HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > .90 Heads Up Class Racing
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 06-20-2008, 03:38 PM   #21
luckydog

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Big Super Gas Race?

I guess I didn't catch scheduling it on a Wed or Thurs before. Thats gonna be a problem!!! If you don't wanna make everyone travel for 1 day of racing, make it 2 days $5000 to win instead of 1 day $10,000. The way i look at it is that it's already hard enough to get days off work that late in the year (at least for me), let alone a couple more. In my opinion having it on a Wed or Thurs would hurt car counts, but that my opinion. Thats a tough call.
Old 06-20-2008, 08:43 PM   #22
BKRacing 1198 SG

We could do 2 races for a 5,000 purse, Like a Friday and Saturday race with Sunday being a travel day if anyone from the D-3 or D-2 area decides to come out. I could start the race a little bit later on Friday to help with anyone traveling so they don't have to leave the night before or have to rush to get there early in the morning. I am all ears as to suggestions from you guys, I will be too busy pairing cars up and making sure everything runs smooth then to be racing that day. My Number #1 goal is to make a fun race for the Super class guys. I think it's been long overdue and we deserve something. We all bust our necks to go to NHRA races and sit in the pits for 4 days to win 1,800.00 and have to wait 6 months to get checks from sponsors who we have to give them more information then when you want to board a plane to prove you have that part. So where is the D-1 guys at, I have heard from the D-3 guys but what is the D-1 take on this race (i mean it's going to be in your back yard)? If we do the 2 race in 2 days we can get a racers BBQ together on one of the nights. I have not bothered to ask Uncle Buck due to the passing of his mother if he would cook for us.
Old 06-21-2008, 12:11 AM   #23
luckydog

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I'd say we do a Saturday, Sunday race. This way it is not required of everyone to take Friday off work and if you need it, you can take off monday to travel. Less days off for more people . Now, how can we go about getting a IHRA VS NHRA Allstars shootout?
Old 06-23-2008, 08:30 AM   #24
SGSST109E

Liked 124 Times in 58 Posts

Guys everyone has a box. Make it a .500 pro tree and you can have all the super classes in one eliminator.
SGSST109E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 04:20 PM   #25
Lynn Hoosigian

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Talking Re: Big Super Gas Race?

Sounds like fun!! I'm in depending on when it is!!!
Agree with 5 pro for everyone - we just add delay!!!!
Old 06-23-2008, 06:59 PM   #26
BKRacing 1198 SG

Just got word from Lex at Maple Grove. They would be interested in holding the event. I am thinking we do a Saturday and Sunday event, 2 races for a big purse each day to make it a nice time for everyone. Now I expect to see tons of D-3 cars out there since I may have made the race closer to your neck of the woods. The one thing Lex would like to see before he commits is just a sign as to how many guys would come out for the race... here is his response....

From Lex at MG,
With the economy the way it is, we’d have to be careful how it was scheduled. We’d have to figure out a purse structure and get some feel on how many drivers would participate. We’d be interested, but we just have to spell out all the details involved.

Rob
Old 06-23-2008, 09:20 PM   #27
B CHILLIK

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thumbs up Re: Big Super Gas Race?

so this would be a two day sat and sun race for 5000 on each day with 5tenth pro tree for every one? do you run all the cars and dragsters together? and what would we look as far as entry ? just a couple questions,but sounds kick *****
B CHILLIK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 05:59 AM   #28
BKRacing 1198 SG

I'm Still working on all those details as far as entry fee, how much the track would want, etc. Right now I am working on the tracks that are interested in doing it. It was going to be at Atco but since so many D-3 guys chimed in about it I'd figured I would try to make it a netrual site for everyone. Trust me when I get everything finalized you will hear about it...haha. I am just trying to keep everyone updated on the status of the race. I know alot of people come on a site say, "Big S/G race" then you never hear anything about it ever again. I think we will make it 5,000 to win based on a 64 car field. I think we can draw 64 cars to a race like this and if it's more then we up the purse. Trust me I am not in this to fill my pockets I am in it to have a fun race for the sportsman guys. I think with todays economy 128 cars is a bit much to be shooting for to try to draw into a race.

Last edited by BKRacing 1198 SG; 06-24-2008 at 06:04 AM. Reason: added more
Old 06-24-2008, 09:13 PM   #29
Bryan Gillespie
Banned

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

sounds like a plan!
keep us posted on round money/entry/maybe buybacks?
Now before you all wine think about the fuel cost ,the entry for the race is the cheapest part of racing nowadays,and if u r there already it's a nobrainer and put the buyback money back into the race not the track or promoter!!
probably should have use spell check!
Bryan Gillespie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 06:48 PM   #30
BKRacing 1198 SG

I am waiting on word from Lex from MG. I sent him 2 dates yesterday that were open at Maple Grove and did not conflict with any National Event Races, Division 1,2, or 3 races on that weekend to keep it open for everyone to come. The buybacks thing is a good idea but, we will see once everything gets ironed out. I was thinking about a Shootout on Saturday night if we have time. Put 25 - 40 bucks in, top 16 cars that ran closest to 9.90 on the 2nd time run that day get the option to join. Once the 16 cars are filled we run them off for the cash. I am also trying to work something out that if you come for both days you get a little discount on the entry fee to get in. Like I said I'm working on it real hard, I was going to talk with Dave Ley this week but he is in the hospital so let's all pray for a speedy recovery for dave.

Rob