HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > .90 Heads Up Class Racing

Old 07-08-2012, 10:56 AM   #1
Charlie Yannetti

Liked 179 Times in 77 Posts
Default Cecil County Question

I know that since last season, Cecil County Dragway was suppossedly dug up and re-done..

Can anyone give us a progress report on the track??.. and can anyone who has raced there recently fill us in on the track conditions??.. did the improvements actually improve the track, or is this going to be a " Skip This One" race??..

I don't recall anything being posted since the pictures of the machines on the track.. and I would hope that they also improved the down track lighting, since they seem to like to run us after dark..

Thanks in advance for the info..
Charlie Yannetti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 12:31 PM   #2
Glenn Quinn

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Cecil County Question

I was at Cecil on 16-Jun testing the SG set up. The starting line is great as always. I did not have any issues until it starter to get very hot in the afternoon. On the 1:30 pass I drive it a lot, on the next pass at 2:20, I drove it a very lot to stay off the wall. I packed it up and went home. All of my passes were in the Left lane to get data. I was told the “bump” in the right lane is still there.
Glenn Quinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 02:14 PM   #3
Prostreetbird

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

The ''bump" was always in the left lane about the 1100' mark. Right lane was about .02 faster for years.
Prostreetbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 02:50 PM   #4
Keith 944
VIP Member

Liked 1,641 Times in 520 Posts

tested there about 2 weeks ago. bump in left lane still there, believe it or not, we were stopped for about an hour due to water seeping up at the concrete to asphalt junction around 700'. i would prob. go anyway, but have to be your call on this one....
Keith 944 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 08:17 AM   #5
BKSG1198
VIP Member

Liked 983 Times in 299 Posts

Charlie,

From what I was told from a few good sources is that the final polish has not been applied to the surface as of yet. They ran out of time before the season was supposed to start and never got it completed. I was told after the MASGA Race on August 11th & 12th they are going to bring the equipment in and finish off the final polish for the points meet.

Hey Charlie maybe you should come on down to the MASGA Race the weekend before just to try it out...oh yeah and we have a HUGE BBQ on Saturday Night! See ya at Atco!

Rob Keister
BKSG1198 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 04:07 PM   #6
BKSG1198
VIP Member

Well to answer your question from about a month ago after this weekend's MASGA Race...

It seemed to be mixed reviews about the new surface from what I heard from Racers. I personally was not in the car but, Dad drove and said it was very bumpy in the right lane and felt like he had 70 pounds of air in the rear tires. The Lighting is still the same and has not changed. The track looks really, really smooth on the starting line and the walls are pushed out further. We had a good size storm roll through Saturday Night but, no issues with weepers on Sunday at all. I'm sure a few other guys who ran this weekend might chim in to give you a better feel as to how the track is...
Old 08-13-2012, 09:50 PM   #7
Tom Goldman
VIP Member

Liked 699 Times in 203 Posts

Not perfect, but way better than before.
some shock adj .necessary ,yes.
still miles better than Lebanon Valley.ripples on the driveshaft graph, not saw teeth!
Traction was better than it's ever been and the track crew was constantly grooming the track.
Some timing discrepencies that hopefully will be addressed when Dave Mohn goes over the lights.
If they put a final grind and polish on it , It will be as nice as Epping , Atco and Numidia.
Old 08-14-2012, 08:46 AM   #8
Charlie Yannetti

Liked 179 Times in 77 Posts

Thanks guys.. there was no doubt that I would be there with the SG car, and like Tom said, maybe a little shock adjustment..

I was more concerned about the A/ED car that I'm working with as that's a different animal.. shocks not included.. LOL

If Tom says it will be as good as Epping or Atco, I have less worries..

THANKS AGAIN!!
Charlie Yannetti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 09:12 AM   #9
BKSG1198
VIP Member

I walked the track on Saturday Morning and like Tom said if they do the final grind on the track it will be just as good as some of the other ones we race on. Jim and his crew were out every-time before Super Gas went down the track to the 700 foot mark with the tractor making sure the track was in great shape. The burnout boxes were also done so you don't shoot left the minute you hit the gas. Overall it's a 110% improvement over last year so a big pat on the back to Jim and his crew.