Old 03-21-2013, 11:38 AM   #11
Jim Wahl
Banned

Liked 672 Times in 121 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Jim Wahl Send a message via Yahoo to Jim Wahl
Talking Re: 2014 Cobra Jet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Roehrich View Post
We don't call our green 69 Camaro SS/EA car "Marvin the Martian" for nothing. It's green, it's pissed off, and it hates Earth creatures. After it hurt some valve springs last year, it came close to the "Earth shattering kaboom". In fact, it has caused a couple of wallets to have an "Earth shattering kaboom". We should probably leave it under the car cover in the corner of Kevin's shop, but being a drag racer, I'm too stupid and too stubborn to do that.
Alan, I had to laugh 'cause you know I am familiar with that car. It is a beautiful, beautiful car! Like most race cars though, it has a mind of it's own! Jim

Jim Wahl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 11:41 AM   #12
Jim Wahl
Banned

Liked 672 Times in 121 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Jim Wahl Send a message via Yahoo to Jim Wahl
Talking Re: 2014 Cobra Jet

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.Johns View Post
Back when men were men! I love checking out drag racing history and reading all the tales. I wish I could have witnessed and been a part of it first hand.

I was born December of 1982 and sadly, didn't get to see all the great history other then see photos, videos and get to hear all the fantastic stories!
What! I've got underwear older than you!! Literally! Really! You whippersnapper you. Jim
Jim Wahl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 12:27 PM   #13
Bobby DiDomenico

Liked 88 Times in 45 Posts
Default Re: 2014 Cobra Jet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Wahl View Post
What! I've got underwear older than you!! Literally! Really! You whippersnapper you. Jim
Jim,
If it makes you feel better, he was born LAST century! :-)
Bobby DiDomenico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 06:35 PM   #14
lstanford

Liked 133 Times in 30 Posts

One of the best thread Hi-Jacks I've seen lately. I thought this thread was about the new 2014 Cobra Jet, not the average age of the human race.
lstanford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 02:39 AM   #15
D.Johns

Liked 17 Times in 6 Posts

The colors that I have thought about:
Electric Green- In remembrance of my 99 Cobra.
A deeper version of SnakeSkin Green from the Viper
Sour apple green metallic
Liquid silver
School bus yellow-of course with black reflective snake
Deep Impact Blue
Sonic Blue
Orange Beryllium
Camouflage- like CWs but call it the "WarHorse"

I've been playing around in the Mustang Customizer app on my phone to try and decide Base colors and color of the Snake(Wife informed me it has to have that on there)

Like I stated I love learning about "the good ole days" of racing. It always interests me and puts a smile on my face. I get a kick out of the personalities that were out there and the feuds between the Manufactures. I wish I could have lived it first hand. That being said-----this is my "Good ole days". This is the time that I'll look back on years in the future and tell the grand-kids about. The ups and downs. The factory involvements. The people and personalities. The victories and defeats. The behind the scenes stuff. Some of history is repeating itself and in the future people can look back at this as a fond memory. Who knows maybe in 30-40 years people will be strolling through the pits checking out the old 2008-up CJs, COPOs and Drag Packs with some of the amazement that I do for the CJs, Thunderbolts, and Hemis now. The old days were great, it's just that I get to experience this time first hand. There are certainly more "good ole days" still to come for future generations/Racers.
2014 Cobra Jet FS/XX #3345 STK/SS

Like us on http://www.facebook.com/pages/Daniel...25886327426822
D.Johns is offline   Reply With Quote