HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 08-13-2015, 12:01 PM   #1
MikeFicacci

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Stocker in HotRod Magazine / www.hotrod.com

At the Maple Grove divisional race earlier this year, Hot Rod Magazine editor Elana Scherr jumped into the Resource1 Staffing 2014 Cobra Jet and did an amazing job wheeling the car. She wrote up a great story detailing her experience which is presently the top story on www.hotrod.com and will be a feature in the next Hot Rod Magazine.

Any time Stock/SuperStock racing gets this kind of press its good for us all. Hot Rod has hundreds of thousands of followers and Elana goes into great details describing the racer/fan-friendly atmosphere at our races and shines a new light on the category. We loved having her for the weekend and we just wanted to give everyone a chance to check out the story.

http://www.hotrod.com/features/1508-...a-jet-mustang/http://www.hotrod.com/features/1508-...a-jet-mustang/

Last edited by MikeFicacci; 08-13-2015 at 12:03 PM.
MikeFicacci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2015, 12:10 PM   #2
Billy Nees
VIP Member

Liked 7,240 Times in 1,620 Posts
Default Re: Stocker in HotRod Magazine / www.hotrod.com

Ask her if she would like to go "slumming" sometime! She can drive one of my cars and do a story on it! Put some real hod rodding in Hot Rod!

I'm OK..........it's everybody else.
Billy Nees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2015, 12:17 PM   #3
George W

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Nees View Post
Ask her if she would like to go "slumming" sometime! She can drive one of my cars and do a story on it! Put some real hod rodding in Hot Rod!
I agree put her in a real stocker
George W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2015, 12:18 PM   #4
MikeFicacci

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Billy Nees, I have no idea what you drive but Elana is a great writer that does all kinds of stories. She is open to anything and you can reach her on most social media outlets.
Old 08-13-2015, 12:35 PM   #5
Billy Nees
VIP Member

Mike, after re-reading my previous post, I may have come off as a bit harsh. Yes, any time Stock/Super Stock gets coverage like that it's a good thing for the sport. And I'm sure that there could be a good argument made that it's hot rodding, but is racing a Factory hot rod with the best of everything hot rodding or is it advertising? What I'm trying to say is, is taking something that has the best of everything and is fast to begin with hot rodding or is taking something that isn't fast and shouldn't be fast and making it fast hot rodding?
You, your Dad and your brothers do a real fine job taking these cars and making them faster than they already are but is it hot rodding?
And if you don't know who I am, you must walk around race tracks with your head in a bucket.

Old 08-13-2015, 12:35 PM   #6
Mike Delahanty
VIP Member

Liked 265 Times in 49 Posts

Wait ....... somebody doesn't know what Billy drives? Really?
Old 08-13-2015, 12:36 PM   #7
junior barns

Liked 21 Times in 15 Posts

Hey Mike, what car are you running at Indy this year??
junior barns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2015, 01:08 PM   #8
Bob Don
VIP Member

Liked 806 Times in 180 Posts

Nice article and a boost for Stock/Super Stock. Well done.
Old 08-13-2015, 01:11 PM   #9
Billy Nees
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Don View Post
Nice article and a boost for Stock/Super Stock. Well done.
Yes, it is and a good job.

Old 08-13-2015, 01:19 PM   #10
MikeFicacci

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Bill Nees, I'm not sure where you came up with your information or definition of the word hot rodding but you couldn't be further from the truth/spirit of either. This particular 2014 Cobra Jet started life as a body-in-white and was fabricated/assembled 90% by myself in my garage. I spent countless hours digging through junkyards looking for miscellaneous parts needed to complete the project as as a body-in-white car comes with absolutely nothing. All of the fabrication was done by myself, Ken Miele and others and the paint was done by a friend. This car absolutely does not have the best-of-everything as you had said and we have been tuning on it ever since trying to make it faster. For the first 2 years we campaigned a factory coyote engine and struggled...and are still struggling to get a handle on it. The only parts that are "factory" is the body-in-white and the original engine.

Secondly, my post was to highlight a story that will get out to the masses in Hot Rod magazine and shed positive light on NHRA drag racing. Replies like yours and others are baseless and uncalled for.

Micro Strategies and Resource 1 Staffing do more for the sport than most. We host over 1,000 spectators on a yearly basis at our ETown and Maple Grove Raceway suites and always make a point to invite fellow racers up for a chance to get out of the sun and get some complimentary drinks/food, we sponsor the NHRA Division 1 Jr. Dragster Championship, have sponsored the Jr. Dragster league at ETown Raceway for countless years, sponsored the Dutch Classic Factory Shootouts, worked with the SRAC and Lucas Oil to host informational events, sponsor NHRA Division 1 and countless others. We are supporting the youth of the sport across the east coast and are bringing new spectators to every event we attend. Other than PC Richard & Sons, I don't believe you will find many others who do as more as we do to support, advertise, and marketing NHRA drag racing as a whole.