that category. I had a run in with him about 4 years ago and I have not been back since. I did decide to give it another shot for this race, but couldn't make it for other reasons. However, he is extremely annoying and rude! We were there one year when it was raining. After it had been raining for around 2 hours and when we walked outside to see what was going on, he was still running his mouth on the PA. Amazing!