HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > .90 Heads Up Class Racing

Old 03-29-2010, 07:48 PM   #11
THE LEGEND
VIP Member

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: what is wrong with the national events

Sounds like it is'nt just z-mzx but every national event NHRA & IHRA. It's been that way since last october. When are the powers that be going to realize HOUSTON WE HAVE A PROBLEM.
THE LEGEND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 07:51 PM   #12
Tom Joseph

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Cool Re: what is wrong with the national events

You want a reply here it is...THAT PLACE BLOWS! Same crap last year in the fall but they did finally prep it correctly,in the fall. All three qualifying laps,this week, I was side ways and second qual I was beside Steve Cohen and I could hear him spinning with his motor reving infact he was so pissed he made it known to the boys up in the tower. I bought a new set of tires although the 2032 Goodyears only had 50 runs, and got down first round but blew a fuse in my stop and it never closed so I ran a 9.13 DUH. I'm to reliant on that stop even knocking off 25 mph so I was a sitting duck. I doubt if I'll go back there unless we have some promise of a better surface. My SC Dragster has a big motor but big tires to and I had no problem getting down in it but I watched as much SG as I could and like the other person said 50% or so went down. Lets don't forget how horrible Atlanta was a few weeks ago to. Belagio my as.....
Tom Joseph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 07:51 PM   #13
Robbie Welch
Live Reporter

Liked 262 Times in 124 Posts

I have to agree, what a beautiful track but the racing surface was absolutely terrible for sportsman cars. I have a low HP S/ST car and had trouble getting down the track Friday, I'm sure the guys with 140mph or faster in S/ST and the fast S/G cars had a hand full. I hope they can get it sorted out before some one gets hurt.
Robbie Welch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 08:55 PM   #14
Wade Mahaffey

Liked 17 Times in 7 Posts

Keith, you could have taken that money and bought a set of street tires, mufflers, and tags, and have some fun with me on the street. Take a break from the aggravation, till they get their stuff together. Then you can go back. Put mama in that mopar and come on up to Ocean City in May for the Cruzin O.C. It's alot of fun with no aggravation....leave your B/P meds at home...don't need um!

Oh....did I mention the all you can eat seafood !

Wade Mahaffey
Wade Mahaffey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 06:33 AM   #15
Tom DePascale

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I've run a few national events over the years but over the last couple the handwriting is on the wall they dont care about sportsman racers. I like going to national events to see my friends & have a chance to get the Big Wally & contingency money but as we can all see thats is going down hill.ZMax is a beautiful place but it is all about the show not for me anymore.Ive owned my Vega since 1989 it weighs 2900 lbs goes 150@ 9.90 that was the 3rd time since I owned it that it would not make it down the track! Warren Johnson said it a few years ago that they are ruining the sport for 32 cars he hit the nail right on head!
Tom DePascale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 07:35 AM   #16
Chuck Westcott

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Red face Re: what is wrong with the national events

I too did the slip and slide 2 step dance about 800 ft out, last time run and 1st round.
I dropped 1/4 lb out of my tires to help, but it was like ice down track. I've heard that there are issues with the traction compound but don't know for sure. Just a real shame we all invest time and $$ for such a waste of runs. See you at Div 3 in Indy in a few weeks.
Old 03-30-2010, 07:36 AM   #17
Bryan Gillespie
Banned

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I think Gary has some video of the camaro on a slip and slide pass if he can share.
Bryan Gillespie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 10:30 AM   #18
Jeff Beckman

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Jeff Beckman
Angry Re: what is wrong with the national events

I have never been on so many marginal tracks as this year. I have lost traction at Atlanta and Gainesville. I have no Idea what they are doing different but but WOW this is not OK! If any of you Dick Heads in charge actualy read, your going to kill someone.
Old 03-30-2010, 10:58 AM   #19
63corvette

Liked 279 Times in 87 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Beckman View Post
I have never been on so many marginal tracks as this year. I have lost traction at Atlanta and Gainesville. I have no Idea what they are doing different but but WOW this is not OK! If any of you Dick Heads in charge actualy read, your going to kill someone.
I agree with Jeff.
Something has changed this year over last year.
I do not know what but something has changed.
Only NHRA knows.
From East coast to West coast it is the same problem.
NHRA has always been known to get the show done no matter what but this year is totally out of hand.
My 2 Cents
63corvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 11:21 AM   #20
jim1761

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I have been trying to talk Kevin Sway into this but I am wondering how many people out there would be interested? Have a .90 Gamblers weekend (Similiar to the Mitchell races)
3 races- fri,sat, sun run the .90 classes with Top Sportsman and Dragster....No dealing with NHRA or sticker money.... cash at the end of the day
jim1761 is offline   Reply With Quote