HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > .90 Heads Up Class Racing

Old 07-31-2012, 11:14 AM   #1
BKSG1198
VIP Member

Liked 982 Times in 298 Posts
Default MASGA Rolls into Cecil County for the annual “Pig Roast”

The Mid Atlantic Super Gas Association (MASGA) will roll into Cecil County Dragway in Rising Sun, Md on August 11th & 12th for race # 7 & 8 of their 2012 season. This will be a great test & tune for any of the 9.90 racers who are planning on attending the NHRA Lucas Oil Points meet the following weekend. Cecil County & Track Manager Jim Halsey did a major over-haul in the off-season that included repaving the ¼ mile and adding concrete to the first 700 feet of the track which should make Cecil County one of the best tracks on the East Coast.

Points leader & Defending Series Champion Tom Goldman will be looking to hold onto his slim lead over Lance Kreiger & Pete Luciano going into race # 7 & 8. Sitting back in 4th place is George Smith and rounding out the Top 5 is Derek Clark. As always MASGA will offer 2 events in 1 weekend for all drivers. The entry fee is $70.00 per race (Paid to Lucky at his trailer) along with the gate fee to be paid to Cecil County at the enterance. Based on a 32 car field the payout to the winner will be $1,000.00 plus contingency from K&N Filters & Auto Meter. We welcome all racers and if you can run 9.90 come down and try out your luck with the MASGA Guys & Gals.

Gates will open at 5pm on Friday Night for anyone who would like to get in early and set-up for the weekend. MASGA will park over on the right side or grassy section of the track so it is easier to pair cars up for 1st round. Please look for markings on the field & asphalt that is set-up for the Junior Dragsters. These are reserved spots and must be left open for the Juniors when they come in on Sunday. On Saturday gates open at 8am with racing getting started at 9am. All drivers will receive 2 time shots before being placed on a sportsman ladder. The higher qualified car will receive lane choice for 1st round only. On Saturday Night all drivers, family and crew are invited over to the Donhauser’s pits to partake in an honored tradition that was started by the late Ronnie “Uncle Buck” Harple. The “Pig Roast” has become a staple for the MASGA crew throughout the years when they visit Cecil County and the tradition will continue even though “Uncle Buck” has unfortunately left us all too soon. On Sunday gates will once again open up at 8am with Junior Dragster kicking off the day followed by Cecil County’s regular bracket program and MASGA.

For more information on this event and the MASGA Series please call Pete Luciano at 610-246-6081 or e-mail Rob Keister at Rekeister@aol.com or on the world wide web at www.midatlanticsupergas.com or find us on www.facebook.com (search mid atlantic super gas).
BKSG1198 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 09:05 AM   #2
BKSG1198
VIP Member

Default Re: MASGA Rolls into Cecil County for the annual “Pig Roast”

Just some quick info for the weekend....

If you happen to get to the track before 10pm tomorrow night there will be a small gate fee to get in since they are normally running their street night / test & tune at the track. I think gates will still be open even if it does rain tomorrow night (50% chance) right now.

Also Lucky talked with Jim and you will NOT be allowed to leave your rigs at the track for the following LODRS Event. Jim said that they have to cut the grass and do some work to the area's surrounding the track so he asked if we could not leave the trailers at the track unless it is absolutely necessary!!
Old 08-10-2012, 10:31 AM   #3
BKSG1198
VIP Member

Gates will be open tonight at Cecil even if they rain out....also one last thing the PIG ROAST WILL go on Rain or Shine on Saturday. The Pig has already been purchased and will need to start cooking at about 5:30am so even if we don't race come on down and celebrate "Uncle Buck" as only he would want us too...

Last edited by BKSG1198; 08-10-2012 at 10:33 AM.
Old 08-11-2012, 08:04 PM   #4
Keith 944
VIP Member

Liked 1,641 Times in 520 Posts
Thumbs up Re: MASGA Rolls into Cecil County for the annual “Pig Roast”

I want to thank you guys again for letting me share in your pig roast. as always the food and hospitality are 1st class!
congrats Tom and George on the win and r-up.
see you guys again tomorrow and good luck,
Keith
Keith 944 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 06:55 AM   #5
MOVEMAN

Liked 11 Times in 2 Posts
Unhappy Re: MASGA Rolls into Cecil County for the annual “Pig Roast”

Carrying on the annual "Pig Roast" is something Uncle Buck would be proud of! Thanks to George, Linda, Ashley, Al, Moose and all who made it happen! I am soooo sorry I could not get there. Life sucks sometimes. When I heard about the memorial run it brought tears and the wish lanterns, well I just wish I was there! I miss the racing but mostly miss my racing friends! Congrats Tom & George for yesterday and good luck to all today! Be safe!
Rich
S/G 1490
MOVEMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 03:34 PM   #6
Tim Sheehan

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Couldn't have said it any better Rich...
Tim Sheehan is offline   Reply With Quote