Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 10-16-2009, 09:12 AM   #11
Eric Merryfield

Liked 471 Times in 114 Posts
Smile Re: Maple Grove Test Session

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Young View Post
Wow! I didn't think anyone had a set of those left. I have a set of Rat Bones 97A's on my Mike McGill board. I'd probably break it in half if I stepped on it now, LOL
I actually skated in a bowl this Monday at the Newberyport Mass skate park with my soon to be 12 year old. Three concrete bowls, like glass, or of the tracks I visited this year Piedmont and Lebanon Valley pre-flood. I took my old 85A Large Bones off my Caberello board(my brother spilled gun cleaning solvent all over the tail and it ate part of it) and put them on my 11 inch wide Santa Cruz board. I tempted fate, and with a bad left hamstring, no pads just a helmet didn't kill my self, was great fun. Knew when to say when though, and quit while I was ahead.

The son took my advice and for his birthday got some re-issued 85A 65mm rat bones that are blazingly fast. Much better than the 56 mm or smaller rocks the kids skate on, not to mention the lack of pad under the trucks, and the 7.5 inch wide boards. I don't know how they do it!

FYI they are remaking a bunch of the old stuff, a bunch of the wheels, some of the decks. Powell and Perelta.

I wonder where I put my rectors, my two protecs and the padded shorts!

Fond memories of carefree youth. And nice to use my skateboard for something other than engine, tranny and rear end movements around the garage.

Eric Merryfield
Stock 1883
Old 10-16-2009, 08:09 PM   #12
Frank Bialas

Liked 19 Times in 12 Posts
Default Re: Maple Grove Test Session

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Barton View Post
We have to pay $2500 whether I have 1 car or 10. I was thinking $250 would be a fair starting price. I have 5 cars already pitching in and 5 are on the fence.

If we get less than 10 I'll pay the difference, if we get more it'll be cheaper for everyone.

Thanks,

David
What is the car count at? and if ready maybe #6 & # 7 are on the fence, Thank you!