HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > .90 Heads Up Class Racing
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 12-04-2007, 08:03 PM   #11
chebby2

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Talking Re: 2008 rules changes

Techdept. in Georgia div.race this year told me and Bob Fuller that the Hans device was coming soon too in the sportsman classes.It'll be real hard to spin your head around with that on..
chebby2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 08:13 PM   #12
GaryGoFast

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Red face Re: 2008 rules changes

"And why dont all fast cars need a SFI diaper ( ooppps wait buy a SFI one but we fooled you it only has to be "approved")...Are you telling me that my 496 cube 155 mph SG car is more likely to spit out the rods than the DIV1 SST champs 555 cube 150+ mph SST car ? (he will say yes cause I built it myself !)"

You mean "is more likely to spit out the rods than" anybody with a larger cid. Thanks for the kiss of death buddy.

"And what the heck....now I have to make up a rube goldberge pipe to add to my portable 1K generator that I use to charge my batteries that sticks above my tailer ? Oh wait...will it need to be SFI certified ?"

Dave, just leave the 1K on the roof , end of story.

"By the way I can see the writing on the wall that we will all need a HANS some time soon, I'm not against them but its a pretty expensive deal for a low budget racer...wait will it need to be SFI approved (of course until after you buy it then no)..."

Good thing I dont have to turn my head

Gary

Last edited by GaryGoFast; 12-04-2007 at 08:44 PM.
GaryGoFast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 08:27 PM   #13
GaryGoFast

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Red face Re: 2008 rules changes

9.4 Generators

All generators, air compressors, etc., that are powered by an internal combustion engine must have the exhaust directed up and above the top of the trailer, truck, RV, tent/awning, etc.

This has to only apply to I would think or at least hope to onboard generators, you def would have to rube something up to make some of those generators out there fit the bill. Seems like NHRA may be thinking of going into the small generator exhaust business or has a piece of a company that does.

Gary Federico
S/St #11
Old 12-04-2007, 10:35 PM   #14
Bryan Gillespie
Banned

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: 2008 rules changes

(Good thing I dont have to turn my head)
Gary

WANNA BET?
Bryan Gillespie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 07:48 AM   #15
SSTHottie1236

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Moreover, how about a rule for those idiots who put their annoying generators in their neighbor's pit spot? Me and my uncle were about to kill one of our neighbors at the Dutch who kept his on constantly and was loud as hell. Oh yeah, and he moved it about 15 feet in front of his truck so it was only 20 feet from us since we were parked perpendicular. If you don't want to hear it, why do you think we do? Have some consideration for your fellow racers.

Kelli
1236 S/ST
SSTHottie1236 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 11:40 AM   #16
ernie kendall

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

re drive shaft sensors: they know who the cheaters are. ban one for life and let us honest racers move on. i agree with the gen deal but they should be more specific on application. car is all back together after drive shaft and pinon gear let loose. boy was that a expensive hit.
ernie kendall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 01:34 PM   #17
Mackie Family Racing

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Ernie et al,

presume the full-face helmet rule is meant to deal with accidents like Chick Ross' -- although I recall that he was wearing a full-face helmet (unfortunately I think the visor was up, not down...).

interesting too that a methanol and/or NOS car quicker than 7.49 (T/D territory) will require a -15 firesuit and gloves/boots... lots of $$, and I believe the -15 stuff has an expiration of 5 years... that'll be a lot more expensive than the Gen-Turi (generator) exhaust kit...
Mackie Family Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 05:06 PM   #18
ernie kendall

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

re:scott mackie top dragster why' on the latter 1st round the fastest car say 6sec gets a 7.20 car check the stats. 6sec cars rarley get by 1st rd same in top sport. so why should someone run 6 sec when he can run s/c and not need all that 15 stuffn still go 211 in super comp have a chane at whinning a round or two. we all no going 6 sec is exp. it seem the throttle stop is easy on my car and track cond is not important. guess what i plan to next year
ernie kendall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 06:11 PM   #19
GaryGoFast

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

http://www.camco.net/Menu.cfm?SupCat...ProductId=2216

The least expensive exhaust for m/h or trailer.

Gary
Old 12-05-2007, 08:15 PM   #20
Bryan Gillespie
Banned

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Your so helpfull!! Too bad your going south or should I say too bad I'm headed NORTH !!
Bryan Gillespie is offline   Reply With Quote