Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > .90 Heads Up Class Racing
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 06-25-2008, 08:58 PM   #31
luckydog

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Big Super Gas Race?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKRacing 1198 SG View Post
I am waiting on word from Lex from MG. I sent him 2 dates yesterday that were open at Maple Grove and did not conflict with any National Event Races, Division 1,2, or 3 races on that weekend to keep it open for everyone to come. The buybacks thing is a good idea but, we will see once everything gets ironed out. I was thinking about a Shootout on Saturday night if we have time. Put 25 - 40 bucks in, top 16 cars that ran closest to 9.90 on the 2nd time run that day get the option to join. Once the 16 cars are filled we run them off for the cash. I am also trying to work something out that if you come for both days you get a little discount on the entry fee to get in. Like I said I'm working on it real hard, I was going to talk with Dave Ley this week but he is in the hospital so let's all pray for a speedy recovery for dave.

Rob
Remember to steer away from any IHRA races as well!!! Instead of a 16 car 9.90 shootout you could have a shootout for each class, top 8 cars get in.
Old 06-25-2008, 09:22 PM   #32
BKRacing 1198 SG

Damien,
Of the dates I submitted 1 is during the Martin, Mich National Event and the other has a Division race at Jackson, SC. Like I said I am still awaiting word from Maple Grove themselves because they may have different dates that are not on the website but, that was my 2 options.

rob
Old 06-25-2008, 09:51 PM   #33
THE LEGEND
VIP Member

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Instead of Buybacks have a 2nd chance race.
$50 bucks to enter pay like $1,000-$500-100-50
Can't enter if you finish in the money on the big race.
Chip
THE LEGEND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 10:09 PM   #34
SUPER STREET ROB

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thumbs down Re: Big Super Gas Race?

I think they should outlaw buybacks!!!!!!!!!!!!!
SUPER STREET ROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 10:28 PM   #35
B CHILLIK

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

i like damiens idea...top 8 of each class..and then maybe a runoff between the winners of all three classes,but dont know how that would work?
B CHILLIK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 06:36 AM   #36
BKRacing 1198 SG

The Idea that I submitted to Lex has it just for Super Street and Super Gas. Nothing against Super Comp but I want this race to be for the door cars. The dragsters already kick everyones A** in the 25,000 races or the 10,000 races. I mean I think we can all agree that dragsters are the better car of all 3 classes if you were going to run it like a bracket style race. I want this to be for the door car guys....rememeber you can e-mail me at rekeister@aol.com if you want to comment personally on something, my door is always open.

Rob
Old 06-26-2008, 04:30 PM   #37
luckydog

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I think the weekend of Martin would be a BIG killer for car count, I sure wouldn't be able to attend. Martin usually has decent car counts. The South Carolina race may not take too many cars, but still wouldn't be a great idea. Can't come up with another weekend huh?? I do like the door car only idea!!!
Old 06-26-2008, 06:43 PM   #38
BKRacing 1198 SG

Smile Re: Big Super Gas Race?

Thats for tracks around here, the 2 dates I gave Maple Grove were the only 2 they had left open. Between, the Keystones, Geezers at the Grove, The Dutch Classic, NED Finals and Junior Dragster finals didn;t have much to choose from. Atco is like totally booked, we had a hard time getting dates for MASGA in the later part of the year thats why we took April and May. I have Cecil County which is farther then Atco and not one of the best tracks and Numidia which for most guys is a big hike. I mean I will try those dates and see how it goes for MG, if it's a big success then when I try it next year and I know where to look in dates. I really just started putting this together about 3 weeks ago, If I had worked on it in Dec/Jan we would already had the race by now. Either way we will have a Big S/G - S/S race sometime this year even if it's on the back streets of my house...