HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock

Old 11-23-2017, 11:26 AM   #21
Brian Oakes

Liked 398 Times in 110 Posts
Talking Re: You can't bracket race a Super Stocker

Well all i have to say is Thank You Michael and Loose Rockers, for putting races like this on and also Peter and Klye, i have been to both of these racing, been treated well and good run races. Drake the 2 killer SS cars are apart, this is why i brought the Turtle and it is a real SS car as well and its deadly, It is going this weekend along with the stocker to the foot brake race, leaving soon, for the bang for the buck ya cannot beat these races, hope there will be alot more, Win a 20k race and it is the same as 3 National event wins, so when ya all finish fulling your guts, come to Peidmont for the footbrake races Fri/Sat/Sun, and if ya fill your gut to much, ya don't have to change classes,LOL just same old shoe polish.Happy Thanksgiving everyone.
Brian Oakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2017, 12:25 PM   #22
DRAKE VISCOME

Liked 89 Times in 33 Posts
Default Re: You can't bracket race a Super Stocker

Hey Brian...REMISS of me to "forget" Oakes race car fleet number !!!... lol...I always root for Michael Beard...whether he's living in Ohio to North Carolina back to Ohio (as racer or promoter)...!!!...INDEED will be rooting for you as well...always ('cept if/when we race each other !!!) know you are fine racer...good people...beauty of AMERICA...we have freedom/opportunity to make CHOICES...not ALL by any means have to be same..lol...as stated previously...on the hot dog...me-mustard/sauerkraut...maybe Michael-chili/onions...you-mustard/relish ???!!!*** lol...genuine heartfelt best wishes...HAPPY THANKSGIVING...we'll be @ Mooresville testing...trying to get our old IHRA "heaps"...up to NHRA performance standards...going forward...imagine that...lol...-Drake

Last edited by DRAKE VISCOME; 11-27-2017 at 06:58 PM.
DRAKE VISCOME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2017, 05:37 PM   #23
jmcarter
VIP Member

Liked 2,662 Times in 850 Posts

Watched a little bit of the Piedmont race this weekend on MMTV (foot in cast so what else can I do) and while happy for Michael that it looked like a good turnout there didn't seem to be many class cars, perhaps 6 or 7 (?). Saw one solid red Grand Am that certainly worked like a top notch Super Stocker but not sure who it was. Kinda neat to see Herb Jr's son doing some good with an Aspen Wagon and of course that Steve Foley kid can drive anything (neither of them class cars). In any case, for the payout it certainly looked like a good race to attend before putting the car away for the winter, of course for Brian there's no good time to not race LOL. One nice thing about the foot brake/ door car bracket races is that they generally go pretty quick since you don't have the endless parade of dragsters burning across the line and such.

My only point being it looked like a well ran race with a great variety of cars (and S10's) with good payouts. What's not to like?

Last edited by jmcarter; 11-27-2017 at 05:42 PM.
jmcarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 09:58 AM   #24
Michael Beard
VIP Member

Liked 12 Times in 8 Posts

Jamie Southards' FGT DragPak Duster

Sean Conway and Bob Conway, Jr.

Patrick Glade

Brian Oakes

Will Walton G/CM Camaro

James Perrone was at a bracket race, footbraking a Super Stocker, and smiling... you can't make this stuff up! Thanks for racing with us!

Hillarey Sloan had the blue Super Stock Production Camaro out too, but I missed getting a pic.
Old 11-28-2017, 10:05 AM   #25
Michael Beard
VIP Member

The Grand Am was our Gibbs Race Cars Best Engineered Car. The car is owned by Neal Church. He built the car himself, won a lot of championships, sold the car, and then later found it again in Provo, Utah, and bought it back. He made it to the 6th round in the $20K Main Event.

Old 11-28-2017, 09:39 PM   #26
Chris1529
VIP Member

Liked 56 Times in 26 Posts

Why was Jamie Southard's deep staging?
Chris1529 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 09:38 AM   #27
Michael Beard
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris1529 View Post
Why was Jamie Southard's deep staging?
Because she wanted to. It allows you to stage at a much lower RPM and find that spot on the tree that suits you best.
Old 11-29-2017, 09:57 AM   #28
nickh

Liked 211 Times in 92 Posts

Michael, I watched it as well, great show. Thank You for putting these events on it takes a huge commitment to do what you do for all of us. I hope to attend some of your events in '18 (updating my car and blowing cobwebs off of it)
nickh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 11:34 AM   #29
Chris1529
VIP Member

Liked 56 Times in 26 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Beard View Post
Because she wanted to. It allows you to stage at a much lower RPM and find that spot on the tree that suits you best.
I know why it is done, but the title of this thread is you can't bracket race a super stocker (or Stocker). Racer's can't deep stage when class racing, so I was asking why someone would feel the need to deep stage their class car when they go to bracket race.
Chris1529 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 12:40 PM   #30
Ellis V Buth

Liked 274 Times in 53 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris1529 View Post
I know why it is done, but the title of this thread is you can't bracket race a super stocker (or Stocker). Racer's can't deep stage when class racing, so I was asking why someone would feel the need to deep stage their class car when they go to bracket race.
My take on it...and I'm not a deep stager typically nor am I Jamie Southards so take it as simply my opinion:

When you go to one of these races, you're taking a bracket car. Period. If its your street truck...your SS/AH...your W/S Pinto Wagon the race you chose to attend that weekend is not a class race and therefore the rules of class racing don't apply. Since deep staging is allowed, and Jamie felt that was the best strategy for success for that combination on that weekend, my guess is that's why the car was deep staged.

Any time I go racing...no matter if its stock, a big money bracket race, or sportsman in my I6 F150...I try my best to know what the rules allow me to do and set up to be as competitive as possible within those rules. If that means deep staging when the rules allow (obviously not when racing stock), I'll adopt that strategy. No need to "conventional" stage at a race where the rules allow deep staging if I feel my best setup is deep "just because I'm in a class car"
Ellis V Buth is offline   Reply With Quote