HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > .90 Heads Up Class Racing
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 06-16-2008, 09:03 PM   #1
BKRacing 1198 SG

Thumbs up Big Super Gas Race?

Anyone who thought a Big Money race for the Sportsman guys could not happen was proven wrong last Wednesday. $10,000.00 to win Stock/Super Stock race at Atco, and yes they only got 66 cars (based on 128 to enter) but they still paid out the $10,000.00. So the question is who would be up for a Super Gas Race similar to that? Maybe not $10,000.00 to win but something worth the tow and entry fee (7,500.00, 5,000.00). I am looking at closer to the end of the year (maybe the Wednesday October 1st before the D-1 race at Atco). Let me know if anyone would be interested in racing or being a sponsor. You can e-mail me at rekeister@aol.com. Let's get it on.....

Rob Keister
1198 S/G
Old 06-16-2008, 10:02 PM   #2
B CHILLIK

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Question Re: Big Super Gas Race?

maybe if you would make it a super gas/super comp race there would be the possibilty of more entrys....run seperate until final and maybe have a run off ?
B CHILLIK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 10:08 PM   #3
luckydog

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Big Super Gas Race?

Heck, lets make it a 8.90, 9.90, 10.90 race. I'll be there!!
Old 06-17-2008, 05:57 AM   #4
BKRacing 1198 SG

Thumbs up Re: Big Super Gas Race?

You guys let me know how you wouls like to run it. I think the combo race is a good idea but the only thing is when you start pitting door cars against dragsters I think there is a unfair advantage. I bracket race at Atco all the time and trying to judge a dragster upstairs is very tough. Then with Super Street you have the difference in the christmas tree .4 tenths to .5 tenths. I mean if I get enough sponsors and interest I could work on a race for all classes but only time will tell.

Rob
Old 06-17-2008, 07:46 AM   #5
SSTHottie1236

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by B CHILLIK View Post
maybe if you would make it a super gas/super comp race there would be the possibilty of more entrys....run seperate until final and maybe have a run off ?
Haha, that sounds like that Pro Tree Nationals race that MIR used to put on back in the day. I do miss that race...probably cause we won the Super Comp part of it in '91
SSTHottie1236 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 07:30 PM   #6
sc1153

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to sc1153
Exclamation Re: Big Super Gas Race?

I would LOVE to run a race like that......S/C or S/G LETS GO!
sc1153 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 07:54 PM   #7
Amanda 1791

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Amanda 1791
Question Re: Big Super Gas Race?

I'd like to see that, doubt we will get enough cars tho. With a low entry fee we might.
Old 06-18-2008, 12:31 AM   #8
BKRacing 1198 SG

All ready have a few people interested on here and through e-mail. I am working on it very hard so hopefully I will have more info for you guys as it becomes available. Hopefully Gas is not 7.00 a gallon by this race either...time will tell
Old 06-18-2008, 09:46 AM   #9
BIZMANRACING

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

i think your idea is great and if the entry fee was like the one at atco (200) i think you might have something. now a few of the posts question weather or not you'd get enough cars. which is the problem with doing it on a wednesday. its one extra day which sounds simple enough, but coming from the auto industry sometimes its enough to just blow the whole thing up, the boss still needs the coverage at work. so i guess if your the boss its great.

but, anyway what i would like to see and i would think that it would help you out would be to add super street. i know this causes a problem because of the light issue. but i see that as only a minor problem. the bigger problem would be if the super gas guys who do not run upfront on a regular basics deicded to jump in on the super street side of the ladder. as i see it it could be as simple as if it doesn't say S/ST on the window then your in the other bracket. so the top guy in eash can go at eash other maybe in round robin format. ( of the 3 left the first to lose 2 is out)

or this has been done before. when top fuel ran against funny car. just put a delay in the tree of the one sec depending on the bracket. same with the light. if i remember correctly there was a divisional race in canada that lynn won, where due to what ever reason all super cars ran for one titile.

just my 2 cents

Carlos Mendes
BIZMANRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 05:50 PM   #10
NED890

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

THe bigest problem you have is that theres not a WALLY for the winning. Most of the super classracers all they want is the WALLY. Its not the money thats there for the winner. IF it was for the money they all wood be at the big dollar bracket races.
NED890 is offline   Reply With Quote